Online CPC

Have any of you done the cpc online courses? I have found some for £40 for a day with a well known driver agency
Now I could email or ring them but I have not committed to giving them my details yet,so I am asking on this forum for reviews on online
cpc first if that’s ok

Thank’s

Basically the only way to do it for the past 2.5 years.

Do you have to have the camera on and actually participate?

Largeperm:

If you turn the camera off you will be kicked off the course. It’s better doing in the comfort of your own home

Largeperm:

Yes.

Participation is a stretch. I got asked a question every now and again to keep me alive. The guy doing my course did say that if there was an evidence that someone wasn’t there he’d not put hours on.

If you didn’t have to participate and didn’t have to have the canera on how would anyone know you were there?

toonsy:

Largeperm:

Yes.

Participation is a stretch. I got asked a question every now and again to keep me alive. The guy doing my course did say that if there was an evidence that someone wasn’t there he’d not put hours on.

If you didn’t have to participate and didn’t have to have the canera on how would anyone know you were there?

What company did you use please?

Narc:

toonsy:

Largeperm:

Yes.

Driver Hire. No idea of cost as my old firm sorted it but knowing them it would have been the very cheapest option

toonsy:

Narc:

toonsy:

Largeperm:

Yes.

Driver Hire. No idea of cost as my old firm sorted it but knowing them it would have been the very cheapest option

Thank you

Narc:
Have any of you done the cpc online courses? I have found some for £40 for a day with a well known driver agency
Now I could email or ring them but I have not committed to giving them my details yet,so I am asking on this forum for reviews on online
cpc first if that’s ok

Thank’s

Are you talking Driver Hire? Did one last week with them when I was on holiday. Absolutely fine, actually thought it was better than classroom based. Person who took the course actually knew what she was on about, really knew which given it was the Drivers Hours and WTD modules is a bit of a rarity nowadays. Did mine on an evening which is spread over two 3.5hr sessions on consecutive evenings which seemed much much better than spending a whole day doing it and as someone who works nights starting the training at 6pm was a whole lot better than trying to do it from 8am. Like the classroom based one you still get a 15 minute coffee break mid-module…about an hour and a half in in my case. 17 people doing it the nights I did it.

They use something called Webex for the online meeting. You get sent an email with a link to start the session, it opens up in a browser and away you go. There is an app for Android and iOS but its crap and you’re better off just doing it on a browser. If you lose connection during the session you just click on the link and start it again.

They do expect you to pay attention and to participate, there was one guy on mine clearly not and he got warnings and a private message he was about to be kicked off. Seems a bit strange at first with the participation thing if you’ve not done it before. For me I never used Zoom or any of that during lockdown and this was the first online meeting thing I’d ever experienced. There were a few characters in my session which got the participation thing going quickly though…I think how well that works depends on how willing those taking the course are to say anything.

It was good enough for me that I’m going to book with them again in a few weeks. I can see myself doing the remaining four days I’ve got to do online, it’s just better all round. No having to go travel to the training, it’s in the comfort of your own home in your favourite comfy chair instead of the crappy seats they all seem to have and for me spreading it over two evenings is way better than one long arse day.

Certificate is sent to you via email. Just checked online records and it’s been uploaded.

Conor:

Narc:
cpc first if that’s ok

Thank’s

Are you talking Driver Hire? Did one last week with them when I was on holiday. Absolutely fine, actually thought it was better than classroom based. Person who took the course actually knew what she was on about, really knew which given it was the Drivers Hours and WTD modules is a bit of a rarity nowadays. Did mine on an evening which is spread over two 3.5hr sessions on consecutive evenings which seemed much much better than spending a whole day doing it and as someone who works nights starting the training at 6pm was a whole lot better than trying to do it from 8am. Like the classroom based one you still get a 15 minute coffee break mid-module…about an hour and a half in in my case. 17 people doing it the nights I did it.

They use something called Webex for the online meeting. You get sent an email with a link to start the session, it opens up in a browser and away you go. There is an app for Android and iOS but its crap and you’re better off just doing it on a browser. If you lose connection during the session you just click on the link and start it again.

They do expect you to pay attention and to participate, there was one guy on mine clearly not and he got warnings and a private message he was about to be kicked off. Seems a bit strange at first with the participation thing if you’ve not done it before. For me I never used Zoom or any of that during lockdown and this was the first online meeting thing I’d ever experienced. There were a few characters in my session which got the participation thing going quickly though…I think how well that works depends on how willing those taking the course are to say anything.

It was good enough for me that I’m going to book with them again in a few weeks. I can see myself doing the remaining four days I’ve got to do online, it’s just better all round. No having to go travel to the training, it’s in the comfort of your own home in your favourite comfy chair instead of the crappy seats they all seem to have and for me spreading it over two evenings is way better than one long arse day.

Certificate is sent to you via email. Just checked online records and it’s been uploaded.

Thank you, that is all I needed to know!

I used EDRTT.Com

I will deffo do it online for my next lot.

Falcon JSDF:
I used EDRTT.Com

I will deffo do it online for my next lot.

that’s £50 a session ? Driver hire is £40 all in

Conor:

Narc:
cpc first if that’s ok

Thank’s

You have sold it to me Conor, I going to try the evening one next week. Question…slightly confused do you need to download any program to open up the link? I am not the brightest when it comes to computers. Going to use a pc, I have set up Zoom but never used it.

I used atlaslgvtraining.co.uk/

elsa Lad:
You have sold it to me Conner, I going to try the evening one next week. Question…slightly confused do you need to download any program to open up the link? I am not the brightest when it comes to computers. Going to use a pc, I have set up Zoom but never used it.

Should be able to do it in a browser and when you do there should be a popup where you have to give permission to access your microphone and webcam.

This is a link to the Webex application for Windows though

webex.com/downloads.html

Conor:

elsa Lad:
You have sold it to me Conner, I going to try the evening one next week. Question…slightly confused do you need to download any program to open up the link? I am not the brightest when it comes to computers. Going to use a pc, I have set up Zoom but never used it.

Should be able to do it in a browser and when you do there should be a popup where you have to give permission to access your microphone and webcam.

This is a link to the Webex application for Windows though

webex.com/downloads.html

Thanks for your help, just booked it

elsa Lad:
Thanks for your help, just booked it

If you’re doing the evening classes you’ll get emailed a link for the meeting early afternoon on each day, its a different link for each day. Click on the link in the email and it’ll take you straight to the meeting.

Thanks Conor, sounds easy enough…well to a normal person so I bet I ■■■■ it up :unamused: :laughing:

toonsy:

Largeperm:

Yes.

I did my last module with Enterprise back end of last year. Required to have a camera on at all times as the dude said people were watching. However me being tech savvy, took a still photo using my webcam of me sat at the desk, spent the whole day out and about on family things. 3 days later thinking I had wasted 40quid being out all day got my certificate via email. Have to say it was the best CPC course I have ever done!

tommymanc:

toonsy:

Largeperm:

Yes.

I did my last module with Enterprise back end of last year. Required to have a camera on at all times as the dude said people were watching. However me being tech savvy, took a still photo using my webcam of me sat at the desk, spent the whole day out and about on family things. 3 days later thinking I had wasted 40quid being out all day got my certificate via email. Have to say it was the best CPC course I have ever done!

The original waiting room guy.
:unamused: :unamused: