A few old ERF's

here,s an old yan any good

milkmantom:
here,s an old yan any good

No it isn’t :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ,he’s roped over the fly sheet eh! Tut,tut Cheers Dennis

some parkgate iron& steel ERFs

I believe this one still earns a crust- used to pull a trailer, too.

parkgate ERFs in BSC blue then CORUS silver,now TATA

This A REG Motor is a real classic, Originally from North Shields , I was told by its owner Bob James that as far as he was aware it had been pulling Tanker Trailers, In the North East, Regards Larry.

Now this magnificent ERF lorry is really intriguing me:-
ERF KV 68G Flat-bodied 8x2 or 8x4 Lorry,SWW 132,1956,Park Gate Iron And Steel Company-Leonard Green,Rotherham:-

Barnsley,South Yorkshire,travelling showman,Charlie Jones,operated two ERF’s:The first was an ERF Streamline CI5.4,Luton Van-bodied Lorry,with a red cab and showmans maroon painted body. I believe that he transferred this body on to the ERF’s replacement:ERF KV 6-Wheeler Lorry,which had the same beautiful red cab,maroon body,colour scheme as the earlier ERF.
And I seem to recall that this ERF KV 6-wheeler’s registration was SWW 132…OR AT LEAST it was a very similar registration. If indeed Charlie Jones’ ERF KV was SWW 132,he obviously converted it in to a six-wheeler by removing the second steering axle. Can anybody please confirm whether or not Charlie Jones’ ERF KV and SWW 132 were one and the same lorry? Thanks :smiley:

VALKYRIE

An ERF B series artic bulk tpper of M A Evans of Knighton,Radnorshire.

M A Evans ran several of these all with Gardner 8LXB engines.

Another of M A Evans ERF’s seen on Penybont Common,Radnorshire.

Seen in one of the firms yards.

One driven by John Jet Morgan.

John Jet Morgan drove this one for B & J Davies of Bucknell,Shropshire.

Another of B & J Davies ERF’s.

John Jet Morgan reading the map or a paper.

Les Morgan’s nice ERF used for shows along with brothers John and Roy.

Les and Roy Morgan.

The new chip board mill at Liverpool, Regards Larry.

Dave the Renegade:

Seen in one of the firms yards.

I remember Evans’ had a Turbo Gardner in an ERF which could easily keep up with my F88.