Fire Engines...

Love the first pic, two were built on Leyland 15cwt chassis by Minories Coachworks and they were called ‘minisquirts’

Newcastle & Gateshed Fire Brigade
Removed due to copyright issues
Wakefield City Fire Brigade

Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue Service

Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service, Cirencester

Glasgow Fire Brigade, West Maine Station 1974

Glasgow Fire Brigade

A few older photo’s, no history with these other than that they were built by Jenning bodies at Sandbach before ERF bought the company

altitude:

3300John:

stravaiger:
“COMPARATIVELY RARE AS AN APPLIANCE, THIS BEDFORD RMA WAS FITTED WITH A HYDAULIC WATERTOWER”
Hiya …There,s some Bling on this KM
John

I know KM owner drivers of years ago, that would have killed someone to get there hands on that bumper. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hiya…I do…ME i had three KM,s working at S Coopers in the 80,s I,d always had Gardner,s // ■■■■■■■ and some 88,s and when
i got this 7 y/old Bedford i thought this won,nt last long (it screemed) at 48 mph anyhow one of my first trips was Leek to Sherourne(Dorset)
tip and across to Hove before 3pm.so we,ll have give her big foot… no bypass round S hampton then because a low bridge(i was 13/6)
well this bedford screemed and screemed but still took the hammering untill i got another cast off and screemed but at 65mph
They would,nt break that was a surprise to me.
John

Hiya… Any fire engines with Saxon on was built by ex Jennings men. After the ERF takeover the fire appliance
split of into Winsford. Then a works buy out took the outfit(cheshire fire engines)into Fodens old works and set
up as Saxon.This lasted maybe 25 years and closed down about 5 years ago.no new blood came into the trade and the work
force was all getting towads retiring so it was the end. very sad. I started my working days with the panel beaters that stuck
the trade up to the end.I jumped into a truck years earlier.
John

hi ,here,s one i used to drive .

its powered by a ■■■■■■■ 350 engine and 4 speed auto gearbox, it was way too big for a lot of the dirt roads we had to go on , i dont think we ever saved a house that was on fire , but we saved a lot of basements, it was all over by the time we got there.
cheers diesel

This is Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service new ALP (Aerial Ladder Platform) which arrived about two months ago, it is still undergoing training with crews so hasn’t been on ‘duty’ yet, we have two older (R Reg) Volvo 6x4 Bronto’s that it will be in service with, those were very recently attending a Garage fire in Hendon, Sunderland and are a vital part of the Fire Service operations. The Iveco (M Reg) 100 ft Turntable Ladder (TL) has also recently been sold after many years of good service which the new Bronto replaced. A really nice view of Newcastle/Gateshead from 100 ft up when servicing these vehicles, if you’ve got the stomach for it! Cheers Franky.

Some brilliant pictures everyone, thanks. The KM has a name on the front, West Riding always names their aerial appliances after ex chiefs or maybe ex councillors and the name plate was always chromed, a nice touch.

Speaking of Saxon which in the end was headed up by Roger Cotton, one of this batch includes a Scania with a Simon SS220 platform. The platform was from the earlier featured Dennis and was one of the last aerial appliances built by Saxon. I have to say the finish quality was excellent and it’s a shame they went down the pan.

The Amercian fire truck is also interesting, not the type of thing you could throw around the streets though by the look of it.

Dscf0009.jpg

DSCF0007.JPG

Scania 94D Hydraulic Platform Y865 VKH Goole.jpg

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

Dodge HCB Angus Water Tender UWU 323L.jpg

Dennis Water Tender JFU 673E Immingham.jpg

Dennis Water Tender CEE 999C Grimsby.jpg

Glenn R:
The Amercian fire truck is also interesting, not the type of thing you could throw around the streets though by the look of it.

:question: :smiley:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfo45JFyHQ&feature=related

Nice clips from New York, we just got back, went to Squad 18 and Greenwich Village stations as well as 10 - 10 (‘still standing’) of course…

To be honest the A|lbion doesn’t look too sorry for itself, it’s been a nice engine in it’s time no doubt. The Albion factory that’s great such a small place or is it like a tardis?

I like the ex Glasgow stuff to they always kept an unusual fleet, the BA Tender typifies British fire engines of that era I think

flatman001:
Love the first pic, two were built on Leyland 15cwt chassis by Minories Coachworks and they were called ‘minisquirts’

Newcastle & Gateshed Fire Brigade

Wakefield City Fire Brigade

Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue Service

Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service, Cirencester

Glasgow Fire Brigade, West Maine Station 1974

Glasgow Fire Brigade

I can remember the Leyland from Cirencester, I was living there when they had that.

Hi chaps these are some pictures from South Wales Fire Service. A brand new 2000 W reg Volvo FL6 Supercharger Saxon Volmax Cab, I believe 6 of these were orederd

A Scania 93 1991 J reg HCB Angus bodywork for the former Gwent FRS

Dodge G13 Saxon for mid glamorgan fire service.(part of south wales frs)

1998 SWFRS.