Speechless.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t … l-28774656

I don’t know what to say about this that would be allowed on this site.

He was jailed for a year and banned from driving for three years

Absolute joke. :imp:

Surprised he got so far…the guy must have had a drink problem.

None of his colleagues noticed? Or perhaps they though it wasn’t their business.

At least he didn’t kill anyone.

How do you not notice someone necking 3/4 of a bottle of Vod’i?

Anyone who could drink that much in that short a time must have one hell of a problem.

We had a driver done for DD, lost his licence for 2 years, got a 1 year suspended sentence for 1 year and 1000 pound fine. He then topped himself. No excuse for it, bet there are hundreds if not thousands of drink driving truckers.

Apart from the being p***d part, how did the trailer manage to detach itself from the unit, it just doesn’t make sense to me

I knew a truck driver done for DD.

In between the offence and it coming to court he got a duplicate licence. Said his old one had been lost when the ERF he was driving caught fire…like they did.

He surrendered his new licence to the court and resigned from his job.

He went to an agency and they got him a nice number at Royal Mail.

This was years ago, when the DVSA computer wasn’t quite what it is now, so don’t try this at home, folks.

Alcpone:
We had a driver done for DD, lost his licence for 2 years, got a 1 year suspended sentence for 1 year and 1000 pound fine. He then topped himself. No excuse for it, bet there are hundreds if not thousands of drink driving truckers.

Yes iv worked alongside many blokes with serious drink problems over the years.

yorkshire terrier:

Alcpone:

so have i and shopped em too the police aswell.

scotstrucker:

yorkshire terrier:

Alcpone:

Did they get caught■■? I know a couple of the blokes went to mangement about the drinkers and they laughed it off :open_mouth: so then tried to shop them to police but they never seemed to get caught.

yorkshire terrier:

scotstrucker:

yorkshire terrier:

Alcpone:

Did they get caught■■? I know a couple of the blokes went to mangement about the drinkers and they laughed it off :open_mouth: so then tried to shop them to police but they never seemed to get caught.

yes they were caught.

In cab breathalyser before the truck will start, just like coaches. That’ll sort that out no problem.

He may have put the Vodka in a can of Coco Cola or Fanta.It seems he may have been drinking and driving for a long time.Who knows his reasons;Marriage problems,not seeing his kids,financial worries,depression and mental illness.
In Europe i have met drivers that were more dangerous when driving sober.
In the past,most drivers would be over the limit prior to boarding the ferry.Most of the crew on the ships were heavy drinkers.
Coming off the ferry,over the limit again.
It was the done thing to drink on the ferry.
Rouitiers in France;Five litre jugs of wine with your meal in France.
Foreign cops have had booze on their breath.Cognac or Hennesy in their morning coffee?

Lol. I like my vices but how you think you won’t get caught after drinking that much is anyone’s guess.

Not good but don’t see the point in jailing him.

GasGas:
None of his colleagues noticed? Or perhaps they though it wasn’t their business.

Certainly none if mine, hot my own zb to worry about:!:

GasGas:
I knew a truck driver done for DD.

He went to an agency and they got him a nice number at Royal Mail.

Good for him…

Hes not the first and wont be the last, they caught a foreigner a while back on the M25, and our famous Angus police man caught one, and it was a really strong beer, had a bag of emptys in the cab, and a half drank one.
The detached trailer looks like the force has ripped everything from the tractor, it looks like his ramps are on the bottom of the trailer, certainly some twisted metal.

truckyboy:
Hes not the first and wont be the last, they caught a foreigner a while back on the M25, and our famous Angus police man caught one, and it was a really strong beer, had a bag of emptys in the cab, and a half drank one.
The detached trailer looks like the force has ripped everything from the tractor, it looks like his ramps are on the bottom of the trailer, certainly some twisted metal.

That was on Dave a couple of weeks back, they said he was perfectly lucid and coherent, but even his sweat reeked of alcohol, must have never stopped drinking, he’d got something like 9 empty cans of Special Brew in a bag, half drank one in his cup holder fizzing away, and another 6 to go at.

Tried to cover it up buy chewing airwaves. Knob

That absolutely beggars belief. He should be on his knees giving thanks that he never injured or killed someone