RAF Fire Service Vehicles

Getting off Trucks for a wee minute here, so apologies to all you ■■■■■■■■ truckie types who like trucks only and nowt else, but I am as big a truck fanatic as the next guy (bear with me…) but I am actually ex RAF M.T with a real interest in the RAF Fire Service and their vehicles. I know a few drivers in civvy street who served in this trade and there must be loads more of you…

Basically, I have loads of good photos of the RAF Fire Service, but I am ALWAYS looking for more and hoped a few of you would be willing to share some of yours… Of particular interest would be the period from about the sixties to late eightees.

I have quite a large part of my collection loaded onto a website called ‘‘TheSixAppealWheelGroup’’ That’s not it’s ACTUAL name, it’s a bit tricky to find, but put those details in SEARCH and you should find it. Then go to LINKS and look for PEARSON’S FOTOS (that’s me folks!) I have loads of trucks, crashes etc and a few other guys have put some really good stuff on…

Have a look, see what you think… get up in the loft and let’s see if you can add anything.

HAPPY SURFIN! Cheers.

fototruck.com:
Getting off Trucks for a wee minute here, so apologies to all you ■■■■■■■■ truckie types who like trucks only and nowt else, but I am as big a truck fanatic as the next guy (bear with me…) but I am actually ex RAF M.T with a real interest in the RAF Fire Service and their vehicles. I know a few drivers in civvy street who served in this trade and there must be loads more of you…

Basically, I have loads of good photos of the RAF Fire Service, but I am ALWAYS looking for more and hoped a few of you would be willing to share some of yours… Of particular interest would be the period from about the sixties to late eightees.

I have quite a large part of my collection loaded onto a website called ‘‘TheSixAppealWheelGroup’’ That’s not it’s ACTUAL name, it’s a bit tricky to find, but put those details in SEARCH and you should find it. Then go to LINKS and look for PEARSON’S FOTOS (that’s me folks!) I have loads of trucks, crashes etc and a few other guys have put some really good stuff on…

Have a look, see what you think… get up in the loft and let’s see if you can add anything.

HAPPY SURFIN! Cheers.

I’ve only got this one with an RAF fire engine and then only half of it. :slight_smile:
Taken in 1963 at RAF Hemswell,Lincs when we were shipping the Thor missiles back to the States.Nice old Leyland Hippo and drag at the back. :smiley:

Cracking picture, much appreciated, CHEERS! This is a MK5 Crash Truck. Quite bemused as to the TOTAL lack of ‘‘Snowdrops’’, bearing in mind the era and sensitive nature of what was going on…

Would you be willing to let me post this picture on the website I have mentioned above, with full credit to you or the photographer? If this is permissable, would you email me a copy, as I am having a wee bit of trouble saving pictures on my computer at the moment. If not, it’s ok and thanks again for letting me see it.

Finally, you might be interested in my RAFASUPU pictures on my website www.fototruck.com in the GALLERIES section under WARHEAD CONVOY.

fototruck.com:
Cracking picture, much appreciated, CHEERS! This is a MK5 Crash Truck. Quite bemused as to the TOTAL lack of ‘‘Snowdrops’’, bearing in mind the era and sensitive nature of what was going on…

Would you be willing to let me post this picture on the website I have mentioned above, with full credit to you or the photographer? If this is permissable, would you email me a copy, as I am having a wee bit of trouble saving pictures on my computer at the moment. If not, it’s ok and thanks again for letting me see it.

Finally, you might be interested in my RAFASUPU pictures on my website www.fototruck.com in the GALLERIES section under WARHEAD CONVOY.

No probs with you posting photo mate - it’s on it’s way. :sunglasses: