Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Bakehouse,Algerians,Tonys at Wurzburg, Wally Stop, Reienbollen, Chrasio, Campo, all great places…
I use the tank cleaning stations now, safe to park and good food and clean showers. Most of all not many wombles use them!!! :unamused:

Some of the best nights i remember were the unpland i remember running with Newmercman one trip we stopped at a place before Le mans parking on right restaurant on left only the two of us but one of the best nights that i remember i think i fell in love with the waitress but on reflection it could have been infatuation or then again it could have just been the wine happy days, you all take care Melv.

magnum mark:
Bakehouse,Algerians,Tonys at Wurzburg, Wally Stop, Reienbollen, Chrasio, Campo, all great places…
I use the tank cleaning stations now, safe to park and good food and clean showers. Most of all not many wombles use them!!! :unamused:

Rheinbollen, that’s the one I was thinking of on the 61 :wink:

Papa Numpty:
Some of the best nights i remember were the unpland i remember running with Newmercman one trip we stopped at a place before Le mans parking on right restaurant on left only the two of us but one of the best nights that i remember i think i fell in love with the waitress but on reflection it could have been infatuation or then again it could have just been the wine happy days, you all take care Melv.

It was the wine Melv, it always was :laughing: certainly happy days though, like you I remember that night as if it was the day before yesterday. It was in a little town called Le/La Chene Vert (Green Bush) apart from the good food and better company I remember how clean the place was, especially the toilets (unusual for France) the brass was all polished to a mirror finish. Le Patron was a jovial old boy, an ex driver. I’ve had untold thousands of night’s out and that one is lodged in my memory, it was a bloody good night out for sure :wink:

Somebody mentioned Peters in Kerasini i remember Harrys in Kerasini he later moved to Aspropagos by the flyover nice guy very helpfull but i allways thought he was wearing the teeth in for the dog, but i used to like the meals cooked by his polish staff again happy days, for you younger guys dont worry one day hopefullly you will find yourself in the same sad state Take Care Melv. :neutral_face: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Peter 1961:
Freds Coslada, Victors Burgos, many a weekend spent in these places as well as… Far to many to remember, the Ugly Sisters at Macon, come on guys lats have some more…

BP Zaragoza, Roses on the n423 to Valencia , Upstairs down stairs Nules :sunglasses: :smiley: , Igors just North of Le mans. Castets :smiley:

You are probably right Mark, the older i get i wonder how i used to cope with all the paperwork if i had a pound for every hour i spent standig on those stairs in Dover i would be a weathy man but the memories are great and i am ticking over ok i am going to uk soon to look up Leigh & some old friends but i know after a few weeks i will be glad to be back here although the garden keps threatening to beat me , get into Walter trout brilliant on a long run Take Care Melv.P S THE WONDERS OF TECHNOLOGY. :smiley: :bulb: :bulb: :smiley: :smiley:

IGOR was the dogs name good place just beforeLe mans southbound

Autohof Tennenlohe, on the A3 by Nuremburg a good place to be weekended, I think it was 35 DM and you got a book of vouchers for lunch and dinner on the saturday and breakfast ,L an D on Sunday plus admission to the spa in the nearby hotel.

Yea Chazzer Tennenlohe :smiley: , that was very handy if you didn’t have enough hours to run through to that restaurant at the Waidhaus border before crossing into Czecho. A Jagersnitzel, pommes frites and the last decent beer for the next couple of weeks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

I m surprised that no one has mentioned Pops the Ponderosa at Concorezzo or Francos who was run over and killed by a Belgian in the secure compund that he had organised there, also Lauras.Going to swiss there was agood one at the bottom of the Col du Bussang i ve forgotten its name and much further over in France if you were going Tunnel du Chat as you started the climb up on the right the town of Vienne seems to ring a bell,Strange that nobodys mentioned Carisio i always preferred it to the Log Cabin at Santhia and of course Janine and Vito at Novara. Happy memories, never liked the Algerians which is was at Epineau les Voves as some one mentioned best features were o fair sized truck park opposite and a few hundred metres down the road a Leclerc filling station.Mention of the Ho Chi Minh brings back fond memories turn right at Pont D Ouche and follow your nose Bray sur Seine, Meaux then up to Senlis join Auto Route a lovely way to avoid the Peripherique very little traffic i loved it . Regards Crow.

hi geoffthecrow. do you mean the one on the right before you entered the tunnel du chat that was a cracking place :slight_smile: some of the center routiers was good in france waggoners was a good one to.
anyone stop at the white house nr laon on the old road from reims had all the old photos from the second world war in there.johnyrose63.

Well, I’m suprised no one has mentioned Geiselwind where poor John Willie died.A lot of brits stopped there for the weekend on the way to Czech or Hungary or further.It was just about 9 driving hours from the boat.The food was always good as was the company.It was also a favourite place for blowing red into the road tank cos it was on a slight hill at the back of the car park.Oh well happy days!!!■■?

Yes John a cracking place. I always preferred French rather than Italian, better menu start off with potage followed by assiete anglais with crudities then main meal cheese board the only thing you paid extra for was your cafe and cognac of course the whole meal had been washed down with copious amounts of vin rouge. I really miss those good old days fond memories regards Crow.

All those routiers you guys have mentioned bring the memories flooding back. There were so many back in the 70’s & 80’s

Those at Orte north of Rome have been mentioned. There were several there and they would take it in turns which one would stay open all weekend. What was the one called which had the owner’s relative (nephew, I think) who’d had the “op” and was always dressed up as a female? Not that I was interested!!! :laughing:

fond memories is iam afraid we all have now geoff :slight_smile: i to miss them days aswell.back to the real world now
egg and chips anyone :laughing:

A couple of grainy ol piccies

Understandably i took the pictures in daylight before entering these establishments because i no doubt left these same premises “Rat Arsed” later that night!
Newmercman you mentioned one place that i had totally forgotten about. The Rally Route south of the old Avallon tunnel if i am correct on the right if heading south bound!

Jayat eh Jacko commonly known as the Dust Bowl 4 out of 10 on my list of restaurants. Lets go considerably further East. the Log Cabin not far away from Praha good food excellent draught Budvar the original not that yankee crap,Devet Krizu near Domosov, Breclav ,Malacky,Hotel Rajka,Hotel Wien for those who dont know we re in Hungary now Windmill ,Whitehouse, Nacional Belgrade, Motel Nis , Motel Athena,into Greece Evzoni Polykastro,Km155 Blue Bay excellent,Peters truckstop,we could go on and on Harbour Inn, we couldSTILL go on and on. I tell you what we wagon drivers could do a ■■■■ sight better than all these travel round Europe TV programmes.Regards to all CROW.And sorry John yes we did stop at that Whitehouse nr. Laon.

Papa Numpty:
IGOR was the dogs name good place just beforeLe mans southbound

Is it still there , years ago they built a bypass or motorway past it ?

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the last stopping place in europe before entering asia; the Mocamp where virtually everyone who went to the middle east stopped, plus the Harem although we are now in asia so it does’nt really count on this thread…