Fire Engines...

Carryfast:

rathmell999:
these never worked as aerials either and have all now disappeared at millions to the tax payer , the scottish ones all five of them have either been sold for peanuts or th ebooms removed to make them the most expensive driver training vehicles in the world , at this moment more than half of strathclydes are off the run and in workshops for repair and to bbe honest i despair at the tens of millions lost that could have been spent on dedicated aerial appliances designed to do a job and proven to do so ,it is sad

The UK’s aerial tower fire fighting capability has been shown to be a joke by the Grenfell incident in which 100 m and enough of them should be a minimum requirement.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40357535

youtube.com/watch?v=R9RPi3lEaSo

100ft/ 32m is more than enough for most brigades. Most station and streets couldn’t accommodate a fire engine of that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another yellow fire engine:

Originally with the Hong Kong Fire Service.
It subsequently passed to Hong Kong CityBus, (and painted into their fleet livery), to become a support vehicle for a scheme to consider the feasibility of running trolley buses in Hong Kong. A conventional air-conditioned, diesel-engine double deck bus was converted into a trolley bus and a short section of overhead wiring was erected at one of the bus Depots.
After a series of trials, demonstrations and testing, it was decided that running trolleybuses in Hong Kong would not be feasible.

Something a little different

image.jpgSlime green one.

Found this old picture of my late fathers fire engine

Is there anyone interested in pictures and stories of fire engines on the site or would you guys prefer not?

Glenn R:
Is there anyone interested in pictures and stories of fire engines on the site or would you guys prefer not?

Hi Glenn

I have an intrest in Fire Engines as my late father restored an old 1960’s Commer with a roots petrol engine, the unit was based at Kirby longsdale in lancashire… if i can get borrow a flat bed scanner i will post some pictures for you

Regards
Andy

Chubb Fire Pathfinder still in service after 34 years since it was sent to Poland as new :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=bal2YnDTrvU

Glenn R:

Personally I cannot see a problem with a thread dedicated to fire engines then if someone does n’t want to view them they do not have to

Regards

Spud1960

Glenn R:

Put them on mate sure there will be plenty of interest. Always good to see something different.

A couple of old ones.

Northumberland County Fire Brigade, Wallsend Fire Station 1968

Albright & Wilson, Oldbury works

Brilliant, the Wallsend Dennis - a proper fire engine! Here’s my first offerings, if anyone has any questions, I know the story of most of them, just fire away. (Excuse the pun). The quality of some are a bit poor and also they’re not all mine, some have been taken by Andrew Henry and others by Norman Downs, so here goes…

Commer Control Unit BJV 999L Grimsby.jpg

Bedford Hose Layer NYV 627 Immingham.jpg

Bedford HCB Angus Water Tender HAT 797N Scunthorpe.jpg

Bedford HCB Angus Pump Escape LFU 940F Scunthorpe.jpg

Bedford HCB Angus Foam Tender OFU 733G Immingham.jpg

Bedford HCB Angus Emergency Tender UFW 460J Immingham.jpg

Bedford HCB Angus Emergency Tender BBE 157B Scunthorpe.jpg

AEC & Shelvoke.jpg

6399 KH.jpg

207 HAT.jpg

Chapter 2 …

Dennis Foam Tender KRH 582V Hull North.jpg

Dennis Foam Tender B229 VRH Immingham.jpg

Dennis Emergency Tender HKH 942Y Scunthorpe.jpg

Dennis Emergency Tender F450 DAG.jpg

Dennis Emergency Tender C870 EKH.jpg

Dennis DS Water Tender A163 PKH Waltham.jpg

Dennis Emergency Tender C870 EKH rear view.jpg

Dennis Emergency Tender C870 EKH front view.jpg

Dennis - 50 HP - Aug 06.jpg

Commer HCB Angus Water Tender CBT 350C Grimsby.jpg

Here’s a couple for you belong to a mate of mine called Paul Pearson who’s a leading light in the North East branch of the Historic Commercial Vehicle Society. The first one is a 1952 AEC, ex South Shields Fire Brigade and the second one is a 1972 ERF ex Tynemouth Fire Brigade.

They’re both great pics, you should put the South Shields one on the AEC thread too, those guys would love it. Does he still rally it?

I’m not really sure about why, I know one of the first platforms in the UK was on a TK chassis - the Corgi Simon Snorkel model was based on that. The one in your picture was operated by West Yorkshire I believe and I don’t know of any others. There were a few turntable ladders on Bedford chassis but they never appeared to be on top of the job did they?

Chapter 3 - same stuff applies, quality, taken by me and AH and ND, enjoy

Dennis SS Water Tender ERH 675Y.jpg

Dennis Simon SS220 Hydraulic Platform A162 PKH Grimsby.jpg

Dennis Simon Hydraulic Platform ORH 41P Grimsby.jpg

Dennis RS Water Tender KRH 585V Grimsby.jpg

Dennis Rapier W893 XAT.JPG

Dennis Rapier S835 NRH Scunthorpe.JPG

Dennis Metz Turntable Ladder EJV 955 Grimsby and BHQ museum.jpg

Dennis Metz Turntable Ladder C188 EAG Scunthorpe.jpg

Dennis Magirus Turntable Ladder ERH 679Y Grimsby.jpg

Dennis Magirus Turntable Ladder A261 PAG Hull Central.jpg

stravaiger:
“COMPARATIVELY RARE AS AN APPLIANCE, THIS BEDFORD RMA WAS FITTED WITH A HYDAULIC WATERTOWER”
Hiya …There,s some Bling on this KM
John

3300John:

stravaiger:
“COMPARATIVELY RARE AS AN APPLIANCE, THIS BEDFORD RMA WAS FITTED WITH A HYDAULIC WATERTOWER”
Hiya …There,s some Bling on this KM
John

I know KM owner drivers of years ago, that would have killed someone to get there hands on that bumper. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: