New England Manager

What’s your views on Sam Allardyce?
He has never won anything, he was no good when he came up to us at Newcastle, he’s too fond of long ball football, lobbing the ball up the pitch …that’s my view.
Saw his interview this morning, sounds positive talking the talk, so all we can do is give him a chance.
Looks like Defoe will be playing in the qualifiers I would bet (as he should have gone to the Euros)

To all the usual England knockers :unamused: …we all know they have played crap since Euro 96 so don’t bother with all the usual boring negativity …overpaid prima donnas etc etc :unamused: , we all know it. :bulb: so lets hear from some real football fans.

I’m not an Allardyce fan at all. He was great at West Ham when we wanted to get promotion and stay up, but when the club wanted to push on to the next level he was found wanting, the same happened when he joined Newcastle, they had higher expectations than Bolton and he couldn’t hack it. Unfortunately though if we want an English manager the options are great. Hasn’t been a decent English Manager for 20+ yrs. there is a reason why none are ever employed by the top clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first pick - I like his no nonsense demeanour, and he can set up a defence, no question, and let’s face it, that’s what really lacking in England’s play at the minute.

Also like the fact he has only been given one tournament, and if he does ok, he’ll get another.

You say he hasn’t won anything - true, but he has met targets set by the clubs he at, forget Newcastle (most of us do! Great club, but run like Sports Direct…) so you could say he’s just what we need.

He also can inspire players, look what he did at Sunderland, mugged the Magpies, with a team that honestly I thought was doomed from day one!

I don’t care if we don’t play ■■■■ football. I want to see us winning games at tournaments. I always dread Arsenal playing a team set up by Big Sam, as he knows how to get into the heads of the team full of superstars on the opposition and turn them into Jelly! I think I would quite enjoy seeing the smug wiped off of Pique’s face as Carroll comes in and takes his head off from a Joe Hart launched free kick from just inside his own half!

Should have taken Steve Bruce.

I can’t decide if it’s a good appointment or not,mainly because I don’t think he has the calibre of players to work with to actually go on and win anything…as for Sams record,it’s no worse or indeed better than any of the other candidates mentioned,I even heard Eddie Howe being banded about,seriously what on earth has he achieved aside from getting one team promoted!
I don’t think we will ever perform on the international stage again to the standard that will worry the likes of Germany/France ect ect,we just don’t have the players!

I think a Glenn Hoddle re.call would have been a better proposition.
Ok, he’s been out of the game a while now, but he’s a man who knows his football inside out, and an excellent tactician.
He done nothing wrong at England last time (apart from maybe kicking Gazza out of the 1998 World Cup squad.
It was him getting mixed up with that Eileen whatsherface clairvoyant, and making comments about disabled people and kharma that done for him, nothing to do with football.

robroy:
I think a Glenn Hoddle re.call would have been a better proposition.
Ok, he’s been out of the game a while now, but he’s a man who knows his football inside out, and an excellent tactician.
He done nothing wrong at England last time (apart from maybe kicking Gazza out of the 1998 World Cup squad.
It was him getting mixed up with that Eileen whatsherface clairvoyant, and making comments about disabled people and kharma that done for him, nothing to do with football.

Exactly mate, he was clearly a bit of a loon last time around, and I doubt his views have changed much. The press would eat him alive, none of his coverage would ever be about the football.

First question after losing, “So tell me Glenn, was it because of Gary Cahill’s actions in a past life, that caused him to balloon that penalty over the bar?”

Second question, “Glenn did Eileen Drury not get enough one on one time with Wazza before the game?”

It’s just a non starter. Pity because he talks very well, and he knows his stuff.

I don’t think it matters who is manager tbh, even I could manage the England team.

Tactics? Simple, play the on form players in the position they play at their clubs, have a holding midfielder as Captain and send them out to do their thing.

My team talk “keeper, save the shots that come at you, defenders, stop the opposition from getting close to our goal, midfielders, get the ball before it gets to the defenders and pass it to the strikers, strikers, bombard the opposition’s goal.”

“Right lads, get out there, have some fun, no showboating and fancy footwork, just score more goals than the other side and that’s it, your value will increase dramatically if you’re part of the team that wins the Euros or the World Cup, so get out there and give it your all.”

Anybody not pulling their weight can FRO and get a plane back home, see you in 45mins, now ■■■■ off out on the pitch and play football."

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What choice was there? Sam, Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce. No top 3 or champions league management experience between them. The last home grown England manager to win something was Hoddle winning the second division play off in 93. Anyway, whoever the manager, they have to be a stooge for the FA. Doing exactly as they’re told, picking the players they’re told, towing the party line. The FA is the biggest old mans club going

I’d like to care about who we have as the England manager, but I don’t really think it makes much difference, as we will never win anything anyway. To me we always have a bunch of good players but never a team! I’m not sure if it’s because they don’t get enough time together, whether their parent clubs have too much influence, the press meddle and impose too much pressure, etc. But whatever it is, they always only ever seem to play as individuals. So with that in mind, I think big Sam is as good as anyone, and if we are going to pay someone an absolute mint for a few years to ultimately lose, they may as well be British! :smiley:

I wish him luck! :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:
What choice was there? Sam, Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce. No top 3 or champions league management experience between them. The last home grown England manager to win something was Hoddle winning the second division play off in 93. Anyway, whoever the manager, they have to be a stooge for the FA. Doing exactly as they’re told, picking the players they’re told, towing the party line. The FA is the biggest old mans club going

Not that it makes the situation any better but it was actually Schteve Mclaren winning the 2004 League Cup Final with the Smoggies [emoji57]

Need to bring back Alf Ramsey …

BeakFreak81:

OVLOV JAY:

Not that it makes the situation any better but it was actually Schteve Mclaren winning the 2004 League Cup Final with the Smoggies [emoji57]

Thanks, 5 years of thearopy to forget the wally with the brolly, and you bring him up like that :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

BeakFreak81:

OVLOV JAY:

Thanks, 5 years of thearopy to forget the wally with the brolly, and you bring him up like that [emoji38]

HaHa as a Newcastle fan my pain is all the more recent [emoji20]

If he turns out to be a flop, you’re not going to post another teary eyed, sobbing into a pint, almost slitting my wrists and harking after a bobby charlton or a george best type post are you?

The-Snowman:
If he turns out to be a flop, you’re not going to post another teary eyed, sobbing into a pint, almost slitting my wrists and harking after a bobby charlton or a george best type post are you?

Can’t promise anything mate, :smiley:
And like the other guy still a bit hacked off about Newcastle going down, so I aint a McClaren fan either…incidentally was it not a bit crass of the ■■■■ acting as a pundit on the first Newcastle Championship match last Fri night, seeing as it is down to him that we are in that league this season. :smiling_imp:

robroy:

The-Snowman:

And like the other guy still a bit hacked off about Newcastle going down, so I aint a McClaren fan either…incidentally was it not a bit crass of the [zb] acting as a pundit on the first Newcastle Championship match last Fri night, seeing as it is down to him that we are in that league this season. :smiling_imp:

It was absolutely disgusting.How can a man who failed like Mclaren,be paid to sit and give his ‘expert’ opinion on where he feels Benitez is going wrong in the same job? If it was me in his position i wouldn’t have the brass neck to do that.

robroy:

The-Snowman:

And like the other guy still a bit hacked off about Newcastle going down, so I aint a McClaren fan either…incidentally was it not a bit crass of the [zb] acting as a pundit on the first Newcastle Championship match last Fri night, seeing as it is down to him that we are in that league this season. :smiling_imp:

Is there a smirk emoji? :smiley: