Employer has run my CPC down to the last few weeks

If the firm has said they would sort it for you they should stand by their word and sort it.
Keep reminding the clowns it’s going to run out then the day it expires tell the ■■■■ you won’t
be able to drive anything tomorrow/next week and see what the reaction is.
Meantime, sort out a dcpc provider yourself for some hours the following week-)

Nate187:
Just checked my card and its a week shorter than what I thought [ASTONISHED FACE]

guess your looking for another non driving job then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F-reds:
Lets get one thing straight. If it runs out its your fault and not your employers. You’ll be the one losing money not your employers.

Sort it out like a [zb] adult instead whingeing like a child. If your boss was halfway decent if you booked it off your own he’d reimburse you I he ACTUALLY meant to put you through your cpc anyway.

Clues in the name by the way “Driver CPC”

Blunt, but truth nonetheless. I wonder if he expects the boss to wipe his arse for him?

Olog Hai:

F-reds:
Lets get one thing straight. If it runs out its your fault and not your employers. You’ll be the one losing money not your employers.

Sort it out like a [zb] adult instead whingeing like a child. If your boss was halfway decent if you booked it off your own he’d reimburse you I he ACTUALLY meant to put you through your cpc anyway.

Clues in the name by the way “Driver CPC”

Blunt, but truth nonetheless. I wonder if he expects the boss to wipe his arse for him?

F-reds has had management training now! :laughing:

I wouldn’t have let it get that low on time myself mate. Would be great if the company paid for it but even if they did and fannied about leaving it late I’d have said to the office can I arrange it off my own back (cost subject to their approval) and put it in as expenses.

Ive found a good training provider that has courses the week of the 15th may so will book on for then. I’m on my jollies 22nd may for a week so I’ll just have to be off the week before too.
I’m tempted to leave it to the Friday before and they’ll say, ‘so you work Monday is…’ , ‘errr I dont think so…’

Nate187:
Ive found a good training provider that has courses the week of the 15th may so will book on for then. I’m on my jollies 22nd may for a week so I’ll just have to be off the week before too.
I’m tempted to leave it to the Friday before and they’ll say, ‘so you work Monday is…’ , ‘errr I dont think so…’

You do realise, you have to be reasonable to the employer, ie declare it’s expiring … otherwise they do not have to pay you and make you take unpaid leave. Personally I would make you take unpaid leave … why on earth would you even let it run down like this .? Your own fault … grow a pair and pay for your own course and claim it off the tax man.

Have you not read my posts? My previous employer was going to sort my CPC training until they made me redundant and my current employer has been telling me since October they’re putting me through my ADR, ive told him numerous occations how long i have left and Ive been told ‘it was booked but they didn’t have enough on the course so they had to cancel’. ‘it’ll definitely get done, dont worry’ etc etc

Nate187:
Have you not read my posts? My previous employer was going to sort my CPC training until they made me redundant and my current employer has been telling me since October they’re putting me through my ADR, ive told him numerous occations how long i have left and Ive been told ‘it was booked but they didn’t have enough on the course so they had to cancel’. ‘it’ll definitely get done, dont worry’ etc etc

There’a more than a few here who don’t bother to read a post properly mate before popping up with their half arsed opinions.

Nate187:

I read it clearly, I suppose my point is why would you trust the employer, sorry to hear of your redundancy. But if you are being run around with the above … we’ll pay for it yourself … don’t always believe some employers, your just a driver. They don’t care they can get another or agency.

Always look after number 1

Yeah I suppose I shouldn’t have trusted them, lesson learnt.
Good news is I’ve booked onto a course the week my CPC expires, yep I know im very lucky! I wonder what my employers reaction will be and if they’ll pay for the time off.

My firm paid for the 1 day course and also 8hrs time and a half.

Hope this helps

If it was me I would’ve looked at my contract. If it states in there that the company will provide CPC training, then that’s exactly what they have to do, as it’s a legally binding agreement. If they fail to do it then surely they’re in breach of contract?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Theres nothing about the cpc training in the contract Beef.
Has anyone successfully reclaimed the course fee from the taxman?

Some companies will pay for the course, or have in-house training. These tend to be either the H&S obsessed, or the better smaller companies. All other companies won’t spend the money, because they are tight fisted, and because it’s the driver’s responsibility. The only reason so many firms paid for it in 2014, was because that was when all the ‘grandfather’ licence holders were about to expire en-masse. Since then, the new entrants are staggering the expiry dates across the year.

Best get your own sorted.

I went over the TMs head to another manager in the company to tell him the situation. I didn’t even have to ask if they’ll pay for the course. He said I’ll get the money back off them and I’ll be paid while im doing it so that’s very decent of them. I wish I went to this guy sooner.

Interesting times ahead maybe… :wink:
Regards. John.