CPC Advice - Cat C

Hi guys,
I’m hoping someone can give me a little advice on CPC training for Cat C.

I have completed my Theory and Hazard perception test but when I tried to book the CPC case studies when logged on to the .gov web site there was no option for this.
After contacting the relevant people several times and getting no where it now appears that I have acquired rights for C1 so have to book over the phone as they say the computer system has not been set up for drivers with acquired rights.

In the meantime I have booked my practical training and test.
Could someone explain if I need to do my CPC Case study before the practical or can I do this after…
If I don’t complete the case studies before the practical will I then have to complete the whole 35h training instead.

I really hope this makes sense and sorry if its a basic question but bit confused.
:confused:
Many thanks
Dave

No u don’t need to do the cpc before your practical driving test and it’s up to you wish route you go down rather the cpc theroy test mod 2 and cpc practical test mod 4 or just do the 35hr training it’s upto u

Thanks for reply,
That’s good new as will save a lot of cash (if I had to complete the 35h training).
I just thought from what I read it had to be done in a specific order.

Cheers
Dave

Find out if your trainer is approved to give you credits for your cpc from your driver training. If yes, then either take them and then make up the 35 hours with other courses OR complete Mods 2 and 4 BEFORE you pass your CAT C. Then still get the credits for the LGV training and this will go towards the cpc period 2016 - 2021. But it only works this way around.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with Mods 2 and 4. Too many delays and faffing about. But it’s up to you of course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would agree with Peter - if it’s not appearing on the booking site then it’s really not worth going down the CPC mod 2 & 4 route. Much better to do your 35 hours as mentioned by Peter.

If you have a pre-97 licence then the process works thus (post 97 licences have non of this hassle):

• Contact Pearsons by phone to book your CPC mod 2 (avg 45 min wait on phone).
  • Pearsons take 10 days to ask DVLA if you have a pre 97 licence (even though you obviously do).
  • Pearsons take another 10 days to tell you to call them about the result.
  • Spend another 45 mins on phone again to be told you can book the mod 2.
  • Wait 3 weeks for the next booking date.

If you do the 35 hours route, you bypass all of this and your blood pressure is significantly lower, plus you probably learn a heck of a lot more. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this information and advice guys, just what I needed to know, I had a feeling Pearsons were going to be hassle anyway.
I shall initially try booking through Pearsons but will also have a chat with my training provider about credits to keep both options open.

I think the 35 hour course may well be more beneficial from a newbie learning point of view so will keep it in mind but does mean an extra week of work and more cash up front but probably well worth doing from a confidence point of view…

I got the distinct impression Pearsons did not really understand the process themselves as my emails and phone calls prior to xmas were going around in circles and got a bit stupid which is why I’m asking question here.

Wish me luck and thanks again for all the advice

Good luck, and you’re welcome :smiley:

Goldilox:
Good luck, and you’re welcome :smiley:

What did you do? :open_mouth:

Waltzing in here trying to take all the credit, typical bloody …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

Well I got half of it right :stuck_out_tongue: