CPC test and studying

ayup,

I’m studying at the moment for my theory, hazard and CPC. Theory and hazard are fine, all mocks I’m passing. With the date looming closer, I’m really struggling with the CPC. Out of all my case studies, I seem to be passing maybe 1-2 out of 7. Using drivingtheory4all.co.uk and it seems to be a good all in one learning platform.

I’m wondering if it’s just me, or if anyone else here struggled with the CPC case studies part of the test more so as well? If you did, what helped to get your head around it all?

Most of it will be familiar questions that crop up on multiple choice test. They do give a couple of harder ones on the CPC. My advice is study the Official LGV Driving Manual and the Highway Code as you will find everything you need in there. You can practice CPC questions (not the actual ones obviously) from various places if you want to pay for it but not really necessary. Those sources won’t prepare you for the occasional hard question. A thorough reading of the manual/highway code will cover ANYTHING they could ask you. Don’t neglect some of the material just because you think they won’t ask you about it e.g. age group who have the most accidents, colour of cats eyes on motorway slip road

Most importantly don’t panic if you get a hard question first. Move on and come back to it later. Most questions will be pretty easy but you’ll have to think a bit harder for some of them and you don’t want to be rushed for time when you ponder those, so get the easy ones out of the way first.

Multiple choice for the mod 2 theory so you will usually find that 2 answers will be easily discounted leaving you with 2 possibilities
Use your theory and driving goods vehicle books to research the correct answer and the reason why as that will stick in your mind