CPC Problem

I know this is an old thread but I am looking up about CPC cards and I gather from this info it will just arrive.

I have just sent off my taco application form can I ask how long other people have had to wait for their digi card? Thanks

Normally just a few days.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you.

I suppose the frantic wait for the cards is a normal part of any new drivers life. The whole process feels like it has taken years!

LFO:
I know this is an old thread but I am looking up about CPC cards and I gather from this info it will just arrive.

Only if you have done the 35 hrs dcpc training or initial mod 2 & 4

LFO:

I have just sent off my taco application form can I ask how long other people have had to wait for their digi card? Thanks

You can apply for your Digital Tachograph Card at any time after you have your provisional C license. Not sure if you can apply before that, but I know several people that got theirs before passing their C test.

Hi there all
Yesterday i passed my CPC module 4 and was then told by the examiner that i had to send my pass certificate for my module 4 along with my driving test pass certificate for my class c off to the DVLA to receive my driver CPC card, i said that i thought that card was issued automatically on completion of all four modules, but he said that because i had done my driving test first before the module 4 that i had to send all the pass certificates off to receive my card.
Just wondered if anyone on here has any information on this that could help me

PS BIG THANKS FOR THE FLAIRS LGV TRAINING WEBSITE LINKS AS THAT REALLY HELPED ME PASS THE CPC MODULE 4, I HAD A DAYS TRAINING BUT IT WAS PANTS, I SHOULD HAVE JUST SAVED MYSELF £279 AND DONE THE HARD WORK MYSELF.

Hi,

This is an interesting post. According to the DSA examiners at Guildford you do this.

Send of your blue module 3 test pass certificate along with both parts of your licence to DVLA.

KEEP YOU MODULE 2 AND MODULE 4 (ORANGE CERTIFICATE) WITH YOU AND DO NOT SEND TO ANYONE. DVLA WILL ISSUE YOUR DRIVING LICENCE AND THE DSA EXAMINER WILL NOTIFY (ELECTRONICALLY) THE DVLA THAT YOU HAVE PASSED.

I know it can be confusing but this from the horse’s mouth!

Well done on passing it. Now you will be subject to periodic Driver CPC training.

OK…it gets more interesting. i have just been on the phone for over 1/2 hour to DSA. Apparently you send only both parts of your licence and keep both the module 3 and 4 certificates (orange and Blue).

This is nuts
I got told both pass certificates Module 3 and 4, both parts of my driving license and the green score sheet from my module 4 test. and that under no circumstances im i to drive for hire and reward until i receive the card.
Then when i rand the DSA this morning she told me not to bother coz it will be issued automatically, i quote DSA pass results the the DVLA then they issue the CPC card in up to 15 working days.
Why don’t they just issue a temporary card so people can crack on and start doing the job they trained for, its so frustrating.
It seems to me that the hole CPC thing has been very poorly introduced, no one seems to know the correct advice to give…

All your comments and advice are greatly appreciated by the way.

PS im so looking forward to the periodic Driver CPC training if the first round of training is anything to go by.

Yes it is very confusing. These government agencies have given no thought into the process involved. They have pretty much left it to the training companies to sort this mess out for them.
There is no text on any government website about what you do and where you send your forms off and if you can drive straight away. A complete farce.
You watch…it will get better before it gets worse.

www.hgvlgvtraining.co.uk

Just got off the Phone from the DSA and got through to the CPC department and they say it will automatically be issued because my instructor from my CPC module four test will have to notify them that Ive passed and hey presto 15 working days later i will have my CPC card or not im thinking.
I will keep you all posted as to the outcome.

Last week I did 7 hrs of my periodic dcpc & still waiting for my card to come through but I wont hold my breath with DVLA

animal…don’t get confused here. I think we are discussing initial Driver CPC and not periodic. You won’t get a Driver CPC card until you have completed all 35 hours. If you have completed a 7 hour course and not completed the 35 then you will only have a certificate from the training company who delivered your training. Those who pass mods 1,2,3 and 4 of the initial Driver CPC will get a Driver CPC card.

DVLA won’t issue the Driver Qualification Card (driver cpc) until there is a valid licence in place for the category. I have a member of staff in the office who is in the process of collecting all the licences for himself. He passed his Mod 2 and Mod 4 for PCV a couple of months back but he won’t get his DVQ card until he passes his Mod 3 (driving test). Once that has been notified, if the system operates correctly, his DQC card should arrive within a couple of weeks.

Sean, I think it’s clear that a driver cannot drive (in the normal sense of the word and without making use of the stated exemptions) unless he carries his DQC with him. Therefore it follows that there is no question about this. He cannot drive on the driver cpc pass certificate as I understand it. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter
Sorry i think you have miss understood, i was told that because i passed my cpc Module 3 category c ( Rigid ) driving test and then after did my cpc module 4 that i had to send my certificates and both parts of my license off, this is what i was told by my examiner on completion of my cpc module 4 test and i said that i thought it was issued automatically on completion of all 4 modules in any order ( which i have done ) but he said that because i had taken my Module 3 first ( driving test ) and module 4 ( Practical show me tell me 30 mins test ) after i had to send all details off ei test pass certificates ect, or i wouldn’t receive my CPC card that entitles me to drive legally.

After many phone calls to DSA and DVLA it seems that it doesn’t matter which order you do them just as long as all 4 modules are completed within to 2 years time frame and then they will issue the cpc card within 15 working days, it just didn’t seem right that the instructor told me to send all my certificates off.
I know there is a bit of confusion with regards to CPC cards being issued automatically and people sending there details off, also the different advice being given at test centers from examiners and trainers also.

Time will tell, 14 days and counting…

hello SNIZ808

I am assuming from reading the posts that you done both Mod 3 and Mod 4 either on the same day or within a few days of each other with Mod 3 (driving test) being passed first.

For this reason the examiner would not have been able to take your licence off you and send it off for you when you passed the Mod 3 because you would not have had your licence present at the start of the Mod 4 test.

Because of this you now hold both certificates (the blue driving pass and the Red CPC pass)

You must now send off both parts of your driving licence along with the Blue certificate only. Remember to sign and date the certificate and send them to the address on the back at the DVLA.

Once they have updated your licence to show a Cat ‘C’ pass your CPC card will automatically be issued.

You definately do not have to send off the Red CPC pass cert.

In case of further problems there is a National CPC helpline. This is 0191 201 8112

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards

John
Flair Training

Hi John
Yes ive completed all parts to the CPC ( 4 modules )
I had my category updated on my license to show Category C prior to the CPC module 4 test and did both tests within 3 weeks of each other, mod 3 then mod 4, the examiner toke both parts of my license on Module 3 ( Driving Test ) and sent them off for me.
Thanks for the number john, i will give them a bell today and confirm what i have to do, also the ebook on your website really helped me pass my Module 4 and a good insight in to what to expect on your test day so thanks, a very comprehensive look at the hole cpc module 4 and a good read in itself if you have already completed the four modules. there is reading and study material for all the other modules but Module 4 seems to be a bit of a shot in the dark so thanks. as i said in a previous post my days training for the module 4 test was shocking, it didn’t tell me anything i didn’t already know or had learnt on the other modules.

Thanks for all the info on this one everyone its much appreciated.

Ok,

Sorry to confuse the issue even further.

But John, according to the DSA and my investigations you are wrong. Once completion of passing module 3 has been achieved you send only both parts of your licence AND NOT the blue pass certificated. I was on the phone with DSA for over 1/2 yesterday confirming this. But, as always I am open to be corrected.

ALSO once you have passed modules 1,2,3 and 4 you will be issued with your DCPC qualification card.

You do can start driving professionally with immediate effect and you DO NOT have to wait till your DCPC qualification card comes through from the DVLA. Keep your orange and blue certificates for confirmation if stopped by the VOSA people.

THE DSA and DVLA need to put this information in writing somewhere for guidance

hgvlgvtraining:
animal…don’t get confused here. I think we are discussing initial Driver CPC and not periodic. You won’t get a Driver CPC card until you have completed all 35 hours. If you have completed a 7 hour course and not completed the 35 then you will only have a certificate from the training company who delivered your training. Those who pass mods 1,2,3 and 4 of the initial Driver CPC will get a Driver CPC card.

No not getting confused at all as I do know the difference between them tbh