CPC

Should we be paid to do CPC training by our employer.

I know some firms pay for it but I don’t know of any firms that pay you to do the training. I didn’t bother going to mine today.
Didn’t like the idea of effectively going in to work(training) for free.
Anyone else feel like this?

It’s not a big deal for me anyway as I got like 4 years left til my cpc runs out and I’m probably gonna do an ADR course to count towards my hours just want to know what you guys think of it.
My thoughts is if you want me to come in on the weekend you have to pay me as I’d sooner just take a day off work and pay for it myself as its only about £50.
I know employers will never do this but maybe schedule on a day we are actually at work and do CPC training instead of our regular runs.

Yep selco builders merchants pay for the course and pay their drivers overtime rate at £18 an hour to attend the course on a Saturday

Proper companies pay for the course and the driver’s attend the course instead of going on the road that day, and yes for their full days pay, or as above pay the drivers overtime for attending on an extra day.

Juddian:
Proper companies pay for the course and the driver’s attend the course instead of going on the road that day, and yes for their full days pay, or as above pay the drivers overtime for attending on an extra day.

Yeah right.

We get our course paid for, but have to attend on weekends off, because their being generous. Unpaid.

CPC training is on the job training, any on job training comes under scope of working time and should be recorded on you tacho as other work so being paid for it is also essential.

Unless you pay for it yourself but the time spent should still be recorded on your tacho as a manual entry.

We get our course paid for and paid for a full day plus the use of a company car to travel in groups on the courses.

Usually in the week but being on nights gets you the night before off paid and then attend the course go home and come in he following night. Otherwise if on a Saturday it would be paid at time and a half.

All well and good but isn’t it the drivers responsibility to get their own cpc and the company doesn’t have to pay anything. A bit like licence renewals, medicals and digi card?

adam277:
My thoughts is if you want me to come in on the weekend you have to pay me as I’d sooner just take a day off work and pay for it myself as its only about £50.
I know employers will never do this but maybe schedule on a day we are actually at work and do CPC training instead of our regular runs.

No you don’t know :wink: .We pay for the course, it’s done between Mon - Fri on full pay. 28 hours doing the ADR is always away from base, so pay hotel and expenses.

Just as drivers come in all shapes, sizes and variables, so do employers :smiley:

Dri, lots of careers require the employee to keep their certificates up to date and yes it’s your ‘right’ to work in whichever industry, so yes, it is technically down to you. If your employer pays for it, then it’s a bonus.

Our lot pay for the course, an pay you whilst you attend, whether that be a regular day or overtime.
They also cover digi card/licence renewal costs and approx £100 towards a medical if required.
Plus £50 for birthday n £50 for xmas, better than nowt n better than most.
Not all employers are bad.

albion:
Dri, lots of careers require the employee to keep their certificates up to date and yes it’s your ‘right’ to work in whichever industry, so yes, it is technically down to you. If your employer pays for it, then it’s a bonus.

I’d just like to go back to work :cry:

Our employer pays for the course and schedules it for a normal workng day. As we’re salaried we’re effectively being paid. Any who live away from base get that taken into account too.
Works for me.
Normally scheduled for particularly quiet day we get in our work. If thete was no DCPC we’d be on a paid day off, so we can still think of that when searching for things to moan about.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Juddian"]Proper companies pay for the course and the driver’s attend the course instead of going on the road that day, and yes for their full days pay, or as above pay the drivers overtime for attending on an extra day.

X-1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just did 7 hours recently. Day off the road on full pay. Considering the quality of the course content I’d be very reluctant to pay for that out of my own pocket.

I get CPC paid for also a day off the road and full pay

dri-diddly-iver:

albion:

Why can’t you mate? :neutral_face:

May be fined for not turning up as I was booked in. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

dri-diddly-iver:

albion:

Why can’t you mate? :neutral_face:

Dri is not a well bunny :cry:

That’s not good to hear. Hope whatever your ailment is Dri, that the situation can be improved/sorted.

Juddian:

Also crap tight arsed companies don’t pay for the course, and their drivers have to attend it in their own time on a Saturday, and also have to pay for all their refreshments…such as mine. :smiling_imp:

I don’t think I’ll bother with it. Nobody’s ever asked to see the one I’ve got. It’s just cluttering up me carrier bag with other stuff I never need.

My last employer ran CPC courses on weekdays and paid for the time. They also paid for medicals and ADR courses for those that did haz, but not for digi cards or licences.