Smart move or bad driving?

load of crap

I note that the pic of the pedestrian about to cross the road states the pedestrian is looking left as supposed to? When traffic will come from right■■? :smiley:

dave19544:
It looks to me that the first photo in the article shows a weight limit on the road sign after the left turn? perhaps he’d seen that and decided to avoid it unsure that he would be able to use the next left to get out, if you see what I mean.

^^ This is what I noticed.

Also, in the article, it shows a picture (2nd pic below the vid) and says “The pedestrian (right) starts to walk across the road, looking to the left in the direction the traffic should be coming”
But the pedestrian is looking to his LEFT, any vehicles would have come from the RIGHT until he was past the island :unamused:

I’ve asked the Daily Whail about this and why it’s ok for them to make the mistake but not for a HGV driver to make a mistake :smiling_imp:

What a load of bull manure.That is all they can report and write about is that.
It is not a Boeing 747 making an emergency landing on the streets.Huge artic my derriere.
It is an urban artic.This is propaganda to get BJ’s wish to ban all trucks in London or deliver in between rush hours so his voters can get to work on time.
Wake up and smell the coffee.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108951

Can we merge these 2?

weeto:
Look again Tacho, he did turn left, then did the u turn!

I see what you mean but to be honest I think you’d have a hard time convincing a court of that.

tachograph:

weeto:

I see what you mean but to be honest I think you’d have a hard time convincing a court of that.

I think he’d be fine convincing a court of that, as the obviously easier turn would’ve been to stay to the right of those bollards, which he didn’t do because he didn’t want to break the law :wink:

tachograph:

weeto:

Dunno why, any were after the island is good for a legal U turn.

waynedl:
Smart move or bad driving? - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Can we merge these 2?

We can and we have :wink:

weeto:

tachograph:

weeto:

I’m not sure about that, to get to the point where he turned he passed a proceed straight ahead sign which was on the traffic separation island he spun round.

tachograph:

weeto:

tachograph:

weeto:

I’m not sure about that, to get to the point where he turned he passed a proceed straight ahead sign which was on the traffic separation island he spun round.

But that sign is not aimed at drivers turning left is it, thats for traffic coming from the right, you can tell that because its on there traffic light post, not his, and thats because coming from that junction its ahead only but once they have passed that island, it would also be legal for them to do a U turn.

If I recall correctly the weight limit of 18t is for st Botolph Street bridge which is part of the Aldgate gyratory so no chance of reversing direction that way. He would have to go up Commercial street past the Old Spitalfields Market probably as far as Old Street to turn round. Unless I am wrong there is no left turn into Leman street which would prevent a circuit via Mansell st or The Minories.

At a guess he missed his turn into Goodmans Style if he wanted to go south or south west. Braham st etc, which still appear on some maps, were buried under concrete a while back.

weeto:
But that sign is not aimed at drivers turning left is it, thats for traffic coming from the right, you can tell that because its on there traffic light post, not his, and thats because coming from that junction its ahead only but once they have passed that island, it would also be legal for them to do a U turn.

You may be right I’m not sure, either way it’s not something I’d chance unless absolutely necessary.

Either way I hope the driver got away with it because at the end of the day he did nothing dangerous or risky, it’s just another case of someone with a dash-cam making something out of very little :unamused:

Ahhhhh, the bus of outrage, quickly filling now, having left the terminal.
Where it goes nobody knows, but goes there it does, picking up all the outraged along the way and gradually becoming bigger and bigger as time passes.

The victims will soon be you and I, as the bus steams ahead on full power, only stopping for more outrage along the way.

Once the bus has net curtains, that’s it, we are all beyond help, for the transparency will all be long forgotten and all will be aboard the bus of outrage, wagging fingers, making judgement, watching others and just waiting for them to make that mistake that makes those of us on the bus so gloriously happy in our moment of outrage.

And then some of us will have missed the bus, because we are too busy getting on with our own lives and appreciating what life has to offer and probably offering help to those of us who have made mistakes, because we don`t give a stuff about judgement, as we are secure in our own skins and busy enjoying ourselves :sunglasses:

I know which bus I am on :laughing:

It’s also a shame they don’t show the un-edited video with a few hundred meters of road before he made his manoeuvre.

Presumably, this incident (non-event) was reported by the car with the dashcam that was following?..well the car driver himself commited an offence due to following too close to the tesco driver and entering the YBJ without ensuring his exit was clear which caused him to become stationary in the YBJ. !

tachograph:

weeto:

You may be right I’m not sure, either way it’s not something I’d chance unless absolutely necessary.

Either way I hope the driver got away with it because at the end of the day he did nothing dangerous or risky, it’s just another case of someone with a dash-cam making something out of very little :unamused:

Just to clarify, this is the view if you was coming from the right, with the ahead only signs on the traffic light posts, including their light on the island.
To commit an illegal uturn at that point, there would have to be a no u turn sign on the end of that island.
Yes toscco drivers get some stick for some of there antics, but that driver didnt do anything illegal!
For all we know, that manouver may be on his route plan to get to the Toscco express store down that road, and may be the best route to get to it in a truck!

the sooner all wagons boycott london the better,they don’t want you there but they want their stuff,i remember seeing on that shipping wars the other week the driver picking up that topiary statue had to pay £200 for the “honour” of driving through the place.let the place starve and rot.

What a load of sensationalist BS from the Daily Mail.

The bloke did it clean enough & I doubt he was that close to the (blind?) pedestrian.

Gots to take your chances as & when really in London.

Should just down tools & make the bleeders pick their groceries up from the DC the thanks you get from the jobsworths.

Wake up and smell the coffee.It is propaganda for Boris and his plan to ban nasty lorries from peak hour traffic times so his voters can get to work on time.
The driver has done nothing wrong.How is it a huge artic.It is an urban trailer.