DFA first aid course

BossHogg:

Franglais:
Was the trainer saying it will be a compulsory module from next year?

He said from next year its becoming compulsory for all the modules to be different, as some drivers are doing the same module multiple times. So it’s being proposed that one of the modules is a compulsory first aid one.

Very clear. Thanks.
One little hiccup may be that the DFA website says their course should be valid for 3 years, but its 5 yrs between DCPC renewals. So to keep current with DFA well be doing two of their courses between our renewals.
Hopefully that can be sorted with a bit tweaking though.

Franglais:

BossHogg:

Franglais:
Was the trainer saying it will be a compulsory module from next year?

He said from next year its becoming compulsory for all the modules to be different, as some drivers are doing the same module multiple times. So it’s being proposed that one of the modules is a compulsory first aid one.

Very clear. Thanks.
One little hiccup may be that the DFA website says their course should be valid for 3 years, but its 5 yrs between DCPC renewals. So to keep current with DFA well be doing two of their courses between our renewals.
Hopefully that can be sorted with a bit tweaking though.

I suppose if the first course counted for a “late” module then the card cycle will be completed & the second course could count towards the following cycle.

If the DFA course is only valid for 3 years then I would question the suitability of this for DCPC which runs on a 5 year cycle.

For the removal of doubt I do think first aid is a good topic for CPC.

7 hours? I completed a 12 hour course this week which certified me as a Scottish Mental Health First Aider. Supposedly each nation within the UK has its own variant of what is effectively a suicide prevention course :neutral_face:

scanny77:
7 hours? I completed a 12 hour course this week which certified me as a Scottish Mental Health First Aider. Supposedly each nation within the UK has its own variant of what is effectively a suicide prevention course :neutral_face:

Another two hours and that could be two modules if it`s approved.

After suitable training maybe we could talk each other out of carrying on being truck drivers?

Franglais:

scanny77:

Another two hours and that could be two modules if it`s approved.

After suitable training maybe we could talk each other out of carrying on being truck drivers?

Unfortunately I cant relate it to work because it was NHS Scotland who ran the course (for free) and the university provided the facilities. All I have to show for is it a certificate for my CV which I assume will be meaningless compared to a degree in psychology

Dipper_Dave:
Perhaps it would make a good petition to the govt that first aid/DFA is a compulsory dCPC module.

Agreed, at least then those who have done the job a while will actually learn something from this farcical dcpc crap,.and maybe I would even enjoy it.

The last courses I done were a complete waste of good social time (Sat mornings) paid for by myself :smiling_imp: …, and time I will never get back.

Being as I’m cynical, I do know the answer btw :unamused: , but why is it not a ‘Once done it that’s it’ thing, instead of having to endure it again and again periodically.

All this type of ■■■■■■■■ does my ■■■■ swede in, it would not be as bad if it was in firms time paid for by them. :smiling_imp:
Btw…how much is this course and who runs it.
And…can you take ANY first aid course that will qualify for dcpc hours??

I said compulsory because i believe its of great importance…i also think it could be incorporated into the dcpc…i have seen many accidents over the years…but felt helpless…i have gone to help also but felt inadequate as i didnt know what to do…i would hate to have to be the first on the scene, for the reasons above…that possibly i could do more damage…so at least after taking that course, it would achieve something, and leave me feeling a lot more confident in going to help and could score me points towards a module.