Cpc first aid course

i am looking for a first aid course for a module of my cpc…in particular rta…cut a long story short i was on the a50 last night and there was a accident happend just infront of me and as i passed i found a casualty in lane 1 that had been catapulted 50- 60 yds from the car…i checked for a pulse etc and if he was breathing which he was.he was in a bad way…i didnt want to move him not knowing the nature f his injurys as he was breathing and not choking but a guy insisted on moving him into the recovery position which i helped with,i stayed with him talking to him etc but he wasnt conscious,i put my fleece round him etc…
if i have to do this cpc then i would really like atleast 1 module of rta if possible,atleast then i will benefit and hopefully others may benefit should i arrive on scene to this again.
if anyone knows of any courses especially in the north west of this nature could you please let me know.

many thanks

andy

1 you were right he didnt need moving as he was in no danger was breathing on his own so why move him

Might be worth contacting shep532 on here

animal:
1 you were right he didnt need moving as he was in no danger was breathing on his own so why move him

So if he vomits he won’t choke to death.

You don’t put people who aren’t breathing into the recovery position: you apply CPR.

You can find various D-CPC courses that will teach you this and more.

jaupt.org.uk/Centre+and+Cour … manchester
any help?

thank you rog,i will phone around monday.

GasGas:

animal:

So if he vomits he won’t choke to death.

You don’t put people who aren’t breathing into the recovery position: you apply CPR.

You can find various D-CPC courses that will teach you this and more.

May be read the OP he was breathing not chocking not in any danger so why move ONLY move if in danger Yep keep eye on him but that all

:bulb:
…or how about CHEVRON TRAINING in Flint - a mere 2 miles west of Connah’s Quay ?
:slight_smile:

thx deesider,ive just had a pm suggesting them

I am in the North West and do DCPC including first aid as a 7 hour course.

Not allowed to advertise on here though :wink:

Are you in a rush? I don’t run the first aid ones all that often (not popular) but currently aiming for at least 1 or 2 in December if i can get enough bums on seats.