Online CPC

Narc:
The original waiting room guy.
:unamused: :unamused:

Sorry, your right it was Driver Hire, here is the image i used and the meta data created when the image was created.

No shame showing my face, if you see me around manchester airport or heathrow come say hi!

Edit, we don’t do waiting rooms in air freight!

Edit 2, removed my email :smiley:

Did my evening course over the last 2 nights (3½hrs per night) easy with a decent instructor.
Will be doing another course at the end of month with driver hire.
It far less painful than doing 7hrs in one go.

tommymanc:

Narc:
The original waiting room guy.
:unamused: :unamused:

Sorry, your right it was Driver Hire, here is the image i used and the meta data created when the image was created.

No shame showing my face, if you see me around manchester airport or heathrow come say hi!

Edit, we don’t do waiting rooms in air freight!

Edit 2, removed my email :smiley:

That’s had me laughing pal :laughing:

:laughing: Doesn’t say much for the numpty Driver Hire trainer, not interacting with you, not spotting that you were immobile for most of the day. If he was that inattentive I dare say you didn’t miss anything useful in his presentation.

Doing the two evenings over a full day would suit me much better however how do you book the date and time? On website it’s just pick a course and pay… no diary on the website?

Narc:

Falcon JSDF:
I used EDRTT.Com

I will deffo do it online for my next lot.

that’s £50 a session ? Driver hire is £40 all in

Summer sale of £39 now on.

Largeperm:
Doing the two evenings over a full day would suit me much better however how do you book the date and time? On website it’s just pick a course and pay… no diary on the website?

On Driver hire site, click on refine my search and look for evening class. There are 4 classes running at the end of month.

Falcon JSDF:

Narc:

Falcon JSDF:
I used EDRTT.Com

VR still beats them all, £35 a pop

Zac_A:

Falcon JSDF:

Narc:

Falcon JSDF:
I used EDRTT.Com

Who is VR?

Zac_A:

Whats the quality of the session like? When I’ve ended up going to the cheapest providers the agency could find when they were paying for it it was just an utter waste of time. Nowt learnt because the guy who was giving it who used to be a driver who decided to start a driving school was like those saddo security guards who bang on about when they used to drive the big uns so all we had was 7hrs of his stories and prattling on about all that is wrong about the DCPC. Quite ironic given how much money he was making from it. When I paid for my own that was run by the commercial arm of Harrogate University it was an entirely different thing, for example their first aid course was delivered by an ambulance service paramedic, winter and adverse weather driving by someone who’d been a gritter driver for years…

If I’ve got to do it I want to at least get some benefit from it.

Narc:
Who is VR?

VR Recuitment, based in Hamilton, Scotland, so shandy drinking southerners may need subtitles, y’ken jimmeh! :laughing:
vr-services.co.uk/tag/dcpc/

youtube.com/watch?v=luuA6bEoQIE

Narc:

Zac_A:

Falcon JSDF:

Narc:

Falcon JSDF:
I used EDRTT.Com

Who is VR?

I dunno, Google “vr CPC” [emoji848]

vr-services.co.uk/category/training/

There’s some good reviews of it on here.

Conor:

Zac_A:

Whats the quality of the session like?

When I’ve ended up going to the cheapest providers the agency could find when they were paying for it it was just an utter waste of time. Nowt learnt because the guy who was giving it who used to be a driver who decided to start a driving school was like those saddo security guards who bang on about when they used to drive the big uns so all we had was 7hrs of his stories and prattling on about all that is wrong about the DCPC. Quite ironic given how much money he was making from it. When I paid for my own that was run by the commercial arm of Harrogate University it was an entirely different thing, for example their first aid course was delivered by an ambulance service paramedic, winter and adverse weather driving by someone who’d been a gritter driver for years…

If I’ve got to do it I want to at least get some benefit from it.

Truthfully, I have no idea how good they are, but I quite like their irreverent advertising (on FB), their man who posts them seems very personable and I’ve had a couple of exchanges with him/them which have been entertaining.

I’m 100% on board regarding quality (or more commonly, lack of). The whole scheme was implemented so badly that any Tom ■■■■ or Harry is allowed to do the job - Literally!
Hard to believe, but sadly true, at it’s basic level all that is required is for the training provider to send a letter to JAUPT “verifying” (without evidence) that Tom/■■■■/Harry has the skills and experience to deliver the course. Unbelievable isn’t it?

Incidentally, (and I know most people will not believe me) despite the common perception, there isn’t a shed load of money to be made from it, especially since the advent of remote courses & race to the bottom pricing. I deliver ADR for a training provider and I’ve seen the cost breakdowns for delivering both ADR and DCPC.

Like most commercial situations, observers look at the cost of their course, multiply it by the number of participants and come up with a gross figure, completely ignoring that the net figure is going to be very different.

I used to post suggestions that people should get recommendations for decent courses and trainers. But eventually I accepted that most drivers:
(i) don’t seem to think there’s any difference between one outfit and another,
(ii) that it’s all a load of garbage
(iii) that they already know everything and cannot possibly learn anything new - despite the constantly changing legislative landscape - and lastly
(iv) they’re just looking for the cheapest and most dodge-able option - like faking your attendance with a still image - top marks for creativity and sheer brass neck, and for entertainment value, but not a smart idea to fess up to it online

So I’ve “admitted defeat” and now I just lend a hand recommending VR, as at least people can save money with these guys and they seem to have a sense of humour about them.

The last time I needed to do a DCPC I specifically looked for someone who prided their self on a decent product, and for the first time I did actually learn things that were new and useful. I no longer need to worry about DCPC for myself (I’m good up to 2029 as I had the opportunity to get free courses) but as an ETM I make sure when my drivers need it, they go where they going to learn the things I need them to learn, with a trainer I know and trust

Dont do it!
I did my last one online.8 hours glued to a mobile phone screen ,not being able to take your eyes off the screen.Never again!

Yes, I dread the though of having to sit through yet-another-Zoom-meeting (arg! where’s the razor blades…)

Another thing about doing it online: the trainer should be very wary in case there’s an unexpected arrival of the dreaded Jaupt auditor, with remote courses they can log on at any time they like, just to try to catch people out (that’s just the kind of people they are :unamused: )

But, with classroom courses, they only very very rarely turn up late in the day, and usually only when some sloppy trainer is already “on their radar”, so you’ve a lot better chance of the trainer winding things up a bit earlier… :wink:

Reading a few reviews they all seem more boring than in a classroom. I’ve still not pulled the trigger :neutral_face:

Thank you though

Conor:

Narc:
Have any of you done the cpc online courses? I have found some for £40 for a day with a well known driver agency
Now I could email or ring them but I have not committed to giving them my details yet,so I am asking on this forum for reviews on online
cpc first if that’s ok

Thank’s

Are you talking Driver Hire? Did one last week with them when I was on holiday. Absolutely fine, actually thought it was better than classroom based. Person who took the course actually knew what she was on about, really knew which given it was the Drivers Hours and WTD modules is a bit of a rarity nowadays. Did mine on an evening which is spread over two 3.5hr sessions on consecutive evenings which seemed much much better than spending a whole day doing it and as someone who works nights starting the training at 6pm was a whole lot better than trying to do it from 8am. Like the classroom based one you still get a 15 minute coffee break mid-module…about an hour and a half in in my case. 17 people doing it the nights I did it.

They use something called Webex for the online meeting. You get sent an email with a link to start the session, it opens up in a browser and away you go. There is an app for Android and iOS but its crap and you’re better off just doing it on a browser. If you lose connection during the session you just click on the link and start it again.

They do expect you to pay attention and to participate, there was one guy on mine clearly not and he got warnings and a private message he was about to be kicked off. Seems a bit strange at first with the participation thing if you’ve not done it before. For me I never used Zoom or any of that during lockdown and this was the first online meeting thing I’d ever experienced. There were a few characters in my session which got the participation thing going quickly though…I think how well that works depends on how willing those taking the course are to say anything.

It was good enough for me that I’m going to book with them again in a few weeks. I can see myself doing the remaining four days I’ve got to do online, it’s just better all round. No having to go travel to the training, it’s in the comfort of your own home in your favourite comfy chair instead of the crappy seats they all seem to have and for me spreading it over two evenings is way better than one long arse day.

Certificate is sent to you via email. Just checked online records and it’s been uploaded.

Yes Conor. Driver Hire DCPC courses are excellent, very professional and value for money. I will be doing my refresher with them again. I’ve also heard good things about VR Service from friends who have used them. There really is no need to look or go anywhere else as they deliver everything you need for the cheapest possible cost.

I did some with Traxion training when isolating with Covid. I didn’t really relish the idea of doing it but got paid for doing it rather than sick pay and actually found it quite good.

Have also recommended them to a couple of other drivers who both said the courses were good.

Zac_A:
Yes, I dread the though of having to sit through yet-another-Zoom-meeting (arg! where’s the razor blades…)

Another thing about doing it online: the trainer should be very wary in case there’s an unexpected arrival of the dreaded Jaupt auditor, with remote courses they can log on at any time they like, just to try to catch people out (that’s just the kind of people they are :unamused: )

But, with classroom courses, they only very very rarely turn up late in the day, and usually only when some sloppy trainer is already “on their radar”, so you’ve a lot better chance of the trainer winding things up a bit earlier… :wink:

Oh God no, :unamused: I really can’t think of anything worse than having to sit in front of a ■■■■ screen for x no if hours having to endure all that crap, it would tip me over the edge.
I need to have an element of interest in order to concentrate on stuff, it’s just how I am by nature.
That is the reason I had 2 extremes while I was at school doing exams…excelled with flying colours in stuff I was interested in, but the class dunce in stuff I wasnt, no happy medium in between, either top marks in a subject, or fail miserably on another.
So not for me personally I’m afraid.

I ain’t being a clever smart arse by saying ‘‘I know it all’’ in the CPC syllabus either btw by any means, but I’ve been in the job long enough to to get by (and quite successfully so far tbh). on my strictly '‘need to know’ basis.
So no desire to go through all the crap again, but reluctantly accept that I have to in order to keep my job. :unamused:
Why tf can they not just have a 4 or so hour refresher course every 4 years…I know the answer btw, it is because it has become a lucrative business.
I don’t know about you lot but I have noticed no vast increase in ‘Professionally Competent’ drivers since this thing took off to prove it us working. :unamused:

Anyhoo…at least in a classroom there are distractions, to explore, .especially if you can blag it with your earphones in listening to the football or Bon Jovi. :smiley:

Either classroom based DCPC or online DCPC, ultimately it’s impossible to polish a turd.