Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers finale 8pm

extrucker:
Talking to friends outside the industry that watched the series,they now have a better understanding of the problems drivers and companies face on a daily basis,the logisitics that go into their weekly shopping etc etc.This can only be good for the industry in the general public’s eyes.
From inside the industry,it was obvious the series was made for entertainment,with the commentary,the music, the clips of Mark in his Volvo,then showing a Scania driving down the road,but the police shows do the same,show a volvo interior then show a bmw driving.I think the series in general was quite entertaining if you didnt take it too seriously.And if the public think more positively about truck drivers then that can only be a good thing??

I have had similar comments, like ooh, did you drive one as big as that, it is amazing.

I have not seen anyone have to put one in a real tight spot all through the series. and the biggest hiccup was when a driver was refused entrance at Morrisons

The Sergeant was probably the biggest knob as trailer trialer.

Any driver worth a wage should be able to pick up any trailer and work it out, especially a curtainsider

Dogmatix:

bigvern1:
I see our little ethnic friend on the F1 truck, had only been with the company 9 months. How many of those months, did he have spend with his tongue down the bosses pants? Microwave meal eating dickwad. Am I jealous…? You bet yo’ ■■■ I am! :stuck_out_tongue:

He was a black fella, so what? why the need to make the point of colour of skin? Why not just refer to him as Hollywood like everyone else does.

I think that’s a fair point you have there Dogmatix.

Maybe the guy did some ■■■-kissing, but the colour of his skin seems completely irrelevant to bigvern1’s point. :confused: :confused:

bigvern1, what does the guy’s skin colour have to do with the point you made :question:

igadam:

Quinny:
And what about those that have been disciplined since this was filmed, for having gas canisters in the cab, and using them for cooking on the tank.

And for the one that has allegedly lost his licence for drink driving.

Allegedly of course.

Ah forgot. we won’t hear about those things though, will we?

Ken.

I was talking to a Stobbart’s driver the other week who told me that the old guy in the 1st show (Ive been here for 30 years guy,who was fussy with the washer guys) was currently suspended for having a low loader with 2 MAN cabs on… and battered them under (or not under) a bridge

I rest my case the mans a knob and always will be, my last post saying this was removed for saying this, some said a lot worse but there’s stayed on. But who gives a .

I thought the black guy seemed pretty sound actually. Based on what I saw I’d certainly be happy to work with him rather than the other jobsworth guy he was with.

Too much of this “you’re not coming in if you’re black/asian/irish/catholic/protestant” BS still in existence these days. :unamused:

“ah but to quote mark again, judges are like normal people but in disguise” :smiley:

The best quote was from the bloke who looked after the spotters early on in the series.

“they’re like normal people really” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am so glad I don’t live near him if his neighbours are like that.

Well that’s ■■■■■■■ weird :question: :question: my last post, that is now on page 2, has had the quote from Roadrunner’ removed :question: :question: It was there when I reviewed it and it was there when I submitted it but now it has been removed from my post :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Big Brother strikes again :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Don’t know why though only confirmed another members thoughts about other company’s being harder to work for :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The black guy must have been ■■■■■■■ himself laughing when the ‘‘lead driver’’ told him he couldnt trust him to drive onto the train then he ended up cracking the wall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen a total of about a minute of the whole thing but, based on what I saw, I’ve not missed much :laughing:

Nice to see something positive about trucks for a change but talk about blowing things out of proportion! Bit I saw last night for example where the guy was going to be the first to pull a new trailer :open_mouth: scarey stuff, honestly :unamused:

Bet that ‘Lead Driver’ on the F1 work spent all his ‘bonus’ on trying to bribe the camera team not to show that bit of footage :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
But bet the other fella was ■■■■■■ himself after the ‘lead driver’ had said he couldn’t trust him to do it right. :exclamation: :exclamation: and then he goe’s and make a complete balls of it :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve met loads of this type of driver over the years and I’m sure fella’s on here meet some of them everyday of the week and I feel sorry for you. :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Oh b*gger ive missed it again :cry:

igadam:

Quinny:
And what about those that have been disciplined since this was filmed, for having gas canisters in the cab, and using them for cooking on the tank.

Allegedly of course.

Ken.

I was talking to a Stobbart’s driver the other week who told me that the old guy in the 1st show (Ive been here for 30 years guy,who was fussy with the washer guys) was currently suspended for having a low loader with 2 MAN cabs on… and battered them under (or not under) a bridge

Not true at all mate. I work along side Mo doing the same contract work and i can assure you he’s not been suspended. Besides im told the air deflector (roof spoiler) on 1 of the trucks wasnt fastend down properly and hit 1 of the bridges. No real damage to the unit other than the deflector was smashed :blush: :blush: :blush:

retsel1961:

igadam:

Quinny:

Allegedly of course.

Ken.

Not true at all mate. I work along side Mo doing the same contract work and i can assure you he’s not been suspended. Besides im told the air deflector (roof spoiler) on 1 of the trucks wasnt fastend down properly and hit 1 of the bridges. No real damage to the unit other than the deflector was smashed :blush: :blush: :blush:

You have my sympathy.

managed to see the final episode (dame you channel five for not letting me view this because im in holland)

the truckfest bit was funny, lol
the black guy seemed a right laugh, could be quite fun driving with him.
fiona well…wouldnt we all want to make a creamy mess with her :smiley:

all in all though i wont be sad if there aint a 2nd series lol

wonder if channel five would do a series on the brits working at van den bosch LMAO

davepenn54:
Bet that ‘Lead Driver’ on the F1 work spent all his ‘bonus’ on trying to bribe the camera team not to show that bit of footage :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
But bet the other fella was ■■■■■■ himself after the ‘lead driver’ had said he couldn’t trust him to do it right. :exclamation: :exclamation: and then he goe’s and make a complete balls of it :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve met loads of this type of driver over the years and I’m sure fella’s on here meet some of them everyday of the week and I feel sorry for you. :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I’m sure Stuart will be along at some point, as he’s a member on here.

Ken.

retsel1961:

So it’s not true that he’s been suspended :question: :question: But it’s true that he has damaged some MAN trucks that he was delivering on a lowloader :question: :question:

Do Stobbie’s now run their own vehicle delivery trucks or was this just some kind of ‘one off’ :question:

I’m just curious because as far as I’m concerned the serie’s about ‘Eddie’ has portrayed it as a very, very cushy job as long as you know how to play the game with the planners :unamused: :unamused:

But maybe some of you fella’s on there will bend over backwards to keep your ‘personally’ named trucks or the runs that you do regularly :question:

Gotta say It looks like a real good number but I wouldn’t like to be wearing the identifaction all the time but would love to do a tramper’s job with them, day’s, night’s or euro :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I know it’s not going to happen for me but good luck and stay safe to the fella’s that are doing it :slight_smile:

Regards
Dave Penn;

What did make me laugh was the narrator trying to make everything seem dramatic, and I was just thinking “that’s just work, whats he on about” but if you look at it as an entertainment show it was actually ok. And if it makes Joe Public realise just how their stuff actually gets to Tescburys then it can’t be a bad thing. It had a bit of a “look lorry drivers are people too” air about it.

Quinny:
I’m sure Stuart will be along at some point, as he’s a member on here.

Ken.

So what :question: :question:
Not sure what you are trying to imply here Ken :question: :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

At the end of last nights show the narrator was running through the personalities we had met over the series.

Why didnt he mention DebHE? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Did laugh when the f1 driver hit the train i bet the co driver was ■■■■■■■ himself.