Eddie stobart job cuts

ady1:

bubsy06:
I heard eddie stobart is going bust :open_mouth:
bye bye thread :wink:

asked me to work o/t next thurs ,so your infos obviously wrong :unamused: :unamused: ,got my runs up until next sunday as well :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I know my info is wrong, wrong info usually gets a thread locked :wink:

ady1:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

baby seal:
This is a right stitch up. You’re not an owner driver as you don’t own the vehicle! You’re not free to work for who you like, as you say, I’d love to see someone say, “Sorry can’t this week, I’ve got a Madrid, try me next week.” If anyone takes this up then good luck to them, they’ll really need it.

how many more times : :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: ,you dont need to work for anyone else,the works GAR,GAR,GAR,GAR,stobarts are GAR,GAR,GAR you worl,i bloody wish folks on here would listen for once :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Have you done it then Ady?

YES,just sorting out finer details :exclamation: :exclamation: ,cant say anymore,sorry

Well let me wish you all the best Ady. I hope it works for you.

What do the Slowbart owner drivers actually own? From my viewpoint its seems tinkles and willy warmer are taking advantage of the fanboys with too much cash and a C+E licence.

bubsy06:
What do the Slowbart owner drivers actually own? From my viewpoint its seems tinkles and willy warmer are taking advantage of the fanboys with too much cash and a C+E licence.

typical of on here,anyone attempts to better them selfs and its negative comment after negative comment,folks on here just hate the thought some may just make a sucess of there lifes. i bet if richard branson,bill gates came on here a few years ago you of all been saying fruitcakes :unamused: :unamused: ,and look where they are,if you beleif in youself,the worlds your oyster.

ady1:

bubsy06:

typical of on here,anyone attempts to better them selfs and its negative comment after negative comment,folks on here just hate the thought some may just make a sucess of there lifes. i bet if richard branson,bill gates came on here a few years ago you of all been saying fruitcakes :unamused: :unamused: ,and look where they are,if you beleif in youself,the worlds your oyster.

How are you bettering yourself if you are forking out £5k just to drive a lean green ripping off machine?

bubsy06:

ady1:

bubsy06:

How are you bettering yourself if you are forking out £5k just to drive a lean green ripping off machine?

your right,im wrong,ill just continue to get up at 1/2 a.m,work 15 hrs,70/80 hrs p.w ,7.75 p.h, ,makes sense really,what was i thinking :unamused:

georgeking:
It appears that Eddie Stobart have become far too unwieldy with 2250 trucks, Tescos probably accounts for 50%of their business now.

Culina have been approached by Tesco Avonmouth to do traction work for them, and we’ve just had some new MAN,s delivered and they got the electric socket on the units to work tail lifts, well none of our trailers have tail lifts so I don’t know what to make of that .

wirralpete:
reckon the next series of trucks and trailers might have a few of these owner/but not owner drivers on it… :wink:

could be the birth of a new word …The ESL No-ner driver

ady1:

bubsy06:

ady1:

bubsy06:

your right,im wrong,ill just continue to get up at 1/2 a.m,work 15 hrs,70/80 hrs p.w ,7.75 p.h, ,makes sense really,what was i thinking :unamused:

Obvioulsy stobarts is taking its toll on you, seems you have resorted to sniffing the old stick sticky :laughing:

ady1:

bubsy06:

The whole point is that it is a spurious claim that “you will be bettering yourself” do you really think this is a charitable move by Stobarts to give drivers independance. What a lovely world you live in. It is a boardroom decision to give them greater control and less responsibility, not to speak of the fact that they will have run a model through the computer and have the percentages worked out so the bottom line is better for them with less “liability” I guarantee for a short while any one daft enough to sign their lives away will be better off with good runs and more money, then reality will kick in and they have you by the balls, tighten the screws and the sleepless nights and suicides will start along with reposessd houses and divorce. All they are after is a better balance sheet and its your cash they will use for no return

ady1:

How are you bettering yourself exactly by tying a large green millstone round your neck, and having Andy & Bill,s hands cupping your bollox, hoping they aint gonna squeeze, Branson & Gates started on their own, not under the dubious “protection” of a third party.
Apart from that if you still think it,s a good idea I wish you good luck, I done it years ago (on my own that is), and it went ■■■■ up. but at least I can say that I gave it a go, the only advice I can offer is get some advice from somebody independent to Stobarts.

oldsid:

ady1:

bubsy06:

The whole point is that it is a spurious claim that “you will be bettering yourself” do you really think this is a charitable move by Stobarts to give drivers independance. What a lovely world you live in. It is a boardroom decision to give them greater control and less responsibility, not to speak of the fact that they will have run a model through the computer and have the percentages worked out so the bottom line is better for them with less “liability” I guarantee for a short while any one daft enough to sign their lives away will be better off with good runs and more money, then reality will kick in and they have you by the balls, tighten the screws and the sleepless nights and suicides will start along with reposessd houses and divorce. All they are after is a better balance sheet and its your cash they will use for no return

Someone talking sense.
Taking advantage of the fan boys with some £££. If you quit what do you end up with? f-all

yes ive heard you all,im WRONG your all right,im now looking forward to the next 30 yrs of 1/2 a.m starts,15 hr days,70/80 hrs p.w,7.75 p.h.

ady1:
yes ive heard you all,im WRONG your all right,im now looking forward to the next 30 yrs of 1/2 a.m starts,15 hr days,70/80 hrs p.w,7.75 p.h.

Have you fork-ed out £5k to wiliam tinkler?

bubsy06:

ady1:

if i have and i loose it,then i should be o.k as ive taken all of yous advice to continue as a employee,im sure it wont take that long at 7.75 p.h to earn it back :exclamation:

ady1:

bubsy06:

ady1:

if i have and i loose it,then i should be o.k as ive taken all of yous advice to continue as a employee,im sure it wont take that long at 7.75 p.h to earn it back :exclamation:

O…K…

ady1:

bubsy06:

ady1:

I havnt read the whole thread but have you actually enrolled in this scheme? whose advice did you take? you cant have run it past an accountant surely. good luck and my advice is make sure you have all your exit options covered, you are a very small pawn in the big world of the boardroom bullies and thry will ■■■■ you in and spit you out with no concience at all its all about the bottom line.

Seems no different to the Tarmac/Lafarge/Hansons OD’s. I believe that the terms and conditions are similar to what T/L/H OD’s are operating on and they seem to do alright!

msgyorkie:
Seems no different to the Tarmac/Lafarge/Hansons OD’s. I believe that the terms and conditions are similar to what T/L/H OD’s are operating on and they seem to do alright!

SEEM!!! facts and figures please

ady1:

bubsy06:

ady1:

Ady, I don,t know you, but I for one would be pleased for you if 12 months down the line you came on here and said" Sod you lot this is great, best move I,ve made" Most on here are trying to give you constructive advice, and admittedly criticism but still constructive, so why the hostility, is it that you feel you could be wrong on reflection?, A thing that I have learned in life is if there is a consencus of opinion, that opinion is usually right.