Driving licence back from dvla

Hi my driving licence came back from the dvla after I sent off my normal car licence and paper one with my application for HGV provisional and there’s nothing on it about HGV provisional. Is it a separate licence?
Thanks Matt

Provisional entitlement used to be on the paper counterpart, seeing as that has been abolished you may need to check online to see the entitlement? gov.uk/view-driving-licence

The current card only licences don’t show provisional entitlements. It will show online if you check with the link reef posted.

I’m not entirely sure why the licence needed to be sent off. They could have just updated it online. Unless these modern licences are chipped and they reencode them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks reef I checked online and im provisionally allowed to drive cat c etc. So I guess when book the theory test they only need my licence number? I thought I’d get a card or at least some physical proof. Thanks again, Matt

Pennywise:
Thanks reef I checked online and im provisionally allowed to drive cat c etc. So I guess when book the theory test they only need my licence number? I thought I’d get a card or at least some physical proof. Thanks again, Matt

You may need to get the temporary ‘check code’ for them to look it up on the computer themselves.

create a licence ‘check code’ to share your driving record with someone, for example a car hire company
The ‘check code’ will be valid for 21 days.

Reef:

Pennywise:

You may need to get the temporary ‘check code’ for them to look it up on the computer themselves.

create a licence ‘check code’ to share your driving record with someone, for example a car hire company

I don’t recall having to create a check code when I booked my theory tests a few weeks ago.

IronEddie:

Reef:

Pennywise:

I don’t recall having to create a check code when I booked my theory tests a few weeks ago.

DVLA theory test people KNOW what you have on THEIR system

ROG:

IronEddie:

Reef:

Pennywise:

DVLA theory test people KNOW what you have on THEIR system

That’s what I thought I just was trying to be less blunt [emoji12]

Whatever, I’m not new enough to know the new system and not ■■■■ enough to keep track of the procedure either, for that we have people like ROG and their Caps lock keys :unamused:

Reef:
Whatever, I’m not new enough to know the new system and not ■■■■ enough to keep track of the procedure either, for that we have people like ROG and their Caps lock keys :unamused:

Fair point - many authorities have access to various databases these days - cops have access to them all I think

ROG:
Fair point - many authorities have access to various databases these days - cops have access to them all I think

Yeah makes sense when you think about.