Dundee Law - what an idiot

alamcculloch:
I once had to take a 33 seat bus up there. The place has since been remodelled am not sure that a long vehicle could get round nowadays. He was carrying cundy pipes now my knowledge of drainage says you wouldnt need them at the top of a hill.

Jeez man, I do a lot of work for the salmon farming industry. My knowledge of fish farming informs me that there are none on the top of a hill. However, I have to go up some epic hills in order that I can go down the other side, and eventually come back to sea level.
Amazingly, I occasionally encounter lorry loads of pipes on the same routes. Some of them are even going downhill, I promise this is true.

the nodding donkey:
Your starter for ten. For all the armchair “18 wheeler” heroes.

Look this up, and check out how to get there on google view…

51.167943,-3.381895

Its Exmoor Classics
exmoorclassics.co.uk

Yes,I took a 44 tonner down there. No, I did not stop on the way back up…

Yes Rob, I know that’s quite easy, but it’s only the starter for ten. I rely on you for the bonus locations…

An artic just won’t cut it when the going gets tough. :wink: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWFR8LEU4H8

Old John:

alamcculloch:
I once had to take a 33 seat bus up there. The place has since been remodelled am not sure that a long vehicle could get round nowadays. He was carrying cundy pipes now my knowledge of drainage says you wouldnt need them at the top of a hill.

Jeez man, I do a lot of work for the salmon farming industry. My knowledge of fish farming informs me that there are none on the top of a hill. However, I have to go up some epic hills in order that I can go down the other side, and eventually come back to sea level.
Amazingly, I occasionally encounter lorry loads of pipes on the same routes. Some of them are even going downhill, I promise this is true.

:laughing: :laughing: Armchair drivers wouldn’t know what hit 'em if they caught a drop like some have to do.

What’s this? Driver top trumps over who can out-do the other one on the steepest hill they’ve had to climb/descend? Listen to yourselves. Pathetic!

DCPCFML:
What’s this? Driver top trumps over who can out-do the other one on the steepest hill they’ve had to climb/descend? Listen to yourselves. Pathetic!

Ah, but what an opportunity for you!

Not only can call the driver an IDIOT for his error, but you can also criticise this second group of drivers too.
Gosh, but you must be happy looking down on us mortals.

Franglais:

DCPCFML:

Ah, but what an opportunity for you!

Not only can call the driver an IDIOT for his error, but you can also criticise this second group of drivers too.
Gosh, but you must be happy looking down on us mortals.

No, I think he’s just bitter, because he’s got not cards to play in this game…

DCPCFML:

If you don’t like it don’t look it’s easy .

Old John:
The trailer is loaded with concrete cundy pipes, and the driver Is probably used to delivering into unlikely places all over the country, where a lot of the warriors on here would be terrified to go in case they got mud on their tyres.

He took a wrong turning. Easily done, but idiot? Really??

Used to do this work.
I’ve been in places,tipper drivers refused to go.

commonrail:
I’ve been in places,tipper drivers refused to go.

What, Scunthorpe? :smiley:

Old John:

alamcculloch:

He drove up to the War Memorial there is no other side to go down. I once had to take flood protection stuff to Inverness. I was in a 7.5 tonner the road started going up and up I realized that there was no call for my load up here so stopped got out and asked the locals.

DCPCFML:

The irony when they are defending the driving of the muppet who tried to turn an artic around in the amount of space needed for a 7.5 tonner rather than reverse it out the way that he got into it. :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

robroy:
‘An idiot’?
A bit harsh I would say. :unamused:
It’s all well and good delivering to supermarkets, factories etc, but some of the places I go (as well as undoubtedly many others on here) are real tight arsed places, not intended for long and high artics…, horse and carts and wheelbarrow yes, artics no. :unamused:
I always ring for directions when I see they are especially remote (and assurance) and yes sometimes use Google maps etc, but en route I’ve seen me thinking in the past… ‘Ffs this surely can’t be right’, luckily so far it has been.

What’s that saying…There but for the grace of God go I…(or maybe even you o/p :bulb: )
I ain’t religious btw, just heard it being said. :smiley:

But there is a point where anyone with any commons sense has to say this outfit can’t be driven forwards any further and that example had clearly gone way past the point of let’s call it a day and reverse it out the way it went in and doubt if the delivery address was anywhere near that point anyway. :bulb:

Easy for the man who won’t say when his last load was ?

Let’s just say, it was before any of us had heard of Euro Emission Standards.

Punchy Dan:

msgyorkie:

Old John:
The trailer is loaded with concrete cundy pipes, and the driver Is probably used to delivering into unlikely places all over the country, where a lot of the warriors on here would be terrified to go in case they got mud on their tyres.

He took a wrong turning. Easily done, but idiot? Really??

This 100% ^^^^^^^

The plobbers that do nothing but Motorway running DC to Dc would ■■■■ themselves with fright where the building wagons have to go. Just yesterday I was down a country lane with both mirrors pushed in for half a mile to get to some obscure sewerage plant. Looked at the top of the HIAB and there was half of Sherwood Forest hanging off!

This

Spot on Dan. All the knockers have never made a mistake, because if they’ve ever done anything, it was totally mundane.

alamcculloch:

Probably don’t need them at a Post Office either, but no doubt he had to pass a few. The stupidity of that statement is amazing!

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

51.167943,-3.381895

Its Exmoor Classics
exmoorclassics.co.uk

Yes Rob, I know that’s quite easy, but it’s only the starter for ten. I rely on you for the bonus locations…

Remind you of anyone, Carryfast? :unamused:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

51.167943,-3.381895

Its Exmoor Classics
exmoorclassics.co.uk

Remind you of anyone, Carryfast? :unamused:

Not unless you mean that I was never really impressed by artics and I never really liked the things if it’s not the bleedin cut in causing aggro it’s the tail sweep. :wink:

This was made for taking an artic to the end of Dundee Law let alone the back roads of the Alps.As for exmoor classics it all might have been a bit different without the convenient massive car parking area at the end of the road. :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7-r4cJfMg

It has to be said,though.

There comes a time when the only possible solution is to engage reverse.
Carrying on,when it’s obviously not going to happen IS idiotic.

Maybe his reversing is below par.

commonrail:
It has to be said,though.

There comes a time when the only possible solution is to engage reverse.
Carrying on,when it’s obviously not going to happen IS idiotic.

^ Or at least futile and potentially very expensive. :wink: