Driver cpc test?

Greetings people, a little advice if you can regarding the CPC case studies test. I booked all 3 tests then cancelled the CPC because I got in a muddle and thought it was part of the theory test revision (oops) Now I can’t get a slot till the end April! I’ve already paid for a course and the other CPC part, can I do the case studies after passing my practical test?

Pandion:
Greetings people, a little advice if you can regarding the CPC case studies test. I booked all 3 tests then cancelled the CPC because I got in a muddle and thought it was part of the theory test revision (oops) Now I can’t get a slot till the end April! I’ve already paid for a course and the other CPC part, can I do the case studies after passing my practical test?

After which practical test- LGV C or MOD4 :question:

Going to assume LGV C test so the answer is yes you can do Mods 2 and 4 afterwards
Remember you cannot drive any LGV commercially until you have passed mod 4

ROG:

Pandion:

After which practical test- LGV C or MOD4 :question:

Going to assume LGV C test so the answer is yes you can do Mods 2 and 4 afterwards
Remember you cannot drive any LGV commercially until you have passed mod 4

Yeah sorry I meant the driving practical. I have a C course and mod 4 training/test waiting to be booked and would like to get it done then sit my CPC case studies after to save time.

Thank you

You cannot do mod 4 before mod 2

Maybe I’m best of cancelling my package and doing my training/test then the CPC separately. I didn’t realise it was going to be such ball ache getting in to sit tests and the amount of studying from books which I struggle with.

There’s no reason for you to alter your training. Assuming you pass Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception you can go ahead and take your practical training and test without problem.

You can sort the driver cpc at any time, but as ROG has said, you will not be able to drive for a living until you’ve completed it.

Many folks make mistakes like this so don’t worry about it.

I suggest you cast around to see if you can get an earlier Mod 2 test. If your trainer conducts Mod 4 in house then, provided you pass Mod 2 before you start your driving course, you should be able to get the Mod 4 done alongside the driving course.

It’s obviously to late for the OP, but it’s worth noting that reputable trainers will normally look after the whole process for you. This saves this situation developing.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
There’s no reason for you to alter your training. Assuming you pass Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception you can go ahead and take your practical training and test without problem.

You can sort the driver cpc at any time, but as ROG has said, you will not be able to drive for a living until you’ve completed it.

Many folks make mistakes like this so don’t worry about it.

I suggest you cast around to see if you can get an earlier Mod 2 test. If your trainer conducts Mod 4 in house then, provided you pass Mod 2 before you start your driving course, you should be able to get the Mod 4 done alongside the driving course.

It’s obviously to late for the OP, but it’s worth noting that reputable trainers will normally look after the whole process for you. This saves this situation developing.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter I have my training and test paid up with your company from the offers in January. I was hoping to do an all in package with you but was advised it’s best to sort out the other parts myself as I live in Kent. It’s all got a bit disjointed since then and I admit to being better in a classroom or practical environment than studying through reading alone. I’ll keep checking the test centres for cancellations as I’ve got 3 within 50 odd road miles from my home.

Thanks for the encouragement!

It’s a really good plan to chase round for a Mod 2 before your practical training under these circumstances. Such a pity you didn’t make a quick call to the office before cancelling - - - but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Get on it now; I’ll keep an eye during the evening and hope to hear you’ve got it sorted. (Which is a lot more than Brexit is apparently after tonight’s vote - but we wont go there haha).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
It’s a really good plan to chase round for a Mod 2 before your practical training under these circumstances. Such a pity you didn’t make a quick call to the office before cancelling - - - but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Get on it now; I’ll keep an eye during the evening and hope to hear you’ve got it sorted. (Which is a lot more than Brexit is apparently after tonight’s vote - but we wont go there haha).

I’ll keep checking the gov site but what difference would phoning the office make before cancelling a test I hadn’t studied for? Is the Mod 2 that easy?

what difference would phoning the office make before cancelling a test I hadn’t studied for? Is the Mod 2 that easy?

Few folks really study for Mod 2. The information from the multiple choice test is regurgitated into Mod 2 to a great extent. A call to the office would have put your mind at rest, hopefully, and perhaps you wouldn’t have cancelled.

But that’s history. What’s important now is to get it sorted. Just a thought: if you cant get a test before you start your practical training with us, take a look at test centres at Mansfield, Chesterfield, Nottingham and even Derby during the period you’re with us. You might be able to get it done that way. (I’m assuming you’re with us a few days, but if you’re doing a weekend this wont work).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

what difference would phoning the office make before cancelling a test I hadn’t studied for? Is the Mod 2 that easy?

Few folks really study for Mod 2. The information from the multiple choice test is regurgitated into Mod 2 to a great extent. A call to the office would have put your mind at rest, hopefully, and perhaps you wouldn’t have cancelled.

But that’s history. What’s important now is to get it sorted. Just a thought: if you cant get a test before you start your practical training with us, take a look at test centres at Mansfield, Chesterfield, Nottingham and even Derby during the period you’re with us. You might be able to get it done that way. (I’m assuming you’re with us a few days, but if you’re doing a weekend this wont work).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sound advice. I’ll speak to your office tomorrow regarding availability and try to tie it all in together. The course is residential all week so fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Speak with Tracey and mention that I suggested it would be a good idea for you to call and get it sorted.

Hopefully it can be made to work.