Driving off loading bay

New driver question better to ask than to be a smart arse and clip something so hear goes
Parked on a loading bay between 2 other units complete with trailers, when pulling off loading bay do I need to wait till the end of my trailer is clear of the two units either side how much outswing will occur cheers tony, probably sounds like a Pratt question but would rather ask than be the Pratt that hits one lol cheers tony,

Depends how close the bays are together tbh,can’t give a answer that will suit every bay you come across…some bays yes,but they some bays you wouldn’t get out un less you started to turn before clearing the wagons either side.

Pull if forward as far as you need mate. No negative in going too far forward. Plenty of negatives in crashing into a unit. Bays are designed that you can get off without crashing into the trailer/unit next door.

That being said - if you go forward and don’t have enough space you should be going slow enough to stop and sort it out. Revers a bit - and go and tell someone it needs moving. If that means you have to wait no big drama.

Generally, you have loads of room going forward to get out in my limited experience. In your own yard… not so common. I’ve literally had to get out and check 10 times when I’ve had trailers in front of me at an angle and a trailer next to me just inches away.

If in any doubt get out and look.

Get a little bit closer to the one on the inside and you’ll have more room for the swing on the outside. Most places you can get out of no problem without needing to do that though and the higher your angle between unit and trailer the more it’ll swing, most cases you’re well clear before you put that much of a bend on.