Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers finale 8pm

Rob K:

Bewick:

merc0447:
White van men channel 5 hits new low :smiling_imp:

I would suggest it will probably be an improvement and more interesting!! Bewick.

The final word was whenever you see one of their green lorries, you should give them a friendly wave. I hope you will be obliging, Bewick. :grimacing:

Of course i’ll give them a friendly wave… Nescafe style… :laughing: :laughing:

bigvern1:
What a bunch of knob-jockeys. Not one of them has a woman, or ever has/ will! :unamused:

Not even Fiona? (With her creamy mess in the back!)

:smiley: :smiley: I saw my mate little legs ( The Judge ) on TV. What a shocker lol

Bewick:

merc0447:
White van men channel 5 hits new low :smiling_imp:

I would suggest it will probably be an improvement and more interesting!! Bewick.

I was under the misimpression that you hadn’t actually been watching the program. How, therefore, are you able to form the opinion that watching white van man, will be lmore interesting? Even allowing for all the negative comments made over the last five weeks, I’m sure that there’s an equal number of people who’ve enjoyed the program which was simply, entertainment for entertainments sake. Yes, the producers have made countless mistakes, and the voiceover chap is a complete knob. But for whatever reason, housewives, and kids seem to love the program. It wasn’t my cup of tea, but that’s just my opinion. At least I watched it, which entitles me to form one. I honestly don’t see how anyone can slam the shambles, while not having watched it (allegedly)

just got in from work, just seen it on youtube and found it to be the better one of the series!
apart from the placing Brackley wrong on the map, anyone else?

I see our little ethnic friend on the F1 truck, had only been with the company 9 months. How many of those months, did he have spend with his tongue down the bosses pants? Microwave meal eating dickwad. Am I jealous…? You bet yo’ ■■■ I am! :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
Special training to drive a MAN artic? WTF! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

well as mark said ‘it’s not easy driving this thing’ after all he is a vovlo driver , but i was half hoping we have another half hour while he sat there trying to work out how to tilt the steering wheel :frowning:

Quinny:
Hardly an undercover judge with a clipboard in his hand and a hi viz on, and the fact he’s climbing all over them.

Ken.

ah but to quote mark again, judges are like normal people but in disguise :open_mouth:

ahh well gone is another quality show, friday night will never be the same again untill next year of course when series 2 is commissioned :laughing: :laughing: :neutral_face:
for what it was it was entertaining & no matter how much we’ve cringed & ripped it to peices it’s certainly produced some lively discussion here .

remember when you next see the men driving those green & red trucks give them a wave :smiley:

oh yeah & i got to admit i was chuffed as nuts to see mark in pheobie grace on the M5 & had to smile when i saw Mo in carlee cerys on the M4 although seeing as i had my 11 year old , we did a fair bit of eddie spotting :blush: :unamused:

bigvern1:
Michael Barrymore was married…Still a woofter!

‘Looks like a quare, sounds like a quare…’

youtube.com/watch?v=FjFih_onio4

expressandstar.com/lifestyle … -the-road/

gogzy:
http://www.expressandstar.com/lifestyle/motors/2010/09/23/why-eddie-stobart-lorries-are-kings-of-the-road/

Why are you posting old articles again from 23 September? :confused:

cause its funny

OK :confused:

Quinny:
And what about those that have been disciplined since this was filmed, for having gas canisters in the cab, and using them for cooking on the tank.

And for the one that has allegedly lost his licence for drink driving.

Allegedly of course.

Ah forgot. we won’t hear about those things though, will we?

Ken.

I was talking to a Stobbart’s driver the other week who told me that the old guy in the 1st show (Ive been here for 30 years guy,who was fussy with the washer guys) was currently suspended for having a low loader with 2 MAN cabs on… and battered them under (or not under) a bridge

Well, I would very possibly injure someone to get on that F1 job,but only if they were very small and in a deep sleep at the time :laughing: Where I would score though is that I could actually get the thing on the bloody train without kerbing it.£6m. worth of cars(Is that really what they’re worth without engines :open_mouth: ) or was that just another bit of poetic licence ?

Talking to friends outside the industry that watched the series,they now have a better understanding of the problems drivers and companies face on a daily basis,the logisitics that go into their weekly shopping etc etc.This can only be good for the industry in the general public’s eyes.
From inside the industry,it was obvious the series was made for entertainment,with the commentary,the music, the clips of Mark in his Volvo,then showing a Scania driving down the road,but the police shows do the same,show a volvo interior then show a bmw driving.I think the series in general was quite entertaining if you didnt take it too seriously.And if the public think more positively about truck drivers then that can only be a good thing??

Sir +:
Well, I would very possibly injure someone to get on that F1 job,but only if they were very small and in a deep sleep at the time :laughing: Where I would score though is that I could actually get the thing on the bloody train without kerbing it.£6m. worth of cars(Is that really what they’re worth without engines :open_mouth: ) or was that just another bit of poetic licence ?

I don’t understand all the drama with the train, from the camera that was positioned on the carriage pointing backwards, it seemed like there was nothing on the other side of the train where the opening was, so why not drive right across then swing the cab back in and draw straight, then the trailer wheels will already be on the train and all you have to do then is drive forward. Am I missing something here as I’ve never been on the train, but it doesn’t look any more complicated than that to me. What say you guys who use the chuffer? :confused: :confused:

Rob K:
I don’t understand all the drama with the train, from the camera that was positioned on the carriage pointing backwards, it seemed like there was nothing on the other side of the train where the opening was, so why not drive right across then swing the cab back in and draw straight, then the trailer wheels will already be on the train and all you have to do then is drive forward. Am I missing something here as I’ve never been on the train, but it doesn’t look any more complicated than that to me. What say you guys who use the chuffer? :confused: :confused:

Absolutely correct Rob K - it does look a bit daunting the first time,and there never is anything on the other side,so you just get on (with) it. It really isn’t that tight well,it’s about as tight as that bridge,but on BOTH sides.Mind you, I saw a Spaniard go on there at a good lick once.He caught his diesel tank on the corner of the kerb as he went in and lost all his fuel-they actually loaded us and then ‘de-trained’(their term) everyone.

bigvern1:
I see our little ethnic friend on the F1 truck, had only been with the company 9 months. How many of those months, did he have spend with his tongue down the bosses pants? Microwave meal eating dickwad. Am I jealous…? You bet yo’ ■■■ I am! :stuck_out_tongue:

He was a black fella, so what? why the need to make the point of colour of skin? Why not just refer to him as Hollywood like everyone else does.

Well after how many episode’s of ‘Eddies Trucks & Trailers’ I can only say that working for ‘Eddie’ seems a very cushy number :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: Not like real general haulage :unamused: :unamused: If you get what I mean :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Easy runs, new trucks, new trailers and no pressure to run bent :open_mouth:

I’m sure this programme will have helped address the ‘driver shortage’ problem coz everyone will want to work for ‘Eddie’ and if they started running 7.5 tonners I’d be there like a shot :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Have to say all in all i enjoyed it, save for the continuity errors,but thats TV for you, blame the vt editor.The footage of the merchandising tent at haydock was a master stroke of brand marketing and subliminal advertising for young children, with christmas just around the corner :wink: ,very slickly produced for joe public in general and as i read the other day, one of channel fives highest viewed programmes,only beaten by the CSI series apparently.

No matter what folk think about the firm ,i have worked for far far worse than them in the past.