Advice on tramping

hello, i start a new tramping job in a few days and i was wondering if any of you expierenced drivers could give me some advice ? thank you.

panther:
hello, i start a new tramping job in a few days and i was wondering if any of you expierenced drivers could give me some advice ? thank you.

You’ll either love it or hate it.

I personally love being out all week and living it rough for a few nights.

Just make sure you have the essentials.

Best of luck with your new job mate :slight_smile:

Treat it as an adventure. You never know where you will end up.

Far better than the regular runs if you don’t mind being away that much. If you read some of the ‘Where am I’ posts, it’s amazing where some of these drivers have been around the country and still recognise it.
Also you can use your work time experience to plan where to visit in your own time. Two weeks in Cromer, maybe ?

avoid parking in laybys use ind estates and try not to park facing down hill

Wermy:
Treat it as an adventure. You never know where you will end up.

Far better than the regular runs if you don’t mind being away that much. If you read some of the ‘Where am I’ posts, it’s amazing where some of these drivers have been around the country and still recognise it.
Also you can use your work time experience to plan where to visit in your own time. Two weeks in Cromer, maybe ?

+1

And try and be a heavy sleeper I can park in most places and be a sleep in seconds up hill or down.

goonerewill:

I wouldn’t have thought of that and, no doubt, will wake up with my nose embedded in the back of the drivers seat :smiley:

Tazbug

Tazbug:

goonerewill:

I wouldn’t have thought of that and, no doubt, will wake up with my nose embedded in the back of the drivers seat :smiley:

Tazbug

You can always raise or lower the suspension for up and down. Laybys are fine i use them all the time, the best ones are the ones where your set back 2-3foot from the road WITHOUT a kerb seperating you from the traffic, means the ■■■■■■ cant rock up beside you and rob your tanks. If your on a ind est park with the other guys and try to park near obvious cctv cameras. It helps if your a heavy sleeper because this means you can park near companies that run 24hr with trucks running in an out etc, if your scared :wink: .

Take more gear than you need, dont just take enough clothes for 6 days take enough for 8-9, ive got spares of everything, towels, trainers, you name it. Carry some tools aswell, the truck mite break down or you may have a problem with a trailer, silly to call the workshop if you can sort it yourself. Make sure your self sufficient and can live without the need to visit any shops all week, that means plenty of food and water etc.