itv

ITV 100 year old driver rides again !!!

Not being ageist, but when I see an immaculate 15 year old micra being driven like its gold dust, I back right off…

Grey hair beware…

:laughing:

Saw the preview clip of it , blind as a bat nearly pulls out infront of a artic at a giveway blue rinsing window lickers that are not safe on the roads

One of our night trunkers on agency is 76.

ckm1981:
One of our night trunkers on agency is 76.

Good on him! But at some point there should be a test to ensure “Alder/Older” driver can still cut the mustard. :wink:

I bet they signal on roundabouts unlike the idiots nowadays that find it too much effort.

In 2006 I had a 103 year old driver hit the offside of my Transit van,did 3k worth of damage to my van, and cut his Peugeot 205 in half, amazingly he wasn’t hurt. He kept driving up until he was 106,as he had about 3 cars. The local copper who attended the prang he had with me said ‘’ I can see that speed wasn’t the cause ‘’. :laughing:

Guess the prog’s is going out nationally, as sometimes they differ region by region.

Anyways.

Cringe / wince TV anyone, as the ad showing the muppet pulling out on the artic!!■■ :open_mouth:

I bet someone will still say ‘it was the trucks fault!!’ though… :unamused:

Goldfinger:
Guess the prog’s is going out nationally, as sometimes they differ region by region.

Anyways.

Cringe / wince TV anyone, as the ad showing the muppet pulling out on the artic!!■■ :open_mouth:

Why cringe? They are an inspiration. Admittedly they are dangerous, but I still take my hat off to them.

‘It was the trucks fault!!!’ :smiley:

Eddi:
‘It was the trucks fault!!!’ :smiley:

Agreed! The truck shouldn’t have been doing that speed, on that road, at that time of day!! In fact he shouldn’t even be driving, strip his licence off him!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

loved the Mk 1 Ford Consul the old chap was driving :sunglasses: he’s had it 60 years!

Tris:

Goldfinger:

Anyways.

Why cringe? They are an inspiration. Admittedly they are dangerous, but I still take my hat off to them.

exactly this!!
I saw a similar programme a while back and they asked the old boy that was 100 yrs old,
" do you think you should give up driving at your age?"
his answer was “i’m a lot better at driving than I am at walking!!”
fair play to him.
my father is 77 last month,he drives a supercharged jaguar xjr on a daily basis(admittedly mostly running to the shops etc) and he rides a bloody 1958 Triumph Thunderbird motorbike(very cool this is-I like it so much it hurts lol).
my point is that he is fine to ride and drive these,but to force him to take a test,he may well fail( how many of us could take a driving test and pass it I wonder?), and that would rob him of so much of his independence.he would be gutted .