Cameras in cab?

Does anyone know where we stand on in cab dash cams facing the road & the driver? If I wanted to be filmed I would start my own youtube channel! Does a company need.your permission to film you while yourworking or can.they just do it?
Thanks!

hgvhgv:
Does anyone know where we stand on in cab dash cams facing the road & the driver? If I wanted to be filmed I would start my own youtube channel! Does a company need.your permission to film you while yourworking or can.they just do it?
Thanks!

Been said before, their trucks their choice plenty of staff get filmed at work in other jobs.
If it were me I’d be looking for a job elsewhere!

Take it out :sunglasses:

You are being filmed nigh on everywhere you go,with cctv :angry:

cypry0:
You are being filmed nigh on everywhere you go,with cctv :angry:

That is totally different. A lot of jobs your actions get filmed, like say bank cashiers for example but not pointing directly at your face, a step too far imo

I wouldn’t start a new job with a company that did this, far too intrusive.

Are you being flim all the time? i know a firm that have them but the are “crash cameras” they open the lense after harsh braking or studden speed so they are always on but off if you get it… I think its a good idea.

Plus just cover it up if your on a night out.

never been in a cab with one but if I did i would think the camera lens a great place to stick my post it note with direction one :laughing:

Dan_1986:
Are you being flim all the time? i know a firm that have them but the are “crash cameras” they open the lense after harsh braking or studden speed so they are always on but off if you get it… I think its a good idea.

Plus just cover it up if your on a night out.

No need to cover it up on a night out these cameras usually only work when ignition is on or vehicle is moving.

Yeah they are on constantly and anyone in the office can log in and view it remotly in real time! Where its mounted is now where my gloves sit!

Get one of these silicone masks made up in the image of your transport manager.

bazstan009:
Get one of these silicone masks made up in the image of your transport manager.

Lol what a brilliant idea!

where do you normally keep your piece box? right behind the camera by any chance? or if its a top of the screen camera, sun visors down at all times :wink:

Pick your nose and wipe it on the lense, might give them a message :laughing:
I would just quit myself.

I’d just wear a fox mask so nobody knew me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A Lady of the night in the cab would be good viewing mate :wink: :laughing:

A smear of vaseline on the lens would do the trick, every truck driver has vaseline in the cab, yes?
5th wheel grease would work well also.

I’ve heard of at least one company here in Canada having these things. I’d have no objection to a forward facing camera but one in the cab that faces the driver is beyond acceptable to me. I’d expect this sort of action from the Stasi but we don’t live in East Germany and when they behaved in this way we were the first to argue against it as the so called free west and now almost 25 years later we exceed even the wildest dreams of personal surveillance of the communist eastern block governments and yet many of us embrace it and ask for more with comments such as “If you’ve got nothing to hide, whats the problem?”…well I’d like to decide what I want to hide or not and I’d like not to be spied on on the job, being made to feel like a goldfish in a bowl. By the same token, those who think we’ve nothing to hide so its fine, would they also disclose their bank balance to the authorities or employer, or to random members of the public, or how about abandon the last piece of personal privacy and becoming a nudist so that nothing is hidden from the state and society as a whole.
While we’re at it, why don’t we just bend over and accept ID cards, universal finger printing, DNA database and perhaps even a microchip in the shoulder with GPS tracker, I mean, it wont be used against us unless we step out of line, so whats the problem, its not like humans ever make mistakes is it so whats to fear and who wants privacy and personal dignity anyway?

Chuck a snot wrag over it if they dont like it get another job or if you like the job drive along picking your nose all day it will make them borke

I just could not handle having one of these at all, if I want to pick my nose, talk to myself or have a Jodrell Bank, then that’s my private business and nobody else’s and certainly not some snotty university graduate half my age who has never done a productive day’s work in his life.

This is one of the main reasons I put my own truck on the road. I have a forward facing camera but that’s to protect me from accident-prone folk in Birmingham, Bradford etc, not to make me a chimp at the zoo.