Do you need your photo card for on line CPC course?

I’m supposed to have an online CPC session on Saturday but my photo card is winging its way to Swansea as I’ve just done my 5 yearly medical .
Do I need it to show course leader or will tacho card do?

Check the identity of drivers

You must check the identity of all drivers using one of these forms of photo ID:

• a photocard driving licence
  • a valid passport
  • a digital tachograph card
  • a Driver CPC card (also known as a ‘driver qualification card’ or ‘DQC’)

Tacho card is fine, they just need to see something that is “in date” and with your driving licence number on it, or if everything was out of date, a valid passport and one of the out of date IDs.

Yep , and expiry dates of catagories

Just checked the online licence checker and my HGV categories have been updated already :astonished:
So could have my licence back soon

Fella on a course I did other week was new pass had no licence etc back yet. And they were happy with his passport as id.

And how are they going to upload his hours to the DVSA database if they don’t have his driving licence number? If it was a pop-up outfit they might not have encountered that problem yet, and it will bounce back on them and the driver, who should be able to trust them to do their job properly

I did my courses with enterprise you have to register your details license number when you book the courses.
Then on day of the course show your card as id proof it’s you doing the course not some one else.
As said fella on course provided his number when booked.but on the day his licence hasn’t come.back. and they accepted his passport as proof it was him on the courses

As long as he was able to give them his correct licence number, that would work, but in my experience, course providers like to copy an original, even if out of date, ID so they can be 100% sure the number they’ve got is correct.