Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers (Episode 3)

Channel 5, 20.00 tonight

The drivers deliver spare car parts to the World Rally Championship in Finland, but problems ensue when the brakes fail on one of the vehicles. In the UK, the chilled team takes perishable food orders to the supermarkets, dealing with a leaking fridge along the way, and an employee is shocked when his 40-ton dumper truck is suspended in the air

This was the description given for episode 1, and I must admit I was puzzled that I appeared to miss all that stuff when I watched it…some office bod somewhere obviously messed up. :blush:

ive a bad feeling about this episode :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: ,

Do share! :smiley:

Cant wait… I have baby oil, KY Jelly, a rubber ring, ■■■■■■■■■ drug and a rate of stella at the ready… Oh man I love fridays… Dunno what I will do when this finishes…

Do you think itll be out on DVD? I need to masterbate at something…

I cant wait to see what [zb] they come out with this week

Its a TV show guys.

Hardly going to be accurate is it? - Its clearly scripted for the audience, 99% of which probably have never been near an HGV.

As an example, tanker delivers to Carlisle - erm, Stoke actually!

I’m a Stobart driver - ex-Irlams, they came to me, not the other way around!

That said, I can’t see how a TV show that highlights our job (albeit in a bull ■■■ manner) can be a bad thing for us?

Sure, I doubt we’ll see planners pushing drivers to do max hours etc…

That said, I will probably watch (& laugh again) tonight.

Or would people here prefer that our trade is kept off the TV so Joe public remains clueless to what our trade can involve?

TruckingHell:
Its a TV show guys.

Hardly going to be accurate is it? - Its clearly scripted for the audience, 99% of which probably have never been near an HGV.

That said, I can’t see how a TV show that highlights our job (albeit in a bull ■■■ manner) can be a bad thing for us?

Or would people here prefer that our trade is kept off the TV so Joe public remains clueless to what our trade can involve?

What we need is a true depiction of what happens in transport, not the BS that has recently been on TV. We don’t need aberdeen angus portraying as a load of cowboys and we definatley don’t need this pish about steady eddie and his bunch of sycophantic idiots who thinks cause they got a big green masterbating machine they are kings of the road.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode and switched it off, it is typical british tv, absolute rubbish, only showing drivers as a bunch of idiots. OK judging by some of the threads on this and other sites they are partially right but some of us are just every day drivers who don’t need big shiny bling machines, who try their best to get their load delivered on time in one piece without gloating on how many tassles they got round their windows.

We do need something that shows planners pushing us to work to the max, or going ape because we got stuck in a traffic jam and we missed our book in slot and meant that the haulier has to show a misswed delivery. we need to show the small operator who has to except a crap rate to win the job and have to push his driver to work m15 hours a day for less than £100 pound a day.

We need to show how crap the faccillities are and then have to pay £24 to park on a MSA and then try to sleep with trucks going in and out all night, doing changeovers and the like.

This stobarts promoting stobarts, not promoting drivers and any driver who agreed to participate in the programme needs their head looking at.

there seems to be a lot of stobart bashing it wouldent be a bit of me but imm sure there ok cant get hy head round why so many people have to knock them maybe its because there a sucess

bjd:
there seems to be a lot of stobart bashing it wouldent be a bit of me but imm sure there ok cant get hy head round why so many people have to knock them maybe its because there a sucess

people like to knock successful people and also maybe a bit of jealousy?

25 mins in and not to bad,not sure about the “green” driver quoting whitney houston… :laughing: but loved that big lift very impressive… :smiley:

Few dodgy facts and why whould the WRC wagon driver breaking down cause Stobart team to drop out? Couldntthey do what everyone else does and get a call out to fix the trailer?

TruckingHell:
Its a TV show guys.

Would have been better if it visited a range of companies during the series.

JT is 61 and has been a trucker for 47 years hmmm, didnt know the young drivers scheme been out that long

That yard shunter looks a bit of a [zb] to work with

scottishcruiser:
Few dodgy facts and why whould the WRC wagon driver breaking down cause Stobart team to drop out? Couldntthey do what everyone else does and get a call out to fix the trailer?

And how many hints do you need from the dash to tell you theres an air problem. Air consumption high is regular on a scanny but critical straight after :unamused:

pete904ni:

Yes he does look rather ■■■■ doesnt he

bugcos:

pete904ni:

Yes he does look rather ■■■■ doesnt he

But thats it, rather than standing up to office ‘rules for the sake of rules’ he goes along with it. Ive had success where I work telling them where to go with some of their ridiculas H&S ideas :confused:

zippy!:

scottishcruiser:

And how many hints do you need from the dash to tell you theres an air problem. Air consumption high is regular on a scanny but critical straight after :unamused:

Zippy the way the narrator is saying it is as if the world is gonna end if Stobart dont make it yet when any other company have the same problem they get a call out no probs, sorted at roadside…

My point is why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Not sure about the “model”. Bit ropey :open_mouth:

scottishcruiser:

zippy!:

scottishcruiser:

Zippy the way the narrator is saying it is as if the world is gonna end if Stobart dont make it yet when any other company have the same problem they get a call out no probs, sorted at roadside…

My point is why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Cos getting a fitter out wouldn’t make for good TV (for non-truckers)