Forward Facing Cameras,

All our fleet now have them installed so beware…

And you work for?

So your Boss has a ‘rear end fetish’ whatever, more a prob for you methinks best you back out of the office…

PPH:

And your telling us because?..

Ken.

We have them too but in a twist

Our place has a ban on cameras on site as do when we go to certain locations.

its just for insurance purposes in the blame to claim

Quinny:

PPH:

Ken.

Its for the slip road slammers…

PPH:

Quinny:

PPH:

Ken.

Its for the slip road slammers…

so, are you insinuating that the members of this forum are the alleged ‘slip road slammers’?

i really do hope you have evidence to back up your outlandish claim :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No problem with forward facing cameras at all. I have my own that I use. It has saved my job/reputation a few times.

Just put one in mine, hope I never need it.

Is there a requirement to have a sign saying there is a camera on board?

F-reds

if you record audio you must inform anyone that they are being recorded, but video needs no consent! I fitted video cameras on the H A vehicles at LFE, we were advised by the legal bods not to fit cameras with microphones!

trubster:
No problem with forward facing cameras at all. I have my own that I use. It has saved my job/reputation a few times.

A few times? How many accidents do you have lol

They want to put driver facing cameras in vehicles. Already happened on many buses and coaches so watch out. Not a laughing matter.

Young_AL:

trubster:

A few times? How many accidents do you have lol

Lol… I didn’t word that quite right did I?

I have not had an accident per se., I have had 2 minor damages about 4 years ago but nothing since.

I was referring to the 2 separate times I have “shot a load” while carrying liquid in cans / bottles and been brake tested, both times completely unavoidable and the only thing I could have done was “Jammed on”, fortunately no contact between the vehicles were made. Ironically they were both near petrol stations, 1 was a ■■■ that decided in 75 yards he wanted to go from lane 2 to lane 1 and slow to about 10mph to pull in to the garage.

The other was (in my opinion) an attempted “crash for cash”. Same sort of thing as the last one but this time it was a car and horse box with no brake lights or indication… 100 yards lane 2 to lane 1 and slams on with no warning at all.

Obviously restacking a load of cans is a costly exercise and without a doubt if the camera footage was not there, I would have been banned from that job. Simples.

So the camera has more than paid for itself and is in the windscreen every time I am out.

I would object to a driver facing camera.

I was referring to the 2 separate times I have “shot a load”

Bet your pleased there wasn’t an inside camera fitted looking at driver! :wink:

Cruise Control:

Not really as I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I just don’t agree to the driver facing ones, especially when you are on breaks or daily rest.

trubster:

Cruise Control:

Not really as I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I just don’t agree to the driver facing ones, especially when you are on breaks or daily rest.

Definitely not but will we have a choice. My mate got done for checking his phone while driving. He wasn’t texting but passengers and the CCTV had him bang to rights.

daveb0789:
They want to put driver facing cameras in vehicles. Already happened on many buses and coaches so watch out. Not a laughing matter.

Do they actually point directly at the driver or are they more mounted above the signalling window to catch the inevitable passenger/driver arguments?

When I was on the buses they all got fitted with anti-assault screens. Some drivers hated them but I thought they were great things. Kept the idiots in a position they couldn’t get at you, spit, sneeze on you, etc.

trubster:

Cruise Control:

l.ol. think about it fella :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

trubster:

Cruise Control:

Whoosh! :grimacing:

DrivingMissDaisy:

trubster:

Cruise Control:

Whoosh! :grimacing:

PMSL, after scratching my head for a few mins I finally got there… lol

“Ill get my coat” :smiley: