Car flips on bridge

Found this story from Poole. Wonder if she was another one of the minority of elderly but noticeable drivers who end up pranging their car due to eyesight/ability problems??

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … addComment

For young drivers’ many faults, those elderly but possibly incompetent drivers are pretty much ignored by the authorities until something like this happens.

TNUK SAGA CSI, over to you

:open_mouth:
Lucky she was in a newish Clio, if its like my Mrs’s Clio it has more airbags than most cars…plus one :wink:

That car looks brand new looking at the tyres and the underside components.
I must say I like the look of the new model Clio myself.

There may be one coming up for sale in the Dorset area soon for a bargain price, has sustained heavy damage to the roof though.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hire car?

Agency driver :laughing: :laughing:

Or stobarts ,they have a thing for bridges :laughing: :laughing:

I clicked the link ,Mel B looked more interesting !

bazza123:
Found this story from Poole. Wonder if she was another one of the minority of elderly but noticeable drivers who end up pranging their car due to eyesight/ability problems??

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … addComment

For young drivers’ many faults, those elderly but possibly incompetent drivers are pretty much ignored by the authorities until something like this happens.

TNUK SAGA CSI, over to you

bazza maybe you should have a look at this to remind you about the worst drivers…Actually the elderly are one of the safest groups on the roads…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103010&view=viewpoll

Of course Saga-louts have few crashes; How the ■■■■ can you cause a massive crash complete with fireball when you’re only doing 35 in a 60 limit?
It annoys the hell out of me when people use the excuse “their reactions are slower.”
Sorry if your reactions are slow, send back your licence and go on a coach trip to Weymouth.

Nothing against older people in general, just that group who are not capable of actually driving and not knowing it.

Muckaway:
…It annoys the hell out of me when people use the excuse “their reactions are slower.”
Sorry if your reactions are slow, send back your licence and go on a coach trip to Weymouth.

+1 I know a lot of them say “my car gives me my independence” but come on! They get free bus passes that entitle them to free travel anywhere in the country without the cost of tax/ins/petrol etc. There’s also the linein the story “she just carried on oblivious to the flashing red lights”. Some elderly drivers are competent yes, but there’s a bloody sight more who aren’t

Some elderly drivers are competent yes, but there’s a bloody sight more who aren’t

You could say exactly the same about other groups of drivers as well.
The elderly do not cause nearly as many fatal accidents as other groups.
Some drivers need more patience.

She’s passed her audition for Travis Pastramas’ Nitro Circus!

albion1971:
Some elderly drivers are competent yes, but there’s a bloody sight more who aren’t

I wonder how many non fatal or fender bender type accidents are caused by elderly drivers though??

bazza123:

albion1971:

I wonder how many non fatal or fender bender type accidents are caused by elderly drivers though??

There’s a reason why insurance is dearer for young drivers and cheaper for older drivers :wink:

Or do you think most accidents are caused by old people who then run off and leave the young to take the blame :laughing:

Maybe she was carrying a high value load.

tachograph:

bazza123:

albion1971:

There’s a reason why insurance is dearer for young drivers and cheaper for older drivers :wink:

Or do you think most accidents are caused by old people who then run off and leave the young to take the blame :laughing:

The thing is though that once past a certain age, insurance actually starts to rise again! That says something I think.

I think the “boy racers” deep down know they’re not experienced/much good, but will take risks sometimes, whereas some older people don’t actually realise they’re a danger. Not good in either case.

Some of the old drivers are cautious and there are quite a few (around here anyway) that never could drive. I’ve seen plenty of young and middle age people of both sexes that couldn’t drive that greasy stick you know where, but they carry on regardless. You see accidents being reported as in: A young or old driver was involved in / caused an accident, but how many times do they make a meal out of telling you how it was someone in their 40’s or 50’s etc :angry: I’m 66 and can drive a bloody site better than a lot of people that nowadays have the bloody cheek to call themselves professionals.

I know I’m having a rant, but I do get pee’d off when a big thing is made of older driver being involved in a smash, but if he / she is middle aged, not much about it.

Christ that feels better.

bigdave789:
There may be one coming up for sale in the Dorset area soon for a bargain price, has sustained heavy damage to the roof though.

And no doors.