New Intro

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m an ex-pat living in Utah. I moved over here in September of 2013 from Sandbach, with my wife and three kids. I’d been driving in the UK for 18 years, the last 11 on the car transporters. Over here i drive for Fedex Ground pulling doubles all over the States. Bit of a shock when i first started!! :open_mouth: They certainly do things different over here!!

Welcome to the mad house .

Cheers.
Off out tonight at 02:00am to Toledo then it’s anybody’s guess

Off to Winnipeg in the morning myself , seems to be my second home according to my planner . Oh well it pays the bills , have a safe trip .

jaykay530:
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m an ex-pat living in Utah. I moved over here in September of 2013 from Sandbach, with my wife and three kids. I’d been driving in the UK for 18 years, the last 11 on the car transporters. Over here i drive for Fedex Ground pulling doubles all over the States. Bit of a shock when i first started!! :open_mouth: They certainly do things different over here!!

Hi jaykay, just how do they do things different?
(if you don’t mind)

They just do many things differently over here. When I first jumped in a truck I thought I’d gone back 20 years. Going back to a crash box. That took a bit of getting used to. Driving along at 70 mph was a bit weird at first, I must have looked a right ■■■■ at first going about 58. Going to paper logs instead of tacho’s. Pulling into weigh stations. Just small things that you haven’t ever done or not done in along time. Like everything though you soon get used to it. It seems as though back in the uk your wrapped in cotton wool. Then things like the big mountain passes over here, and the weather seems to be really ■■■■■■■■. It can change to severe weather really quick, I always check the weather before I head out, and the winters last forever, driving on the snow and ice all the time. Having to chain up. I suppose the lads in Canada have even worse winters up there. I drive in a team so it was a nightmare trying to sleep while the trucks chappin along. Then things like the weekend don’t mean ■■■■ to anyone here. There’s as many trucks out on the road as during the week. And then there’s the distance. There isn’t no quick way to get home if you needed to if your a few thousand miles away.
All things that you soon get used to though.

Welcome to the mad house lol fair play I take my hat off to you driving team, I did it for a while and never again. Least you not gotta worry about sliding axles. As you said though you soon get used to things. Sit back and enjoy the ride