Check out my new ride

As much as i liked driving my old Pete i was really chuffed this week when i was given this new (to me) one. It was previously my bosses own truck and he has deceided to give it out as he is too busy in the office to drive it. Its another Pete but it’s a 2007 with extended hood. Best of all, its got a 600 bhp C15 Cat under the hood. The gearbox is an 18spd fuller like my old one.

It looks very dirty in those pictures as i had just run back from Toronto in the Snow but it looks fantastic when it’s cleaned and shined up. The interior is like a luxury motorhome and it has an auxillary power unit fitted. This is an independant diesel generator that provides A/C voltage to the sleeper like an inverter and also provides heating and air conditioning. It also charges the truck batteries and warms the engine block.

I havent been on a really long trip yet but tomorrow i am loading for California so i will really be able to find out how it pulls in the mountains. I have moved all my stuff into it so i just need to change my avatar now :laughing:

That looks pretty good for a US Truck, good to hear you have some luxury items too.

BTW, what does an extended hood (I know its the bonnet) do then ?

nice motor wire, couldn’t your boss remove his boots for you. :laughing: :laughing:

That motor is awesome! I dont suppose they come much better then that for comfort, nice colour to. Or I say color? :stuck_out_tongue:

Show off :laughing: :laughing:

Nice motor Mark, that dash needs some chrome though :wink:

It’s a huggy bear truck, a pimpmobile!!! :laughing:

try and stay in a straight line, won’t you mate. :wink:

Nice one Wire, more pics please.

Hi guys. Just got back this morning. One delivery near San Francisco and five collections in the California citrus growing valleys and back via the south through Nevada including Las Vegas. All good except for a bit of snow on the way there going over the I 80 Donner pass. The chain checkers were out in force but i just made it before they made them compulsory fitment. The truck went really well and i am well pleased with the bottom end pull compared to the C12 that was in my old one. The bigger displacement makes the Jake brake much more effective also.
On the whole i am really chuffed with the truck and wouldn’t swap it for anything at all.
Just going to enjoy a few days at home now.

No reset in Vegas Mark? You do know that if your playing a 5c slot machine a bird in her underwear will walk up & give you free beer :wink:

California, nice one mate, you timed it just right too, they got a big storm now & I-80 is closed in places, 3ft of ‘precipitation’ according to the weather channel!

I just run empty from Philly to Chicago, snow all the way through PA, 350 miles of opposite lock, that was fun :open_mouth:

I have never had time to have a reset yet in Vegas but maybe next time. I am going to park at that TA truckstop and get a taxi to the strip.
I was lucky to get over the Donner pass just in time also. I was thinking of the You tube video that was posted on here( uk professional drivers) last week and i saw the bend where that speeding truck went over the end. Scary stuff.

I love it Mark, can’t wait till I get my next one.

Nice truck Wire,always liked going over the Donner Pass,though it’s mostly because it means I getting the out of California . :smiley: One of these days I going to bump into one of the Canadian contingent.I was working out in Chicago/Mid west area the first week of March,since it’s so slow on the east coast.