Eu referendum whats your vote

CF I can see by the many comments you post on many subjects your knowledge knows no bounds from TM Bedfords-Gearboxes-The fall of British Leyland and so on but your knowledge of the DUP I suggest you could write on the back of a postage stamp. On the subject of the EU you may consider May-Hammond and others will sell the UK out but I can tell you that is one thing the DUP will never do and will always defend the Union and would take no [zb] from Juncker & co.

nigel2012:
CF I can see by the many comments you post on many subjects your knowledge knows no bounds from TM Bedfords-Gearboxes-The fall of British Leyland and so on but your knowledge of the DUP I suggest you could write on the back of a postage stamp. On the subject of the EU you may consider May-Hammond and others will sell the UK out but I can tell you that is one thing the DUP will never do and will always defend the Union and would take no [zb] from Juncker & co.

As I said we’ve got documented proof of the DUP wanting ‘soft’ Brexit and obviously holding us to ransom to get it and a video of Irish Nationalists burning the EU flag.Which part have I missed.

Carryfast:

nigel2012:

As I said we’ve got documented proof of the DUP wanting ‘soft’ Brexit and obviously holding us to ransom to get it and a video of Irish Nationalists burning the EU flag.Which part have I missed.

As usual “CF” you are talking a load of Bollox as you are suggesting that the DUP want a soft Brexit so if this was the case why didn’t they keep Stumn and just let Theresa allow NI to be placed outside the Union and let the Border move into the Irish sea ? Cheers Bewick.

Don’t know how anybody are been held to ransome-if the DUP hadn’t spoke up on Monday where would we be now and according to the Legatum Institute think tank and the Open Europe think tank it is the Irish GDP that would take a tumble if the UK leave the EU without a deal. The British Government along with the DUP have said they do not want a hard border between North-Southern Ireland but Dublin can’t do that deal because the EU doesn’t allow members to do deals without EU approval so its not a soft Brexit it’s about allowing Trade to flow. In the course of my job I travel to the South 2-3 days per week and a section of the population think that the South should also leave the EU as so much of their trade is with the UK especially Agri Business,also from 2018 Ireland will have to pay more to the EU than it will get back - this will be the first time since they joined and many TD’s [MP’s] are not happy. On the subject of Nationalist’s burning a flag I wouldn’t write to much into that as most of them are Sinn Fienner’s and there mission is to use whatever method’s are required to unite Ireland-so long as somebody else pays.

Fortunately we can see clearly where CF gets these stupidities from - they are just recycled opinions from the idiots at the Daily Express.

No, I have figured out where we are going wrong - we are negociating honestly. Now if we were Spain, which I know a bit about because I ran a business there, we would agree with absolutely everything that the EU wanted and then as soon as the deal was done we would renaage on all of them and say that they must have misunderstood us. Just like they agree to EU regulations and then fail to implement them. Meat and Dairy in the same fridge? Wot he?

David

David you are way off the mark with regards to the newspapers that “CF” reads ! He takes the Daily Star ( it used to be the Daily Sport!) the Dandy and the Beano fill in the gaps that the Daily Star miss ! Cheers Dennis. :unamused: :wink:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

As usual “CF” you are talking a load of Bollox as you are suggesting that the DUP want a soft Brexit so if this was the case why didn’t they keep Stumn and just let Theresa allow NI to be placed outside the Union and let the Border move into the Irish sea ? Cheers Bewick.

Leave it out.They’ve clearly stated that they want a soft Brexit as part of their deal to support May’s self inflicted minority government and therefore by definition maintain the soft border with Ireland.As shown in the Express link provided.Which they’ve also obviously been happy enough to go along with since the 1920’s when the border was drawn.So what’s supposedly changed in that regard.It’s clear that the whole thing is an engineered stitch up all as part of May’s delay and derail tactics.It’s also clear that they want to remain with the UK and the EU not surprisingly being committed Federalists ( ‘Unionists’ ) not Nationalists. :unamused:

David Miller:
Fortunately we can see clearly where CF gets these stupidities from - they are just recycled opinions from the idiots at the Daily Express.

So are you suggesting that the letter shown in the article was a forgery ?.If so why didn’t the DUP take legal action clearly stating that it was a lie based on a forged document ?.While the Telegraph seems to go with the same view.Again no rebuke from Arlene Foster.

telegraph.co.uk/news/0/Who-a … n-ireland/

As for the bs of a hard border at the Irish Sea.We’ve all already got the situation of a hard border for non EU citizens and a soft border for EU citizens as EU member states.So what’s so bleedin difficult about the DUP accepting a soft border for NI/UK citizens and a hard border for non UK and EU citizens at the Irish sea and a soft border between NI and Eire which they’ve been happy with since it was first drawn.Bearing in mind that hard Brexit obviously means an end to EU passports for us. :unamused:

No surprise that May and her equally treacherous DUP remainer rabble and their master Juncker kept that option off the table and hidden. :imp:

On that note remind us which way the DUP MP’s voted in the European Communities Act in 1972.Oh wait it was only opposed by Labour and a few Conservative MP’s.

With respect to most of what has been written preceding this,and some opinions differ to mine,I have to say from a neutral point of view David Davies comments yesterday seem to sum the whole thing up perfectly.When asked about the impact of Brexit upon the British airmotive industry,no study.British automotiove industry,no study.British financial industry,no study.
No study,no thought.
Previous to this, Johnson the ■■■■■ comments “let them whistle for it”,came back to bite him on his rather rotund arse.
Some of you may well know what Im talking about when I explain this situation to you.On certain work,a driver may cross the border 10/12 times a day, in and out of Irl/NI.There are more road crossings between Irl and NI,than there are in Eastern Europe to places like Russia,Moldova,Ukraine etc. The DUP hold the cards for the British government.A party scarcely heard of in England,Scotland or Wales prior to this debacle.Albeit a party that holds power in NI,yet a province that voted to remain in the EU,(though obviously the rest of the UK said no).There is a fear,and dare I say it a real one,that any sort of watering down of the ties between NI and UK will result in a united Ireland .This is Fosters only bargaining chip.Shell bring the whole thing down if May doesnt play her way. There hasnt really been a whole lot of thought put into it,has there?

whiplash:
With respect to most of what has been written preceding this,and some opinions differ to mine,I have to say from a neutral point of view David Davies comments yesterday seem to sum the whole thing up perfectly.When asked about the impact of Brexit upon the British airmotive industry,no study.British automotiove industry,no study.British financial industry,no study.
No study,no thought.
Previous to this, Johnson the [zb] comments “let them whistle for it”,came back to bite him on his rather rotund arse.
Some of you may well know what Im talking about when I explain this situation to you.On certain work,a driver may cross the border 10/12 times a day, in and out of Irl/NI.There are more road crossings between Irl and NI,than there are in Eastern Europe to places like Russia,Moldova,Ukraine etc. The DUP hold the cards for the British government.A party scarcely heard of in England,Scotland or Wales prior to this debacle.Albeit a party that holds power in NI,yet a province that voted to remain in the EU,(though obviously the rest of the UK said no).There is a fear,and dare I say it a real one,that any sort of watering down of the ties between NI and UK will result in a united Ireland .This is Fosters only bargaining chip.Shell bring the whole thing down if May doesnt play her way. There hasnt really been a whole lot of thought put into it,has there?

What thought was needed regarding the automotive industry bearing in mind that our member status has seen the massive transfer of uk industry to Europe anyway to the point where we are a net importer of EU automotive products.So we leave the EU on the basis of hard Brexit what is it that you’re actually worried about in that regard ?.At worse ( best ) we end up in a trade war with the EU which from our point of view would actually benefit us. :unamused:

As for Arlene Foster it’s clear that her stinking agenda and Party is all about getting her wish for soft Brexit just using the bs excuse of the Irish border when it’s never been a hard border since it was drawn which is actually the situation she wants to continue.On that note she’s already over played her hand in that if she and her treacherous rabble don’t want to implement the vote of the UK,which they say they supposedly belong to,then they should zb off declare independence and join the South in the EU.While ironically plenty of those there understanding the contradiction in a country born out of and based on Nationalism handing itself over to the zb EU and being ruled by Juncker as shown in the flag burning video.

So let’s not be under any illusions.The only thing that NI is ‘loyal’ to is the ideology of Federalism ( Unionism ) not Nation.Which is why Arlene Foster and her treacherous rabble are allied with traitor May in doing everything possible to derail Brexit in the form we voted for.I for one viewing the idea of England being ruled by NI or Scottish MP’s as no different to being ruled by the EU.The obvious solution here being English independence which is the only way that we’re going to get Brexit.Bearing in mind that the idea of Brexit is a Nationalist one and which therefore can’t possibly be delivered by ideological Federalists.You know the same Federalists that took us into the EU. :imp:

the bs excuse of the Irish border when it’s never been a hard border since it was drawn which is actually the situation she wants to continue.
There was a border Carryfast,trust me,first hand experience.
You obviously never parked on Newry hill clearing customs,to go to the middle point of Carrickarnan,and then on to the Dundalk customs,a task that,if loaded with groupage could take anything from 4 to 10 hrs carryfast.
A border will suit no one,Irish or British citizens
Plus,if there is no border,the flow of immigrants from France may be taken to Ireland and over the border(non existant),to a seamless run through Scotland/Wales?/England directly

whiplash:
the bs excuse of the Irish border when it’s never been a hard border since it was drawn which is actually the situation she wants to continue.
There was a border Carryfast,trust me,first hand experience.
You obviously never parked on Newry hill clearing customs,to go to the middle point of Carrickarnan,and then on to the Dundalk customs,a task that,if loaded with groupage could take anything from 4 to 10 hrs carryfast.
A border will suit no one,Irish or British citizens
Plus,if there is no border,the flow of immigrants from France may be taken to Ireland and over the border(non existant),to a seamless run through Scotland/Wales?/England directly

CTA established 1923.It’s obvious that arrangement will also be compatible with the Irish/UK/EU border in the case of Ireland specifically.With only the need to seperate non EU and now obviously EU passport holders,from UK passport holders,when entering the UK mainland.Which is similar to what happens now anyway at UK border points even with us all being EU member states.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

The situation of customs clearance being something else while bearing in mind that the Swiss/EU border,which surrounds the whole country,doesn’t take anything like 4 let alone 10 hours to get through,so why should the NI/EU/Irish border.

The truth is the whole mess is just the DUP predictably throwing a diversionary spanner in the works to delay and derail Brexit as part of May’s remain agenda.As expected from a bunch of hypocritical Federalists who voted to take us into the EU from the start and who have no intention of implementing the Leave referendum vote now. :imp:

CF what the hell would you know about EU border clearance. You never did any.

David

David Millar you are correct as regard Border Clearance - coming off a Ferry in Larne at 6-30am with 1 drop in North Dublin and lucky to get tipped before they close at 4-30pm. There never has been a hard Border but there was for many years a security problem caused by the very people who are now doing all the shouting. Newry- Dundalk was always the main crossing but you never seen as many people [who had no fathers] in the same place at one time as you saw at the Dundalk Customs and who’s only aim in life seemed to be to make everybody’s life as hard as possible and at one time was known as the worst crossing in Europe. I would safely say you are correct when you say CF was never near the Irish Border in his life and just as I said at the start what he knows or understands about the whole issue you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

nigel2012:
David Millar you are correct as regard Border Clearance - coming off a Ferry in Larne at 6-30am with 1 drop in North Dublin and lucky to get tipped before they close at 4-30pm. There never has been a hard Border but there was for many years a security problem caused by the very people who are now doing all the shouting. Newry- Dundalk was always the main crossing but you never seen as many people [who had no fathers] in the same place at one time as you saw at the Dundalk Customs and who’s only aim in life seemed to be to make everybody’s life as hard as possible and at one time was known as the worst crossing in Europe. I would safely say you are correct when you say CF was never near the Irish Border in his life and just as I said at the start what he knows or understands about the whole issue you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Oh I see

nigel2012:
David Millar you are correct as regard Border Clearance - coming off a Ferry in Larne at 6-30am with 1 drop in North Dublin and lucky to get tipped before they close at 4-30pm. There never has been a hard Border but there was for many years a security problem

Make your mind up.You’ve agreed that the NI/Irish border has never been a so called ‘hard border’ but the whole arrangement obviously went pear shaped for totally unconnected ‘security’ reasons.Which had/have nothing whatsoever to do with the solution that we’ve voted for now of combining hard Brexit with the same soft NI/Irish border that’s existed since 1923 and which the remainer DUP have conveniently been happy enough with as part of our EU membership. :unamused:

While if the DUP don’t like it then they know what they can do.With it being obvious that to get proper Brexit we’ll also need a Confederal UK in which the Scots and the Northern Irish loons can remain in the EU as that’s clearly what the muppets want.Not to mention that arrangement being much better than the situation of English policies being decided by the Scottish and Irish vote and us being expected to spend our taxes on supporting them for the privilege. :imp:

Nor any other border neither Nigel.

I did some loads to both the North and the Republic but was never terrible hassled by the customs. No worse than everywhere else we had to do and a sight better than some.
But I remember that the border was looked on as a good Craik by many at that time. There were certainly tales of cattle walking one way and being driven back. There was even an official name for the period of the first introduction of the EU rules and tariffs. Intervention was it?
So I would have thought that a people so good humoured and adaptable as the Irish would scarcely be bothered by a wee thing like a Border, would they?

David

What seems to be overlooked here is that the UK has done nothing but pay BILLIONS into the EU over the past 40 years, never mind the “so called Rebate” we got which that ■■■■ Blair reduced ! And it has been squandered on bailing out Eastern Europe AND Paddy land ! But understand that the Gerry’s don’t like us for historical reasons :unamused: and the Frogs defo do not like us ! So why don’t these Remoaners accept this as FACT ! Germany and France will never accept the UK as an equal in the EU and never did ! Oh! but “thank you very much UK” we’ll “hold our nose” and have your contributions thank you very much ! We should never have allowed ourselves to be dictated to by the Jerry’s or the Frogs and to be blunt, in order to concentrate the Paddys minds we should close all entry points from the Republic to the UK for 6 months ! Their economy would go “■■■■ up” in a month ! Why should that Indian/Paddy hold the whip hand over us ? ■■■■ that ! he wants a severe and short sharp lesson in economics ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
What seems to be overlooked here is that the UK has done nothing but pay BILLIONS into the EU over the past 40 years, never mind the “so called Rebate” we got which that [zb] Blair reduced ! And it has been squandered on bailing out Eastern Europe AND Paddy land ! But understand that the Gerry’s don’t like us for historical reasons :unamused: and the Frogs defo do not like us ! So why don’t these Remoaners accept this as FACT ! Germany and France will never accept the UK as an equal in the EU and never did ! Oh! but “thank you very much UK” we’ll “hold our nose” and have your contributions thank you very much ! We should never have allowed ourselves to be dictated to by the Jerry’s or the Frogs and to be blunt, in order to concentrate the Paddys minds we should close all entry points from the Republic to the UK for 6 months ! Their economy would go “■■■■ up” in a month ! Why should that Indian/Paddy hold the whip hand over us ? [zb] that ! he wants a severe and short sharp lesson in economics ! Cheers Bewick.

It’s the DUP who are making obstacles where they don’t exist and it’s Arlene Foster who’s calling for Soft Brexit and who’s saying that ‘she’ won’t accept the combination of hard Brexit and the soft Irish border that she’s happy with in all other cases and since 1923,just like it was the DUP who voted with Heath for The European Communities Act in 1972.Nothing to do with any Indian Paddys. :unamused:

1.If Tony Blair reduced the “rebate” that the UK was due,then whos issue is that?He was your leader at the time.(A saying over here is you get the government you deserve)Maybe the national front or some such may have been a better choice,but the majority voted him or his party in to power.So ■■■■ it up.
2.Not sure about bailing out Eastern Europe,but certainly in relation to the bail out of Ireland,were well on course to have the loan paid back,with interest let me add.(Im sure whoever signed off in 1972 knew exactly that smaller, weaker economies would in time need help,and the bigger stronger economies would be called upon to do this)Dare I say even if Britain had needed a dig out the Dm or Ffr would have been greatly accepted.
3.The Germans and the French probably dont like certain aspects of British culture because of the "right" to this,and the "right" to that.Arrogance I think its called. 4.Closing the entry points to the UK will not send the Irish economy ■■■■ up in a month.I would say less than a week would do the damage. However,if entry points are to be closed,then exit points from the UK will be closed,and there would be pain on both sides of the economic divide.2 of YOUR largest retailers have a large segment of the Irish grocery business,let alone all the clothing shops that have dotted up everywhere,and electrical/computer stores. YOUR citizens work in the south,and according to figures,considerably more than go vice cersa.(9 houses in our scheme,4 families ex UK, 5 Irish) 5.The Indian/Paddy as you call him,didnt make this problem.He is looking after his countrys interests,which, in hindsight,if your elected representatives had done the last 45 odd years,Ireland,the UK and Europe may not be at this crossroads.(see point 1)
6.Economics say that if the UK do not play ball,then tariffs will be imposed.While some may say,sod em,we`ll trade with the commonwealth,mid/far east,the market is on your doorstep.Go to your closest cheapest market.Thats a severe short sharp lesson in economics.