CPC Problem

Now i really am confused, but good to know that i don’t need to wait for the CPC card to arrive, and you are right on about putting something in writing somewhere so poeple know where they stand on this matter… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Very confusing this is Sean

Are you saying that if for some reason the candidate does not hand his licence to the examiner upon passing the driving test and elects to apply for the full entitlement himself that he only needs send the photocard and counterpart parts of his licence off to the DVLA. How would DVLA know what reason he had sent them for if the blue pass certificate was not also enclosed?

As for the DL25 (test report sheet) It is in 3 parts, A,B and C. If the examiner puts a cross in the licence received box and indicates a Pass result then at the end of each day the Part ‘A’ sheets are put into an enveloppe and sent to the DSA at Newcastle. From here the information is electronically transmitted to DVLA and a full licence is issued. Only papers where the candidate has handed the licence to the examiner are treated this way. The old licence is shredded immediately in the examiners office.

All part B papers are retained at the test centre irrespective of test result. The reverse side of DL25 part B has a space for the examiner to write a full test report that the candidate does not normally see. This contains details of things like weather and traffic conditions etc. All serious marks are detailed in the event of a query from the candidate at a later date.

Part C is handed to the candidate.

The DVLA is therefore unaware of any Passes unless it either receives details from the DSA (as described above) or receives both parts of a licence along with a test pass certificate.

Perhaps different test centres act differently but you would imagine not.

Time this mess was sorted out properly though

Regards

John

I agree John,

It is confusing which is why I spent a long time with the DSA and went through the full procedure. And I did not get off the phone to them until I had this verified and verified again as a) I don’t want to give misleading info and b) so as I can pass this info onto you guys.

The blue and orange certificates are confirmation you have passed the mods 3 and 4 and should be retained by the candidate in case they are stopped and need to provide documentation to confirm they have passed mods 3 and 4. It is only the licence (both parts) that are sent to DSA.

The examiner notifies DVLA / DSA electronically after the candidate passes their respective tests.

You can drive professionally the minute you pass mods 1,2, 3 and 4.

I asked the DVLA and DSA was this information / procedure written down anywhere so people can verify and access it for themselves. Guess what. No! And from what I can gather it won’t be soon.

I was covering a module 4 test on Saturday and the examiner said the candidate keeps the orange certificate and sends to DVLA the blue certificate and both parts of his licence. So the examiners are giving misleading information too. I don’t blame the examiner I blame to DSA and DVLA for not instructing examiners and everyone accordingly. This is people’s lively hoods we are talking about here.

Dear John and others,

I posted information on this thread concerning what to do with your licence and certificates once you have passed modules 3 and 4 of the Driver CPC examination.

I posted, what I thought at the time was correct and useful information. I spent a long time confirming with the DSA that the information I posted was factually true.

However. I have been contacted by Rog (used to post on this forum) to inform me I am incorrect and the process I quoted was wrong. In light of this I have written to the CEO of the DSA and DVLA asking for clarification and written confirmation of what the entire process should involve.

It does take a while for these agencies to respond and as soon as I hear back from them I will return to this thread and post what has been written. My intention has never been to mislead, just to advise students on how it is, based on the information given to me.
Until I hear back from these government agencies and if in any doubt may I suggest you contact the DSA or DVLA direct?

Kind regards
hgvlgvtraining

Hi there all
Right this morning i received my driver qualification card, that’s 7 days after completing my CPC module 4.
So this goes against everything that my examiner told me because he said for me to send off module 3 and 4 test pass certificates my green score sheet and both parts of my license, on ringing the DSA and DVLA regarding this matter they told me to hang fire and my card will be issued automatically which it has and what a lot of people thought was the correct process of obtaining the driver cpc card actually isn’t its just a case of waiting for the card to be issued regardless of in which order you do your modules either 3 then 4 or vice verse.
Can i just say i appreciate everybodys help in this matter on this forum and hope it can help people in future, or maybe the powers that be can issue some giudence for examiners, and all staff involved in the new CPC modules.
Now to the tricky matter of finding a job…SNIZ808…