octopus fire

found this on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=Af2hpNxqNe8

nice one mate. and the truck is from your way. you can see “tipton” clear as daylight written above the grill under the driver window. also reg number is a potteries reg. wonder if anyone on here knows r=the company or any other info ■■

thats only down the road from me.

It’s not one of Adam Jones is it? Their wagons had a similar livery and I seem to recall they were from Tipton.

i have emailed the tipton local history centre,see if they can help out

Thanks for flagging this up Curnock, very interesting mate. :sunglasses:

It got me thinking about a programme I watched a few years back on Channel Four in which it was investigated into car accidents. There was footage of a huge (and very nasty) accident in the early 70s on the M6 in which a load of vehicles (both cars and lorries) had all piled into one another in thick fog. I can remember it very well due to there being a Tarmac Scammell Routeman on the footage !
The fireman all had on dark outfits and black headgear.

stravaiger:
curnock, just dug this out from an old book of Peter Davies "The Rigid Eight "
Be interesting to hear any replies to your query and any other info from the older guys ( I’m still just a boy :wink: )

Iv’e long thought with the colour scheme, and the town, there may well have been a connection with Wisharts of Kirkcaldy but never thought to ask.
I’m sure we may get an answer here now that you’ve opened the thread.

An interesting piece of footage and it raises the question Big Al asked of another you tube clip.Is there anyway these clips can be “collected” ?
Thanks for sharing it…jim

Removed

thats a very close match !!

found a picture of the octopus that was on fire in the book,eight wheelers in colour by peter davies

it was me who supplied the pic of the wishart scania. :smiley:

found the youtube clip by accident,then ,searchin through an eight wheeler book i have found the picture that you see of the octopus that was in the fire.i wonder if the picture taken was before the fire or did they refurb the wagon and was that the end result. :question: :question: :unamused:

stravaiger:

An interesting piece of footage and it raises the question Big Al asked of another you tube clip.Is there anyway these clips can be “collected” ?
Thanks for sharing it…jim

If you download the free Real Player software from there website,you can save any You Tube clip to your pc.

bumped this one for son of a truck driver !!