Forward Facing Cameras,

Olog Hai:

daveb0789:
They want to put driver facing cameras in vehicles. Already happened on many buses and coaches so watch out. Not a laughing matter.

When I was on the buses they all got fitted with anti-assault screens. Some drivers hated them but I thought they were great things. Kept the idiots in a position they couldn’t get at you, spit, sneeze on you, etc.

I hated it when they introduced screens. It made it difficult to hear people clearly which seemed to make for more conflict. I also liked that the option was there for me to be able to defend myself if attacked.

Ocado has had 360 deg. cameras fitted for the last 5 years in all vans an hgvs at all sites with microphones , on your breaks you can cover them up , they only go onto record under harsh breaking or sudden swerves etc. they have a trembler fitted, they reportedly saved a million pounds on their insurance in the first year. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Like this one :

youtu.be/_SQbbXenHbk

m1cks:

Olog Hai:

daveb0789:
They want to put driver facing cameras in vehicles. Already happened on many buses and coaches so watch out. Not a laughing matter.

When I was on the buses they all got fitted with anti-assault screens. Some drivers hated them but I thought they were great things. Kept the idiots in a position they couldn’t get at you, spit, sneeze on you, etc.

I hated it when they introduced screens. It made it difficult to hear people clearly which seemed to make for more conflict. I also liked that the option was there for me to be able to defend myself if attacked.

Can see why that would be the case, but I thought struggling to hear people was a price worth paying if it meant the smackheads and other scum (of which there is a lot where I used to work) were unable to spit and whatever at you.

I think in places like London, Glasgow and so on it is an agreement with the unions that buses can’t be used in service without anti-assault screens.

captain62:
if you record audio you must inform anyone that they are being recorded, but video needs no consent!

Why would that be ? Is there some legal basis for this assertion?

I’m a bus driver.
Camera on me all the time.

I have a cheap camera fitted in my car as well.

Cruise Control:

I was referring to the 2 separate times I have “shot a load”

Bet your pleased there wasn’t an inside camera fitted looking at driver! :wink:

Now that’s funny as #### :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: