Is this what a PROVISIONAL HGV license is supposed to be?

I couldn’t find anywhere useful to answer my question so I thought I’d post on here to ask the experts.

Attached is a photo of the rear of my license that I got back from the DVLA today after sending off my medical and application form for a provisional license. However the entitlements haven’t been filled in for the catogries that I wanted (class c etc). Is this correct or do I need to get onto the phone and ask them to reissue with the correct entitlements.

I have booked my HGV theory and hazard perception so I know I’ve been set up to drive them. I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

yes, that’s correct

you can also do an online check

Priest:
yes, that’s correct

Thank you :slight_smile:

The online check is here

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Little tip - when you book the lessons or might be the day you turn up for the test, take your national insurance number with you as the driving school will need that if they want to check your licence. Yeah it’s rather daft that they don’t put some code on the back of the licence to say it’s provisional and very confusing for the recipient.

You’ll only get those classes when you pass them.

Peter Smythe:
The online check is here

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did try this but it didn’t match my details so I’m going to have to call the DVLA to make sure they have my correct details on file.

The paper counterpart used to show provisional entitlements but they did away with that.

I have just received my updated licence with provisional entitlement with cat c and checked online just to make sure no mistakes were made since I had to update my address and photo at the same time. All was fine.

Incidentally, my photocard licence was out of date by 3 years and I half-expected that they would backdate my new licence so the expiry date would be 10 years from the last one, but this wasn’t the case.