Last chance - France

Just been reminiscing to the girlfriend - think I’ve asked before, but can anybody remember the wooden chalet cafe somewhere within an hour of the French side of the Blanc, on left as you ran home in some pine trees next to a small lake? Did great Oeufs Jambon but wasn’t universally popular with Brits as they didn’t do ‘proper’ bacon and the eggs came runny, runny or raw :smiley: just wondered if anybody could recall it, and if so where it a actually was? Talking mid to late 80s, thanks in advance!

Hi jj72,

I seem to remember a place similar to the one you’ve described so I just had a look on Google maps to refresh my memory… could it have been by Lac de Passy just before Sallanches?

When you come out the Blanc , its about a half hour down the hill , just before you come round the side of the rocks where they built the new stilts , if its the same place you shoot of to the right and there used to be IDS pumps at it , there was little parking and the road ran down through it , well that Routiers is still open and still good .

Could’ve been Passy Lafayette Dave, really don’t know - thanks

The only places now to eat are Cluses AT JCT 19 and Nantua at jct 10, i don’t know if they were the places back in the 80’s