Did you miss me?

Loving the job does not obligate driver to work in a terrible company.

This job is what you make of it.

If you like to drive it does not mean you MUST drive for terrible company.

Too many people justify poor conditions by simply not knowing there are better conditions elsewhere it is the same as if someone is saying me that all water taste the same because it’s just water… I once met a person like that in real life and we had an argument… his statement was that all water taste the same tap water, bottled water, evian… spring water… what ever… my argument was that I did not agree with that…

What is your opinion on the taste of water…? :slight_smile:

My example of Heverin had a … let’s say deeper thought in it… we have Heverin who gives Polish new 730s and pays trainees less than KREISS to ukrainians (KREISS is considered one of the worst companies in the region of EE it’s originated from) and in the same time people who know the game in the area also know that there is another company extremely close to Heverin which has guess how many Eastern Europeans…? Well… let’s say less that 3%… out of all drivers…
And this is how it is everywhere…

Water, San Pelligrinno with a twist of lemon or lime for me.

I know nothing about the companies you mention, so have nothing to add except that there have always been “all flash and no cash” companies. I’ve never worked for one, as much as I like lorries, it’s the wages that pay the bills, not how much HP is under the cab, although I have bought the biggest and best lorry I could afford. I bought an F16 when an FL10 could have done the job for instance, it cost twice as much to buy and the MPG was shockingly bad, but I still did ok with it and it only had an impact on my finances, so no harm done to anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Anyhow back on topic, as I BBQ beside the pool, was that you at Brandon Petro last Tues or Moosomin Coop Thurs ? Very similar Pete if not.

Not me mate, I was spared the delights of the TCH last week, a little trip to New Holland PA and then down to the Port of Baltimore MD to load a little lawn tractor for a poor expat lorry driver to do his back garden.

Got a run across the TCH this week though, Seattle bound with a couple of transformers.

Either your garden takes up a large portion of the plains,your incredibly lazy,or your just sticking it to all the poor UK people with their ‘handkerchief’ sized lawns and a motor mower. :smiley: :unamused:

hutpik:
Either your garden takes up a large portion of the plains,your incredibly lazy,or your just sticking it to all the poor UK people with their ‘handkerchief’ sized lawns and a motor mower. :smiley: :unamused:

[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Mike, I have a gardener to take care of agricultural duties at my place [emoji41]

■■■■,you got it tough out there. :laughing:

newmercman:
Hope the hip replacement goes well. That’s something I never thought I’d be saying to a mate lol. Finding drivers is nigh on impossible nowadays and finding good drivers is a real needle in a haystack job. I could put ten trucks on the road tomorrow if I could find drivers, but they don’t exist.

Hi Mark. Thanks for the good wishes on the hip. Arrived home from the hospital one week ago today. Still on a walker, physiotherapist says a cane this time next week and back driving (car).
This hip replacement isn’t the result of normal wear and tare, got kicked by a horse around age 11, serious fall off a Kawasaki KX400 at 19 and fell off the back of a trailer at 38. Never went to the hospital on either occasion and am now paying the price along with the knock on effects of my lower back, and knees.
Working hard on rehab, eager to get out and about again as I am not used to being stuck in doors.

Take it easy, Paul

I was housebound a few years ago when I busted my ankle during a fake fruit fight with the boy wonder, I pelted him with apples and oranges and he legged ot upstairs and returned fire, in an attempt to get away I fell down the last three steps and poggered my ankle. I went stir crazy after a couple of days.

It had a comic element to it though, it was just before Christmas so everywhere was icy and going out on crutches was lethal, my cast had open toes, so it was bloody freezing and I got the hump with them whilst shopping with the wife, so we got a wheelchair and she was pushing me around the shops and kept smashing into things and other people with my busted foot and then to top it off she left me in the middle of the mall with all the shopping piled in my lap and flounced off into a shop for twenty minutes while she tried on about 200 pairs of boots!

newmercman:
Not me mate, I was spared the delights of the TCH last week, a little trip to New Holland PA and then down to the Port of Baltimore MD to load a little lawn tractor for a poor expat lorry driver to do his back garden.

Got a run across the TCH this week though, Seattle bound with a couple of transformers.

Hi NMM, i’m not in any way implying you were doing anything dodgy and i may have got your itinerary wrong but did you pick up the tractor in the US and then deliver it in the US ?

Great looking Pete and yes i’m one of them old ■■■■■ that would drive it for less than megga wages just because it’s got straight pipes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I got the tractor in Baltimore and took it to Winkler, Manitoba. It was in bond through the US as it was made in Germany and shipped across the Atlantic, so all legal and honest.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I drove for Schneider Transport (STI) and knew a female driver trainer working for Schneider National (SNI) who lived in the States but was training a Canadian driver for a terminal they were setting up in Canada. I caught up with them on the NY Thruway and he was driving as the load originated in Canada going to ME but then they had to pick up a load of paper to deliver in MO so she said she would have to do all the driving as the load wasn’t going back to Canada.

I can see that if it was a Canadian truck with a Canadian driver but he was employed by an American company in an American truck. Just seems a tad nit-picky to me :unamused:

Or maybe she was having me on, it’s been done before :blush: :blush: :blush:

No that’s how it works, your eligibility to work in the US determines if you can do internals, trucks with a US DOT number can haul anything, anywhere, so long as they’re apportioned for the particular states, it’s the driver that can’t.

Thanks again.

remy:

newmercman:

Hi NMM, i’m not in any way implying you were doing anything dodgy and i may have got your itinerary wrong but did you pick up the tractor in the US and then deliver it in the US ?

Great looking Pete and yes i’m one of them old ■■■■■ that would drive it for less than megga wages just because it’s got straight pipes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A Claas tractor would be fairly rare about NA no■■?!!! :open_mouth:

Not now, they’re pushing them big time, CNH are huge over here and they’re all part of the same group and use the same mechanicals, so the back up is in place already.

Err, Claas aren’t part of CNH, in fact they are still family owned. They got into tractor building by buying Renault Agriculture and as far as I know although they are a German company and most product is built in Germany the tractors are still built in the old Renault plant in Le Mans. Most engines these days are bought from Daimler, so basically the same as current Detroit DD5, 7, 11 & 13.

Just some useless information.

The dealer I delivered it to told me that they are part of CNH and use IVECO engines. Maybe that’s a new thing or maybe he was talking ■■■■■■■■? I have no idea, I’m a city boy, I didn’t even know Renault made tractors!

jsutherland:
Ps
We did miss you. [emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I didn’t :smiley: