Elderly drivers

malcolmgbell:

Odd days:
It was said on sky news this morning that Norfolk council is this morning looking at reducing the speed limits on that road.

should be age limit

Odd days:
It was said on sky news this morning that Norfolk council is this morning looking at reducing the speed limits on that road.

Seems they have done it… No such thing as a dangerous road, just dangerous drivers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alba1876:
AGEING, UNEMPLOYED IMMIGRANT CAUSES HIGHWAY CARNAGE.

Emergency services were scrambled to a road traffic accident near Sandringham today when a 97 year old Greek immigrant pulled out into oncoming traffic.

The Greek father of four who has been living on state benefits since his arrival in the UK in 1947 and is housed in a Grade2 Jacobean style mansion in the area worth millions of pounds was unavailable for comment.

Neighbours said “You often see the family in the area, none of them seem to work but they always have money”.

Another local resident reported often hearing firearms being discharged in the garden of the 97 year olds home.

post of the year so far… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HRH the Duke of Edinburgh is one of my heroes. He speaks his mind, he doesn’t suffer fools gladly, he calls a spade a spade and he couldn’t care less who he upsets nor what anyone thinks of him. Bravo, a man’s man, not some PC whimp.

Good on yer Phil. Respect.

historyanswers.co.uk/kings- … oken-home/

cav551:
HRH the Duke of Edinburgh is one of my heroes. He speaks his mind, he doesn’t suffer fools gladly, he calls a spade a spade and he couldn’t care less who he upsets nor what anyone thinks of him. Bravo, a man’s man, not some PC whimp.

Spot on there Cav, couldn’t agree more.

Pete.

on the lunchtime news saw a close up of the sweepings at the crash scene, bits of mirror casing and debris/ glass bits. if i was nearer i go grab that pile and sell bits of “dukes crash” on ebay.

He’s a Duke of hazards it seems as well.

I really will get my coat this time.

corij:
on the lunchtime news saw a close up of the sweepings at the crash scene, bits of mirror casing and debris/ glass bits. if i was nearer i go grab that pile and sell bits of “dukes crash” on ebay.

You could sell them for a princley sum!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They reported the crash on our news but one thing you lot are not saying is that a cyclist, yes CYCLIST pulled Prince Philip from the wreckage !! Thank god for cyclists :sunglasses:

windrush:

cav551:

Spot on there Cav, couldn’t agree more.

Pete.

Amen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cav551:

Well said that man, as usual some showing their ignorance of the Royal Family.
When a lorry driver is involved in an accident and anyone dares to put the blame on them without knowing all the facts, there is an uproar and loads of abuse.
But the Duke is fully guilty because he is 97. :unamused:

ezydriver:
It seems the pull-out method doesn’t work.

Maybe he should’ve practiced it over the last 70 years

Wouldn’t envy the job of telling him it’s time to give the driving a rest.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

peirre:

ezydriver:
It seems the pull-out method doesn’t work.

Maybe he should’ve practiced it over the last 70 years

especially the first,third , and fourth time. :wink:

Drive it like yer stole it.

the maoster:

Suedehead:
DVLA should revoke his licence . . . oh hang on

I imagine that if he reapplied for it licking the back of his wife’s head before putting it on an envelope would be a novel experience!

Do licky stamps still even exist?

jakethesnake:

cav551:

When a lorry driver is involved in an accident and anyone dares to put the blame on them without knowing all the facts, there is an uproar and loads of abuse.

Quite frankly he’s is 97 years old, old people tend to have no spacial awareness, drive far too slowly and are dangerous because of those facts. It’s a fact if life that comes to all of us no matter whether you are a member of thr royal family or an average Joe.

He’s probably also never passed a driving test either due to his age.

I’d hope that when the times comes I would hang up my keys no matter how hard it might be, I’d rather not be a hindrance or danger to others because my abilities are not good enough.

It really is time drivers have to have regular driving tests at set periods but there would be complaints about the extra cost incurred.

Driving is a privilege not a right.

While its true Elderly drivers have issues with their driving due to advancing years, it doesn’t mean all of them are incapable of driving.
Young drivers also have issues with their driving due to their inexperience and exuberance of youth, but it doesn’t mean all of them are useless.
Drivers who drive only a few miles a year have issues, might be inexperienced, lack of confidence, especially in unfamiliar situations, but they’ll not all a liability.
Drivers who drive loads of miles have issues due to complacence or over confidence, don’t mean they’ll all dangerous.
We need to take people on their individual merit and skill, not lump people into convenient groups to try and persecute, but maybe for that reason we should see all drivers take regular refreshers on at least the basics of road use and driving.

And as for the wall to wall press coverage, seriously guys get a grip, was waiting for the BBC to get into full grovelling mode and the news readers to start bowing and curtsying.

simcor:

jakethesnake:

cav551:

Quite frankly he’s is 97 years old, old people tend to have no spacial awareness, drive far too slowly and are dangerous because of those facts. It’s a fact if life that comes to all of us no matter whether you are a member of thr royal family or an average Joe.

He’s probably also never passed a driving test either due to his age.

I’d hope that when the times comes I would hang up my keys no matter how hard it might be, I’d rather not be a hindrance or danger to others because my abilities are not good enough.

It really is time drivers have to have regular driving tests at set periods but there would be complaints about the extra cost incurred.

Driving is a privilege not a right.

muckles has taken the words out of my mouth. My Father was still driving in his early eighties and drove far more competently than most half his age.
There are plenty drivers that are NOT old that have no spatial awareness either. Also passing a test does not mean you are a good competent driver as I am sure you know looking at all the clowns we have on our roads these days. Young, middle aged and elderly have all there share of them and I think you will find the biggest accident rate does not apply to the latter.
I do however ALL drivers should be assessed every so often as there is far too much complacency (bad driving habits) amongst many drivers.

simcor:
He’s a Duke of hazards it seems as well.

I really will get my coat this time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Not going to criticise his driving abilities as I’ve never seen him drive. I would assume he had a protection officer in the car with him and probably a car travelling behind so if his driving wasn’t up to scratch I would have thought someone would have had a discreet word with 'er indoors.

And he’s got a new one already :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Wish I knew who he was insured with.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … crash.html