England chances in World Cup [Merged]

Don’t give a ■■■■ what is on my back Wednesday, what time it’s booked in next day or not, or how many ■■■■ drops I’ve got on…, I’ll be parked up somewhere where there’s a bar and a big screen. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/-HwBqf7f294

The way they’ve been playing, anything less than bringing the cup home will be a failure. As a Tottenham fan I’m extremely proud of the contribution our boys have made (basically they’ve put the national team into the semi finals) however as a Tottenham fan I’m also worried that they will manage to come third in a two horse race as we’re quite good at that.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

All the stick that Sterling is getting through social media and everywhere else, I reckon he’ll be up for proving a point, so it could be worth putting a couple of quid on him scoring Wed night. :bulb:

Nowt wrong with sterling.
His pace causes big problems for our opponent’s defence.
Ali looks ready to peak.

If Ali hits his stride and feeds Kane then it’s in the bag, they’re like Gullit and Van Basten when on form, unstoppable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I think it’s on the bag.

Well the final is on Sunday afternoon so I will miss it as I’m already booked to exhibit at a steam fair! Might just catch extra time and penalties though! :unamused: France played well tonight, they will take some living with I reckon.

Pete.

I was quite surprised by this team’s performance so far, don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been a keen supporter, but you don’t expect owt from the lads (thinking back to previous years) and it was a surprise if they even made to the quarter finals… this year’s appearance has changed all that!

So I’ll politely ask the krauts here to turn the telly on, and leave me in peace while I’m watching a proper team doing what they do best :wink:

tumbleweed.gif

Is everyone ok? Its been rather quiet on this thread recently. Has something happened?..

The-Snowman:

Is everyone ok? Its been rather quiet on this thread recently. Has something happened?..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
predictable end to the predictable beginning.
i never saw 2 mins of any game as id rather watch paint dry than any football match but i got my neighbour to phone me as and when england got trounced out…it took longer than expected but the end result was as expected… :laughing:

The-Snowman:

Well for me I was totally gutted tbh mate, I’ve just kinda got over it. :blush:
I’d even made plans for Sunday,… I was that confident that we would get to the final. :unamused:

There are a few questions about that game.

What was up with Kane, was it just tiredness.

Why did Kane not pass the ball to Sterling in that potential second goal…was he trying to increase his total score record, Stirling had an open goal opportunity which would have closed the game down imo.

Why did Gareth keep Delli Alli on who was obviously holding an injury after getting kicked.

Why did he take Stirling off (who was probably the best player on the field that night imo in terms of pace and taking defenders out of position.

Why was that tackle against Sterling not a penalty, …that is what that video system is for ffs. :smiling_imp:

Why not bring Welbeck on in the last few minutes of extra time.

After saying that they exceeded expectations getting to the semis, and the good thing is compared with the last two times England showed potential, Southgate aint going anywhere unlike Bobby in 90 and Venables in 96, but Christ man what could have been eh?
A golden opportunity missed.

Looking forward now to going back to watching Rafa and The Toon. :sunglasses:
(So I’m getting myself prepared for even more ■■■■ disappointments :unamused: :laughing: )

Just watched the final.
If we had got there by beating Croatia the other night, I reckon we would have had little chance against France the way they played today.

Would have been nice to have got there all the same.
Here’s to Euro 2020 eh? :smiley: