A few old ERF's

Sisters

Hiya the odd looking ERF is a fire engine cab cut in half. it looks really odd compared to the fire engine maybe the grille.
ERF had a stack of orders for the cab fitted to the 4 wheeler range, thats where it stopped.the lorry was used by ERF
for running round deliverins parts for quite a while.if i remember it needed a higher speed diff as it only did 48mph,
and did’nt have a two speed which was a must with the 5 pot engine.
there was a stack of room in the cab, behind the seats there was room for a sleeper simular to a tk but full width.
the bonnet fitted tight between the two seats and was flat and at the seat level.
i thought it was a good cab, it needed a face lift to sort out the grille somehow but it was 1968 quite a while ago.
I worked on the cab helping Des Holford at Jennings when i worked their.
i see the lorry has a 061 phone number on the door. it did belong to a chap who lived near Leyton hospital at Crewe.
John

AUE 131J-695.jpg

375 GAC.jpg
Hi, All
Some stalwarts of their era

Cheers Bassman

Bassman:
0123Hi, All
Some stalwarts of their era

Cheers Bassman

Good quality pictures theer Bassman anymore from your career. :smiley:

375 GAC.jpg
MWD 110L-2.JPG

Hi, OTS, John

Started with Rugby on the Kv’s and drove most models through to the “C” series, which was the last model that Rugby as a fleet owner got.
Plus all the other in my opinion not so good makes i.e. Foden, Sed Atkinson, Commers , Dodges , Bedfords
The worst ERF was the early “B” series , they didn’t match up at all to a good “LV” model.
You soon learnt how to warm a KV up with an empty cement bag. My favourite was the “C” series 8 wheeler ,the best 8 wheeler since the AEC Mkv Mammoth Major.

Cheers Bassman Ps This is the best pic I’ve got of what was a working" KV", hence I’ve used it again

Two more

If memory serves, the ERF with bulk tipping trailer was originally green with red trim, ex James Smith (English Bicknor) Ltd before being blasted with the standard BRS Bulk grey after takeover. As I recall, it had a 150 Gardner and 6-speed DB box. Photographed outside the workshop at BRS’ Forest of Dean Branch at Merrin End, Mitcheldean, formerly the premises of George Read Transport, one of whose Mammoth Major tippers can be seen to the rear.

This will be my first attempt at uploading a photo. Please have patience and feel free to laugh if nothing appears!

IT WORKS! I’VE CRACKED IT!!!

Retired Old ■■■■:
0This will be my first attempt at uploading a photo. Please have patience and feel free to laugh if nothing appears!

Good pic Casey,nowt wrong with that.Keep em coming.
Cheers Dave.

old ish

R.O.F was that taken at Sandbach weekend just gone.

Retired Old ■■■■:
0This will be my first attempt at uploading a photo. Please have patience and feel free to laugh if nothing appears!

Cracking photo, I wonder who was the original owner of this fine ERF, It has a Newcastle Reg 1948, ■■? , Regards Larry.

A rare site in the Milnthorpe depot in the mid '80’s,two Rochdale based ERF C38’s changing trailers.

Thanks for the kind comments, chaps. I must admit I felt quite chuffed with myself for managing to embrace the technology.
Yep, the ERF was snapped at Sandbach Sunday, 21st April. Got a stack more photos, sadly all of them “at rest”. I had planned to capture some of the vehicles on the parade around the town but it started to rain just as I was finishing a particularly decent steak pie so I headed for home early. After all, I spent too many days getting soaked to the skin when I was getting paid for it so I retired to Castle RoF for the afternoon.

A few more from Sandbach.

ALMOST got it right!

Excellent photos ROF well done mate lets have more from you now.
John

Ok, just for you-

I have to state that IF the photos are any good it’s down to my rather nice digital camera rather than the skill of the operative!