Driver Facing Cameras in Cabs

muckles:

Freight Dog:

The-Snowman:
What we are slowly seeing creeping in is the establishment brain washing to ensure a generation of sheep who will bend over and accept any erosion of their rights because “if youre doing nothing wrong youve nothing to fear”.
And whats more, they parrot this mince and somehow think it makes them intelligent

That’s the approach the Stasi took :smiley: . I reckon we’re more surveilled now than those folk were. Difference is, it’s for “good reasons” (yeeeah right!) and it’s not one entity, it’s every man and his dog. Actually there are dog cameras.

But as the Stasi found out, doesn’t matter how much you have control over your people, they can still rise up and overthrow you.

Hopefully one day we’ll rise up and give our knobs a bashing. :laughing:

Yeah exactly! Bash those knobs :smiley: . I’ve added a stasis style true story to my post. Got me in the mood :smiley:

Gidders:
Freight Dog.My camera,like most others,records automatically an event involving sudden shock such as being rammed while parked or a collision while driving which requires no action from the driver.The sensitivity can be adjusted.

That’s sounds pretty cool. What would concern me is someone breaking the window to pinch it (the irony :laughing: ). Apparantly that happens quite a lot ha? Also where to put it in the window as not mad on sticky things showing through the glass. I did briefly look on google, saw one called a blackvue. Price is pretty mental though, 350 bar :astonished: .

Freight Dog:

Gidders:
Freight Dog.My camera,like most others,records automatically an event involving sudden shock such as being rammed while parked or a collision while driving which requires no action from the driver.The sensitivity can be adjusted.

That’s sounds pretty cool. What would concern me is someone breaking the window to pinch it (the irony :laughing: ). Apparantly that happens quite a lot ha? Also where to put it in the window as not mad on sticky things showing through the glass. I did briefly look on google, saw one called a blackvue. Price is pretty mental though, 350 bar :astonished: .

One of our lads has one where it replaces the plastic back of his rear view mirror. Practically invisible bar a small round lense. Bluetooths footage directly to his phone. If you care that much, I’ll get more details off him.

Captain Caveman 76:

Freight Dog:

Gidders:

One of our lads has one where it replaces the plastic back of his rear view mirror. Practically invisible bar a small round lense. Bluetooths footage directly to his phone. If you care that much, I’ll get more details off him.

That’s kind offer mate, before you go to the trouble doubt it would work as the back of the mirror is a bit strange in mine as it’s got some auto dimming thing built in

To-dashcam.jpg

philstar.com/technology/2017 … nomobile=1

Something like this, only his looked more discrete.

Captain Caveman 76:

philstar.com/technology/2017 … nomobile=1

Something like this, only his looked more discrete.

Ah I see. Yeah I def think it won’t work as there’s already a box in that place with some electric gubbins inside. Mm, shame that’s a good idea. Cheers for uploading.

mrginge:

IronEddie:

AndrewG:
Complete intrusion into a drivers workplace. Imagine the uproar of any other industry employees having a camera stuck in their face while at work. Even more dumbing down of the job no doubt soon to be under the BS umbrella of H&S… :unamused:

Other industries do. Work in any shop, bank etc etc and you’re being watched continuously by cctv.

I don’t give a monkies about being watched in the cab. For one I’m already watched in many places. Secondly I really am doing nout wrong so don’t have to worry. Thirdly whilst there is undoubtedly an element of the company snooping the footage might exonerate me in the event of an incident.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Newbie talk, excepting it already. My truck doesn’t even have a tracker on it and we successfully travel UK, Ireland and the EU. Company doesn’t even contact us for days sometimes as they assume everything is going to plan if the customer has not rung them up to tell them otherwise.

Agree. Give it a few years behind the wheel and his attitude will change.
We do have trackers now, even the O/D’s …but…as you are, we’re left totally alone and trusted to do the job. Excepting maybe a breakdown/ blowout ect i speak to the guys in the office only when handing the notes/docs in…

muckles:
Agreed absolutely horrific incident, but having a camera in the cab didn’t stop it happening, neither did the driver signing a document on that day or not long before, saying they wouldn’t use their phones while driving stop it happening.

Agree 100%

Accidents due to idiots like this driver will happen whether a camera is fitted or not… however if installing a camera is all it takes to save a life then they would be worthwhile fitting, are there any stats available to prove or disprove there effectiveness in reducing accidents?

It is a shame that they are even having to be considered but accidents like this make big news leading to demands that preventative action be taken which effects all drivers good and bad.

123smith:

muckles:
Agreed absolutely horrific incident, but having a camera in the cab didn’t stop it happening, neither did the driver signing a document on that day or not long before, saying they wouldn’t use their phones while driving stop it happening.

Agree 100%

Accidents due to idiots like this driver will happen whether a camera is fitted or not… however if installing a camera is all it takes to save a life then they would be worthwhile fitting, are there any stats available to prove or disprove there effectiveness in reducing accidents?

It is a shame that they are even having to be considered but accidents like this make big news leading to demands that preventative action be taken which effects all drivers good and bad.

Would they ■■■■ be worthwhile mate!!
I don’t watch ■■■■ when driving, use my phone, or drive ■■■■■■ so why tf should I suffer, and have absolute liberties taken for the ■■■■ whits who do all this stuff?
Sort them, dont impose even more limitations on the likes of me.
Police the situation, eradicate the possibility at grass roots by being more selective with Class 1 candidates, adapt zero tolerance policies on first time offenders such as a life ban. :bulb:

There are a couple on here who freely admit they do/would not mind them :unamused: , well you accept them, best of luck, but don’t chuck the babies out with the bath water by imposing the ■■■■ things on good responsible and professional drivers.

Ffs :unamused:

It comes down to trust, if you have to install driver facing cameras because you can’t trust your drivers not to do stupid stuff behind the wheel then you’ve completely fudged it as a boss. When I worked for a smaller family firm, the camera salesmen they got to install front facing cameras in all the trucks tired to peddle the driver facing ones too, my TM asked him where he could find 40 drivers in a few hours notice because all 40 wagons would still be in the yard Monday morning, sans drivers.

Where I work now, the inmates still run the asylum. If the bean counters were to try that nonsense then we would walk out. The current boss is trying to take back control but he’s meeting huge resistance.

You’ll never stop an idiot. I will admit I did use my phone while driving up until I saw that horrific crash where the two cars and the family were wiped out. I bought a decent Bluetooth earpiece and haven’t sinned since.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

As Britain apparently has the most cctv camera’s in the world is it any surprise these camera’s have started becoming popular?
i understand people not wanting them but if drivers do quit because of them there’s every chance the job they change to will still have them under surveillance, perhaps doing something they don’t enjoy as much?

Like it or not the world is a different place from when a lot of people started driving so you probably just have to make the best of a bad situation nowadays?

The-Snowman:
What we are slowly seeing creeping in is the establishment brain washing to ensure a generation of sheep who will bend over and accept any erosion of their rights because “if youre doing nothing wrong youve nothing to fear”.
And whats more, they parrot this mince and somehow think it makes them intelligent

+1
is that not the reasoning behind why adolf and stalins mobs were so successful ?

they are mass produced and cheap.they are a new fad similar to smartphones and the like.
they will be around now forever,
if the insurance tells the operator they will discount the insurance,then the operator will have them fitted.the insurance co or the operator have no concerns what the drivers thing apart from rare exceptions.
you will all bend over and take it other than the few with principals who will leave and go elsewhere until they eventually die off or leave the profession to the next generation of kebab meat in the seat.
how many of you will get one as a xmas present this year?
lemmings,lemmings,lemmings.

dieseldog999:

The-Snowman:

+1
is that not the reasoning behind why adolf and stalins mobs were so successful ?

The origins of the phrase

If you Have Nothing To Hide You Have Nothing to Fear

Seems to be unknown, but it’s often attributed to a speech by Joseph Goebbels in 1933.

Whatever it’s origins, its use and wiliness by so many to unthinkingly to repeat it, makes me think of the mantra’s peddled by emerging totalitarian regimes to brainwash their citizens and to persuade them that the new laws are to stop the subversives, not to curtail their freedoms.

Many companies over here have tried driver facing cameras but the protests have resulted in many having them removed now.

P Stoff:
You’ll never stop an idiot. I will admit I did use my phone while driving up until I saw that horrific crash where the two cars and the family were wiped out. I bought a decent Bluetooth earpiece and haven’t sinned since.

Good man. No-one is perfect and if you have changed your behaviour as a result of seeing the results of a selfish & dangerous practice, you should be congratulated.

Quick edit… I am perfect and it’s widely acknowledged that I am the UK’s favourite celeb driver. And the best…certainly better than all these hairy eared old fools that blabber on about an eaton split thing.

And certainly better than these other lot that think they are donkey’s, Superman, dog’s, etc…

muckles:
The origins of the phrase

If you Have Nothing To Hide You Have Nothing to Fear

Seems to be unknown, but it’s often attributed to a speech by Joseph Goebbels in 1933.

Whatever it’s origins, its use and wiliness by so many to unthinkingly to repeat it, makes me think of the mantra’s peddled by emerging totalitarian regimes to brainwash their citizens and to persuade them that the new laws are to stop the subversives, not to curtail their freedoms.

:laughing:

Agreed.

eagerbeaver:

P Stoff:

Quick edit… I am perfect and it’s widely acknowledged that I am the UK’s favourite celeb driver. And the best…certainly better than all these hairy eared old fools that blabber on

…while on the subject, just what is it with all the ear and nose hair?? Talking to a guy the other evening and he had what looked like a ZB ing bush growing out of each ZBing lug hole…

AndrewG:
Complete intrusion into a drivers workplace. Imagine the uproar of any other industry employees having a camera stuck in their face while at work.

The majority of workers in this country have CCTV covering them.