Do you have to get your driver's card yourself?

Passed Cat C a while ago (trainer is quite busy at the moment so just twiddling my thumbs until I can do CPC 4) - but just wondering if I have to send off to get my driver’s card already (i.e. the plasticky thing you poke in the tacho). I just assumed that maybe you’re not issued it until CPC 4 is passed along with DQC. Is there any point in getting one yet, is there a different card once I’ve finished initial CPC?

Given I’m licensed for non-hire & reward, surely I can save a bit of time and get it now? Nothing has been mentioned from the training providers.

No connection between tacho card and cpc card. You need to apply for the tacho card so that you can start driving as soon as you’ve done Mod 4.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You can get a driver card now you don’t have to wait until you’ve done the DCPC.

Ideal, cheers. I was just a bit confused as to why it wasn’t mentioned by either my instructor or examiner, but it’s not their responsibility. I’ll get on that this afternoon, ta.

It took me about 2 bloody days to find my cheque book! Turns out that this is the second cheque I’ve ever written :unamused:

Question ! Can you get a taco card before you have passed the class c test ?

I’m just thinking ahead so I’m not waiting for it to come once I’ve passed !.

Lloydie:
Question ! Can you get a taco card before you have passed the class c test ?

Got a car licence? If yes, you can apply for the tacho card as its not exclusive to trucks, eg: some vans can use them. No class C required.

Great thank you [emoji106]

You can come under EU regs on a B licence if for example you get a commercial job driving a 3.5 transit towing a 750 kg MAM trailer which does not have a regs exemption that fits

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ll order one next week so when I pass my test I’ll have it ready to go once my licence comes back :slight_smile: