Driver pulled over on break on M40

Andrejs:

extrucker:
spot on Robroy. Too many taking the p**s, especially foreigners. How do they get away with leaving the UK having fines stacked up against them, toll non payment, daily levy non payment. Too many over here that are illegal in my experience of having dealt with them. And too many have complete disregard for our laws.

This problem happened by some problem with British rules.Last week talk to one Spanish drivers.He said who he get penalty tickets from France,Germany but from UK never because UK can t sent to abroad.

It’s clear that confiscating the truck and its load and flogging the lot is a far better deterrent.In addition to deporting the driver for criminal activety.Just as a Brit would face more serious charges for falsifying a tacho record than just showing it.IE ‘penalty tickets’ don’t fit the crime in this case. :unamused:

truckman020:

robroy:
Never mind fines only, it should be a hard line zero tolerance in these cases.
Confiscate the load, and the truck and trailer and scrap it.
Jail the driver, revoke his licence, and only then start the fine process. :bulb:

It’s the only way to rid the industry of these [zb] cowboy operators and drivers, and get the [zb] s off our roads for good for a safer environment and a more professional image for the industry.
And not just for foreigners either, UK and Paddys included. :smiling_imp:
A strong message needs to be sent that these [zb].s are no longer wanted in the job by the rest of us. :bulb:

+1

agree with thos 100% same or similar punishment for use of mobile phones at the wheel by all truck coach car van would cause rapid focus of the mind

AndrewG:

robroy:
Jail the driver, revoke his licence, and only then start the fine process. :bulb:

It’s the only way to rid the industry of these [zb] cowboy operators and drivers, and get the [zb] s off our roads for good for a safer environment and a more professional image for the industry.
A strong message needs to be sent that these [zb].s are no longer wanted in the job by the rest of us. :bulb:

Dont hold back Rob, just say what you think mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont disagree btw…in jail they should go… :grimacing:

Bit pot Kettle black delboy seing you use a device to manipulate your speed

the nodding donkey:
M40?

Not like you to pick holes ND :laughing: :laughing:

Picky picky :grimacing:

tommy t:

Andrejs:

extrucker:
spot on Robroy. Too many taking the p**s, especially foreigners. How do they get away with leaving the UK having fines stacked up against them, toll non payment, daily levy non payment. Too many over here that are illegal in my experience of having dealt with them. And too many have complete disregard for our laws.

This problem happened by some problem with British rules.Last week talk to one Spanish drivers.He said who he get penalty tickets from France,Germany but from UK never because UK can t sent to abroad.

And we should not get them from the EU but france at least is trying to change this, another reason to get out of the EU

I thought that from May 6th 2017 that had changed. In a reciprocal agreement UK and many Eu countries can pursue each other`s drivers for fines. Given it is a two way deal are you happy that without it foreign drivers can break UK laws without being chased for fines? Or are prepared to accept that they can break our laws, and then escape punishment, so that bent UK drivers remain safe in EU?

AndrewG:

robroy:

To right. It’s time the authorities crack down hard on those that circumvent the tacho… :stuck_out_tongue:

Carryfast:

Andrejs:

extrucker:

It’s clear that confiscating the truck and its load and flogging the lot is a far better deterrent.In addition to deporting the driver for criminal activety.Just as a Brit would face more serious charges for falsifying a tacho record than just showing it.IE ‘penalty tickets’ don’t fit the crime in this case. :unamused:

Confiscating truck has gotta be an option. The operator surely must “see” missing mileage, be surprised at how quickly his driver gets a job done? He is either guilty or at the very least incompetent.
The load? The sender may be merely ignorant of transport rules. They may be guilty of chasing the cheapest price, but that aint a crime. Dont deport the driver. . . . send him to Liverpool nick!

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

robroy:

To right. It’s time the authorities crack down hard on those that circumvent the tacho… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seeing as ive seen the light this weekend ND and now love Jesus ect im handing myself in tomorrow… :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

robroy:

Seeing as ive seen the light this weekend ND and now love Jesus ect im handing myself in tomorrow… :stuck_out_tongue:

I said pray’s da lord, for he hath seen da lights… All 6 of them on a light bar, just keep it lit Mr G. Whoooosh.

biggriffin:

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

I said pray’s da lord, for he hath seen da lights… All 6 of them on a light bar, just keep it lit Mr G. Whoooosh.

Yes…Whoooosh indeed, with some 150db TGV train horn in there for good measure… :stuck_out_tongue::smiley:

DP//

Franglais:
Confiscating truck has gotta be an option. The operator surely must “see” missing mileage, be surprised at how quickly his driver gets a job done? He is either guilty or at the very least incompetent.
The load? The sender may be merely ignorant of transport rules. They may be guilty of chasing the cheapest price, but that aint a crime. Dont deport the driver. . . . send him to Liverpool nick!

I very much doubt the driver was not acting under the Operator’s instructions, so I go with the option of guilty. Confiscate the truck and trailer and sell it for parts.

The Consignor is guilty of nothing but pursuing the cheapest price. The customer either doesn’t know or care how the load gets there so quickly. We get our loads moved pretty quick, but then again we stage drivers, so it can be done. Maybe the consignor thinks that is the case here.

Andrejs:

tommy t:

Andrejs:

extrucker:

And we should not get them from the EU but france at least is trying to change this, another reason to get out of the EU

When you leave UK all will be same and more worse .France,Spain now ask deposit for penalty and more.But UK police job stile not best .And it is not EU fault.It is UK common senses fault.

The EU are at fault not just for the way this country is, but other EU countries too, Italy is looking like it has a leader with a spine at last , Microbe shag a hag french president is a cucktard, he and his ilk do not represent democracy or what the french people want and havent for years it’s why paris is now a ■■■■■■■ france has been invaded and the caliphate is close

Carryfast:

robroy:

Confiscate the truck and load then sell it if possible at any price.Then give the money to the NHS. :bulb: :wink: Then deport the driver to Turkey.Then ask the Germans how does a Bulgarian resident hold a German driving licence and how does a Turkish national get resident work status in the EU and that German driving licences issued to non German residents won’t be recognised.Just as a UK licence isn’t valid in the case of non UK residents.

Plenty of turks living and working in germany mate. Millions of them in fact. Some trade deal done way back when germany needed lots of labourers.

Concretejim:

Carryfast:

robroy:

Confiscate the truck and load then sell it if possible at any price.Then give the money to the NHS. :bulb: :wink: Then deport the driver to Turkey.Then ask the Germans how does a Bulgarian resident hold a German driving licence and how does a Turkish national get resident work status in the EU and that German driving licences issued to non German residents won’t be recognised.Just as a UK licence isn’t valid in the case of non UK residents.

Plenty of turks living and working in germany mate. Millions of them in fact. Some trade deal done way back when Germany needed lots of labourers.

they will probably have a lot more soon as that crazy turk in Turkistan has been threatening to release his hordes of jhadi foot soldiers if they don’t get full eu membership, and just what will happen once they do get it? lol

So many “holier-than-thou” posters on this thread. Has everybody really forgotten about the days when we Brits regularly “pulled the fuse” or “put the wire in”? :wink:

Harry Monk:
So many “holier-than-thou” posters on this thread. Has everybody really forgotten about the days when we Brits regularly “pulled the fuse” or “put the wire in”? :wink:

nope, and they were good times when it was in the driver’s interest to do it :open_mouth: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

How very true .

Harry Monk:

Different times Harry, …and yeh I’ll hold my hands up, I was one of the worse offenders for it all, and then some.
I don’t need to tell an experienced guy like you that it’s a different ball game these days.
Point being, is that way of working is about as relavent in today’s job, as much as some of the methods and actions in that vid on the M62 1979 winter thread. :bulb:

Harry Monk:

Got it in one Harry!

And how many discs were frisbee’d out of the window with the tacho being wound on and a new card put in so as to beat the 22.00 ban or just to make the boat.

On the way home of course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: