Smart move or bad driving?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … anger.html

I can’t see what he did as being illegal. Not the smartest move but not illegal.

He’s followed the road markings and turned onto the other road before making another separate turn

Proof that the Daily Mail might have been conceived as a broadsheet for people with short arms, but it’s ended up as a tabloid/comic without the ■■■■■ and jokes. The only person who should be sacked was the person who thinks this is news.

What a load of ■■■■■■■ bollox!
Don’t people have nothing better to do than report / film stuff like that FFS :angry:
I bet if it were a coach no one would have taken any bloody notice.
Some folk need to get a life.

I don’t see what he has done is wrong. The daily mail make out he turned right at a no right turn junction, no he didn’t, he turned left then did a u turn. Didn’t see any no u turn signs. The hatched area in the middle of the road was a broken white line. London cabs do that ALL THE TIME. And as for the pedestrian, it was crossing at a junction, not a pedestrian crossing… I’d say smart driving.

I see some commentators want the driver banned, to lose his job and serve a prison term.

Yeah right. He didn’t hit anything and probably got lost. We all make mistakes, and he felt he could do that maneuver and clearly he managed it.

Also, I note that that is a rear steer trailer :wink:

Gembo:
What a load of [zb] bollox!
Don’t people have nothing better to do than report / film stuff like that FFS :angry:

Some folk need to get a life.

+1

I’d love to meet the commentator Elizabeth A for a coffee an maybe decipher which world she actually thinks she’s living in.

“Huge articulated lorry”. It’s only a tiddler.
To be honest, no lorry driver could do anything as offensive as the mere existence of the Daily Wail.

the only bit of “Bad driving” is stopping in the YBJ, no doubt the driver will get a fine for that.

Apart from that, the driver did nothing wrong. Did well not to clip the island, Probably a different story with a 45ft trailer with no rear steer.

picture 1 indicts approaching the junction ahead NO RIGHT TURN
Pictures 2 and 3 indicate NO RIGHT TURN
Pictures 4 and 5 look at the lights he IS passing to his right

The sign BELOW the lights indicates AHEAD ONLY :unamused: that’s his down fall…

It looks like a failure to comply. 3 points and a fine if the Mets’ finest take an interest. Slap on the wrist @Dagenham/TRG from what I hear they can’t afford to sack any drivers!

With the amount of cameras around today it can hardly be called a smart move…maybe it’s one of the new boys in town? Tossco have previous in that regard!

trubster:
the only bit of “Bad driving” is stopping in the YBJ, no doubt the driver will get a fine for that.

Apart from that, the driver did nothing wrong. Did well not to clip the island, Probably a different story with a 45ft trailer with no rear steer.

Stopping in YBJ is only illegal if your exit isnt clear, which was clear, so no problem there!
He could have a problem if there is a no U turn sign as he approached!

Thats whitechapel h/s he probably didn,t know you can go round algate oneway system or leman st so id say lost or being lazy.

Oh, the “Daily Fail”… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In my opinion, all teh londoner pedestrians should use their bloody eyes and common sense. Or built warehouses alongside the M"5 and let them walkig and cycling out there if they need anything.

nick2008:

I agree he shouldn’t have been turning right at that junction.

The article is well over the top, it’s yet another over exuberant Muppet with a dash-cam, and of course the Mail-Online is always happy to exaggerates the truth in order to make a better story.

Looking at that video again, the little island he actually went round didnt have any signs on it saying he couldnt do what he did, which was after the junction you cant turn right at, only a keep left sign, which he did.

It looks to me that the first photo in the article shows a weight limit on the road sign after the left turn? perhaps he’d seen that and decided to avoid it unsure that he would be able to use the next left to get out, if you see what I mean.

PAPER! does as it loves to do and makes mountain out of mole hill!
pedestrian in danger crossing road! wagon carears round bend etc!

driver made to look a big plank by bad journalism!

tachograph:

nick2008:

I agree he shouldn’t have been turning right at that junction.

The article is well over the top, it’s yet another over exuberant Muppet with a dash-cam, and of course the Mail-Online is always happy to exaggerates the truth in order to make a better story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfH4hXcEklE

Look again Tacho, he did turn left, then did the u turn!

So tossco driver turned left out of the road on the left, then performed a u turn round the island in the middle of the road, he could have performed that manouvere any were along that road after he turned left and gone past the island legally! and it isnt a narrow road like whats being made out, its 6 lanes wide!!