steelboyf10:
Here’s one for sale on truck trader…good old firm

Strange drivers window?

r venton burslem.jpg

pete smith:

steelboyf10:

Strange drivers window?

The ‘sliding window’ was part of a lightweight spec offered on some tractor units and M series I believe.

GCR2ERF:

pete smith:

steelboyf10:

Strange drivers window?

The ‘sliding window’ was part of a lightweight spec offered on some tractor units and M series I believe.

That is ex Tankfreight

Here’s a Merry Xmas pic for this thread (off ebay)! :laughing: Robert

Here are some Cornish ones.

OK, so who wants to drive this '50s ERF to Anvers (Antwerp) tomorrow morning? Robert

vcx1600.jpg
pict26.jpg

Nicely presented EC. Robert

11564745705_72fd4c4867_b.jpg

Wonder where my old ones from Kirks are now? J573 TSC, E12 4x2 with a Rolls 375 and twin split, and T923 TNC, E11 Olympic , 380 with the crap Eaton 16 speed box.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

rgt1973:
Wonder where my old ones from Kirks are now? J573 TSC, E12 4x2 with a Rolls 375 and twin split, and T923 TNC, E11 Olympic , 380 with the crap Eaton 16 speed box.

I drove quite a few ECs and every time I approached one I hadn’t driven before I kept my fingers crossed it had a Twin-splitter and not the awful Eaton ‘S’ synchro 'box. If you think the 16-speed version was bad, just try the 12-speed which was just a 16-speed with the splitter blanked off in low range! Robert

Here’s one we operated excellent size vehicle E6 180 B series ■■■■■■■■ 17 tonnes GVW a good 10.5tonne payload short sleeper, but boy what a pig!
We had it for nearly 2 years it had 3 handbrake valves, 2 Radiators A Gearbox with 2 Clutches & a rebuilt Engine take about a Friday afternoon Vehicle this was a Friday afternoon before annual shutdown!!
regards
Jeremy

robert1952:

rgt1973:

I drove quite a few ECs and every time I approached one I hadn’t driven before I kept my fingers crossed it had a Twin-splitter and not the awful Eaton ‘S’ synchro 'box. If you think the 16-speed version was bad, just try the 12-speed which was just a 16-speed with the splitter blanked off in low range! Robert

Terrible gearbox was it just me that used to punch the engine/dash bit with the forward shifts bang yah knuckles sort of
now a 14 ltr ■■■■■■■ T/S :sunglasses: but even better the 400R/R with T/S that has to be one of the best set ups ever :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: - :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: in a smurf. :smiley:

Hi all

This has become available for sale - the last ERF built, with all the supporting paperwork, and matching no plate. My good friend Simon Woolliscroft has it in his yard. Check it out at woolliscroftgarageservices.com. Can anyone shed any light on its history ■■

adie5:
Hi all

This has become available for sale - the last ERF built, with all the supporting paperwork, and matching no plate. My good friend Simon Woolliscroft has it in his yard. Check it out at woolliscroftgarageservices.com. Can anyone shed any light on its history ■■

Wasn’t this new to Barry Dancer?

Toddy2:

adie5:
Hi all

Hi toddy - yes I seem to remember that name on the doors before the paint job

adie5:

Toddy2:

adie5:
Hi all

Hi toddy - yes I seem to remember that name on the doors before the paint job

Not a proper ERF anyway, last MAN to wear an ERF badge :open_mouth:

1REVS_01[1].jpg

lespullan:

What a great picture that bottom one is! I love the way those Mollicroft skylights run down the roof and curvasiously recess into the rear bulkhead: most ingenious. :sunglasses: Robert