Stopped by old bill

friend of mine got pulled this morning by old bill in a silver lexus said he was doing him for dangerous driving because as he went around a very sharp bend his near side trailer wheels lifted off the tarmac my mate now thinks he may lose his licence it was 6am no other traffic and is on police video any advice please

He was lucky he never tiped!!

My advice is tell him to be more careful next time and take his punishment like a man!

bugger you beat me to it!!! swine!!!

not alot of advise we can give to you or your friend,but tell him we’ll look out for it on police camera action. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad to see the idiots got here first with their advice to a fellow driver,the object in the road that made you sewerve(sorry cant spell)was it a dog or something that would of made the truck uncontrolable so that you had to go on the "curb"get the pics off the cops if you want to contest it and if does not show what was/is in front of your rig tell them to ******* :smiley: :smiley: ,froggy

Take the same truck round the same bend at the same weight at a sensible speed — if the wheels lift, then that’s worth videoing as a defence. If they don’t, then I’m an idiot too, I’m afraid!

yes spaceman i’m another idiot,i suppose if i see a very oh i repeat very sharp bend i would bring the vehicle down to a reasonable speed to get round it safe without any wheels coming off the tarmac.irrespective of what time it was in the day and how many cars where or where not on the road.so what is being said here is if there ain’t any vehicles on the road and it’s 6 am in the morning you can drive as hard and as fast as you want.i don’t think so.and by the way if there had been someone on the road and hit the bend at the same time as this truck did,it might not be dangerous driving he would be getting done with.

the object in the road that made you sewerve :question:

have a read at the post froggy…can’t read anything that mentioned an object in the road can you :question:

dox:
friend of mine got pulled this morning by old bill in a silver lexus said he was doing him for dangerous driving because as he went around a very sharp bend his near side trailer wheels lifted off the tarmac my mate now thinks he may lose his licence it was 6am no other traffic and is on police video any advice please

idiots are we !! i would have thought the only idiots are his mate for doing it and his mate for asking for advice,i would have thought he would have told him yes you probily will lose your licence for driving without due care and attention !!

froggy:
Glad to see the idiots got here first with their advice to a fellow driver,the object in the road that made you sewerve(sorry cant spell)was it a dog or something that would of made the truck uncontrolable so that you had to go on the "curb"get the pics off the cops if you want to contest it and if does not show what was/is in front of your rig tell them to ******* :smiley: :smiley: ,froggy

Nice one Froggy! :wink:

It’s no big deal if a few of your wheels briefly leave the tarmac, it’s when all yer wheels leave. thats when you need to worry :laughing:

How come no-one batted an eyelid when Leyland showed off their Roadrunner going along at a 45 degree angle with only 3 of it’s 6 wheels actually in touch with the road :unamused:

Cliff Warby:

froggy:

Nice one Froggy! :wink:

It’s no big deal if a few of your wheels briefly leave the tarmac, it’s when all yer wheels leave. thats when you need to worry :laughing:

How come no-one batted an eyelid when Leyland showed off their Roadrunner going along at a 45 degree angle with only 3 of it’s 6 wheels actually in touch with the road :unamused:

how come nobody told leyland to load the dam trailer first b4 they went on 3 wheels at a 45 degree angle and then lets see if he stayed upright. :question:

kitkat:
how come nobody told leyland to load the dam trailer first b4 they went on 3 wheels at a 45 degree angle and then lets see if he stayed upright. :question:

Good shout!!
another view of this is the guy is looking for excuses fair enough! so to a point I agree with “they was a brick in the road me-lord”
It may work best of luck to him but dont do it again!

Although I still remain an idiot, an excuse of swerving to avoid anything that wouldn’t cause injury to a person is a bit lame. Big truck against dog/deer/squirrel etc — unless you’ve got loads of time/space to take avoiding action without tipping over, then I’m afraid Fido, Bambi or Tree Rat gets hit and any damage to your truck can be repaired.

Unless your mate has a really good, valid, argument, then he should take it on the chin and not waste taxpayer’s funds by dreaming up some half-baked excuse that just won’t cut mustard.

as said b4 nothing in the 1st post about anything on the road to avoid,simple case of bad and dangerous driving,your mate done the driving and was caught,tell him if he does not want to get done by the police again ( if he gets to keep his licence ) to drive as a professional driver should drive.that way he might be able to control the truck. :wink:

I’m surprised to see so many “do him” replies here :astonished: . Perhaps it was simply a case of misjudgement for the bend and rather than brake whilst cornering which could have caused him to jack-knife out of control, he [zb] his pants and tried to steer it round as best he could :question: .

Maybe the do-good brigade have never mis-judged the tightness of a bend :frowning: . I know it’s happened to me on occasions and I’ve had a number of hair-raising moments wondering whether to go for the brakes or to just let it glide round, holding onto the wheel for dear life and hoping that it doesn’t go over :exclamation: :open_mouth: . I think it’s harsh that the plod are pushing for dangerous driving when no-one else was in the picture, in fact dwdcaa would be severe in my opinion too.

On the other hand, if he was intentionally driving along the road like he thought he was in a race then carry on and “do him”.

Just another angle.

Blimey! so the trailer aint supposed to go round on 2 wheels then? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

we are not looking for excuses just don’t know any one who’s been done for dangerous driving and wanted to know if he will lose licence by the way driver in question was doing 17 mph and has driven trucks for over twenty years wheels left tamac for 1.4 secs about 1 inch from ground trailer is 25 years old and riding on steel springs although he is not trying to use this as an excuse thanks to all for advise and support hope you never need the same kind of help in future

im surprised at the amount of do em responses on here too.
a few years back i used to pull 33 foot tandem reefers on steel and air and the things would lift the wheels up at the mere sniff of a bend. some trailers are prone to doing it.

Seriuosly Dox, try for due care and attention, (as opposed to DD) with mitigating circumstances, your mate might just pull that one off.

if dox had stated what kind of trailer his mate was pulling then he might not have got some of the negative replies. :wink:

kitkat:
if dox had stated what kind of trailer his mate was pulling then he might not have got some of the negative replies. :wink:

KitKat, he should’nt have got them anyway, too many people on this site are just too ■■■■ quick to condemn and villify without knowing the facts, Stempi’s post springs to mind along with various other posts related to driving infractions…too many do-gooders and too many people that live in glass houses! :angry: