retired

it was a sad day on friday… :frowning: one of the old drivers retired,and he deserves a well earned rest now he done 33 years, and boy did we give him a good send off, thats why i just wrote this now ,i,m still feeling worse for wear but it was worth every pint :laughing: :laughing: the company put him in a holiay inn hotel for the night along with his wife plus £300 bhs voucher,and another£200 whip round from all the other drivers and staff, he was choked up must admit i was to see him go, but he,s done his time and as he said i,ve got to get used to living with my old lady again :laughing:

good on you and your company and fellow drivers innit.it’s good to hear that there are still company’s out there that respect some driver that has put his life into this trade.we done it for one of our lads a few month back there,he had only been with us for 4 years but had 40+ years experiance behind him and i enjoyed listening to his stories of years gone by.i always went to him if i needed advise on anything.a whealth of knowledge something that we will sadly miss.good luck to your friend and i hope you and your fellow drivers keep in touch with him,and please introduce him to this site as his experiance will be 2nd to none. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ps i hope your head is sore :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one innit, I wish your colleague all the best and sounds like the company and his workmates did him proud.

I spose it comes to us all one day, nice to have a doo like that though and I hope he can adapt to staying still a lot! Still, he could always get some driving in the way things are right now, I reckon a 85 yr old could LOL